Speculations Who is the Moon God?

Totally got a point.

For me it is difficult to explain but the short story: same as the sun has been referenxed alot within things like Sunny, Elbaf and Fishmen, there is the samw things going on with the Moon.

Additionally qe are in some kind of battle royale between different candidates for the "throne", "to become god".
Even if Enel is more about symbolism and memes, I am sure he might come back. Enel is afterall one of those candidates or ex-candidates for the throne, similair to someone like Momo who is a candidate for a global new wave heritage.

The main point overall is that both Moon and Sun are supppsed to be a duality, a ying and yang that has to work together. Maybe sisters or brothers.

From a perspective of symbolism you can twist it all over. An example:
Luffy could be the Sun, Ace passed down the Sun to Luffy. Tho Sabo has always represented the Moon as he was tied to the noble realm. Still they are a working duality because they are brothers.

I wanna take this a step further:
-Blackbeard could also represent a Sun because in the far distance a Black Hole will shine bright through the energy it consumes and emmits. (Thats often the case when they consume stars).
Eg: Blackbeard was shining brighter than Ace.
Blackbearf is still a D who inheritef the will of D and Blackbeard would favour taking the throne from Imu.
Imu, who represent the moon (Umi/Tides) could also pass his will onto Blackbeard or like in my theory, Imu possessing Blackbeard because Imu needs a new body to prolong their life. Take it witha grain of salt its my headcanon. XD

But yeah the Sun/Moon reference is a duality but everything that is healthy is disrupted in the One Piece world, so Sun and Moon currently are not a duality and they conflict each other.

My point is flexible and moon could be either Imu, Enel, or Blackbeard depending on the perspective.

But we talk about the "current" Moon God? There is a self declared god/king in Mary Geoise and people already speculate this villain to mirror Kaguya from Naruto. Coincidence? I think no, its conceptual. It has to make sense in the end so that is one of the nearest answers.

Anyway I believe we will for sure get some stuff about it in future and Oda is recently playing alot with symbolism, metaphors and etc, he will continue and we will find more clues with each new chapter^^
Post automatically merged:

Sry for the typos, mobile is nagging my life recently :(
Not to drag it out too much, but imagine how devastating Enels' powers would be to most other characters except Luffy - not to mention if he gains access to haoushoku haki.

Just like you I think Oda will twist our imagination quite unexpectedly and I love OP for this.

I wanted to mention that Kishimoto got his Kaguya from a mythic tale about a Princess from the moon from real world Japan. So it is not impossible Oda will reference that too. Maybe we should dig into Indian myths too because we see a lot of references to this region and its traditions.

Rej

Year of the black beard!
Not to drag it out too much, but imagine how devastating Enels' powers would be to most other characters except Luffy - not to mention if he gains access to haoushoku haki.

Just like you I think Oda will twist our imagination quite unexpectedly and I love OP for this.

I wanted to mention that Kishimoto got his Kaguya from a mythic tale about a Princess from the moon from real world Japan. So it is not impossible Oda will reference that too. Maybe we should dig into Indian myths too because we see a lot of references to this region and its traditions.
Yes yes, I mentioned Kaguya and the Moon Princess previously in the post^^ it is def something that still has to be properly treated in the story and the way Oda works we can def expect something in the endgame.

Also what do you think? If Enel comes back, will he flip over as an ally or stay an enemy?

Can't wait for Zoro to be explicitly labeled as Moon in the verse, I'm fairly confident that got decent chances to be fullfilled :cheers:
On another coinflip its Hiyori who could be the Moon Princess and Zoro the lover who is stuck on earth.
But this is headcanon/fanfic. But that way Zoro atleast could be tied.

Yes yes, I mentioned Kaguya and the Moon Princess previously in the post^^ it is def something that still has to be properly treated in the story and the way Oda works we can def expect something in the endgame.

Also what do you think? If Enel comes back, will he flip over as an ally or stay an enemy?

On another coinflip its Hiyori who could be the Moon Princess and Zoro the lover who is stuck on earth.
But this is headcanon/fanfic. But that way Zoro atleast could be tied.
I think Enels position depends entirely on what exactly he learned on the moon and to what conclusions that drives him. I could very well imagine him completely rethinking his role as 'a' god and returning to Skypia first - scaring the living shit out of everyone only to have turned into some remorseful giver that now tries to make amends for is past deeds.
Or maybe even in the style of Sir Crocodile - not exactly friendly, but knowing that Luffy just is the guy without whom everything good will be lost or something like that. I certainly cannot imagine him just returning randomly and trying to wreak havoc and establishing dominance by Enel-Facing. But Oda would never send someone this strong to the moon, one of the most important mistery-places in OP just to never have him come back. I already see the face of his ugly-ass ship breaking through clouds unexpectedly with half the observing strawhats dropping jaws.^^

But back to the Moon God - Do you guys really think that Zoro is that much more related to the moon than the rest of Wanos' inhabitants? Momo and Hyori are much closer to that symbolism imo. I kind of see him more like pacting half his soul away to hell to access the strongest swordsman powers or sth like that

Also was Luffy ever really called "Nika"? So far we definitely know he is JoyBoy but does that really mean he is Nika? We only speculate this because of the suggestive connections Oda gave us with WhosWho and this jumping-in-front-of-moon image. I find it a bit suspicious that our over 800 year old elephant in the room/ocean never mentioned as much as a small hint about the whole Sun God thing.
On one hand it would fit very well with Luffys fire-attacks. His new color scheme on the other hand is full-white - which would very nicely fit a moon-guy. Flaming hair and all aside. And I don't really think it is that way but we have been trolled by Oda before by false clues that we interpreted wrongly etc. ...

Last edited:

Rej

Year of the black beard!
I think Enels position depends entirely on what exactly he learned on the moon and to what conclusions that drives him. I could very well imagine him completely rethinking his role as 'a' god and returning to Skypia first - scaring the living shit out of everyone only to have turned into some remorseful giver that now tries to make amends for is past deeds.
Or maybe even in the style of Sir Crocodile - not exactly friendly, but knowing that Luffy just is the guy without whom everything good will be lost or something like that. I certainly cannot imagine him just returning randomly and trying to wreak havoc and establishing dominance by Enel-Facing. But Oda would never send someone this strong to the moon, one of the most important mistery-places in OP just to never have him come back. I already see the face of his ugly-ass ship breaking through clouds unexpectedly with half the observing strawhats dropping jaws.^^
100%, I am on the same page!

The OP Moon isn't associated with darkness, obviously BB deez nuts.
The Sun and the Moon work together. Also there's no Moon God.
ok but think back to Skypia. Taking the missing eye of the skull shaped island into account you'd have a city of the sun and a city of the moon. I'm sure Skypia is really important in the long run. Would Oda really dismiss the opportunity for the moon-god-character-surprise?