General & Others Who still thinks Zoro surpasses Oden this arc ?

Would Zoro defeat Oden in 1 vs 1 combat at the end of Wano ?

• Total voters
This isnt totally relate to this thread but boss hyogoro is seeing in Luffy&Zoro two entity that are extremely powerful:
In Luffy he sees the the wisdom king
In Zoro he sees the god blade:
Now my point is that both legendary divinity are pointing to make this Luffy/Zoro achieving extraordinary things in Wano, so I feel like this should also point to the fact that this 2 will become stronger than Oden.

Yes.

See Hitetsu's words:

And then Zoro's own epiphany:

Zoro has already taken his first step into Oden's class by meeting Enma's challenge head on. When he exceeds Oden's mastery of Enma, he'll be above him.
Make the case for me, since the panels themselves are not telling me that.
Zoro will have surpassed Oden in a specific area, but it does not tell me anything about overall.

There's no objective comparison. When we look at it up to now:

- Near peak Oden was put on his ass by a decent attack from Roger. Hakai would probably send him flying even at his final battle.

- Hybrid Kaido wasn't a thing back then

- Kaido dodged Hiryu Kaen. The Asura attack didn't leave the biggest scar, but Zoro had nothing left in the tank at the time.

Going forward Hitetsu suggested that Zoro can do something for Enma that Oden couldn't accomplish in 30 years. If that happens then it's no longer a question.

honestly only kaido can confirm it he now how strong oden was and he still think he is around same level as great pirates like roger wb rocks and shanks
black blade also can be another confirmation depend on how you can turn a blade into black blade

i honestly don't think luffy or zoro will surpass oden in this ark unless they get another pu

Last edited:
He is surpassing Oden this arc, making Enma black.
I feel like even on the rooftop Zoro displayed superlative stats.

I mean his offensive output didn't stand on the level of Oden probably, at least in base, but his defensive output was so much greater. Hakai>>Divine Departure but Zoro managed to block the former for a while unlike Oden with DD.

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Be that as it may, You can not dismiss the placement Oda is putting on him. You would be denying canon for you own desires.

2nd point does not matter. It's a narrative not just a brawl, You are placing fights above the narrative.

Irrelevant, Zoro may have scarred Kaidou, that's not in dispute here, You're acting like he fought Kaidou alone instead of a 1v5 or w/e... Stop being disingenuous.
It does matter. Fight between fucking top tiers can last days.

No fucking way you actually believe a few hours clash at best was top tier level fight. Kaido didn't even use Hybrid yet.

Kaido 20 years ago was not the unit he is now. Sorry for breaking it down to ya.

Current Luffy would bodybag Kaido from 20 years ago and the same goes for Zoro with Oden from 20 years ago.

It does matter. Fight between fucking top tiers can last days.

No fucking way you actually believe a few hours clash at best was top tier level fight. Kaido didn't even use Hybrid yet.

Kaido 20 years ago was not the unit he is now. Sorry for breaking it down to ya.

Current Luffy would bodybag Kaido from 20 years ago and the same goes for Zoro with Oden from 20 years ago.
Nothing even sugests Kaido was weaker back then, thats just headcannon and you know it.

honestly only kaido can confirm it he now how strong oden was and he still think he is around same level as great pirates like roger wb rocks and shanks
black blade also can be another confirmation depend on how you can turn a blade into black blade

i honestly don't think luffy or zoro will surpass oden in this ark unless they get another pu
Current Luffy is above Oden already. He surpassed Oden in chapter 1010. Zoro will surpass Oden at the end of this Arc, when he heals from defeating king. Zoro will be 20% above Oden.

kaido is stronger now then he was back then. Current base Luffy split the sky with Hybrid Kaido. Oden did not even face hybrid kaido. Oden also never split the sky with Kaido.

Luffy is on another level.

Last edited:
This isnt totally relate to this thread but boss hyogoro is seeing in Luffy&Zoro two entity that are extremely powerful:
In Luffy he sees the the wisdom king
In Zoro he sees the god blade:
Now my point is that both legendary divinity are pointing to make this Luffy/Zoro achieving extraordinary things in Wano, so I feel like this should also point to the fact that this 2 will become stronger than Oden.
Hyogoro is just a fucking hype man lmao

Even if not, hybrid Kaido > zoan Kaido > base kaido and Zoro's feats vs hybrid Kaido put him above Oden
I would put even base kaido above his zoan form, he only eats L's in that....But in terms of pure durability i think his zoan form is probably just as high as Hybrid.

Zoro and Luffy should probably leave wano as strong or a bit stronger than Oden, but i dont think any of the two are as strong as Oden right now.

I would put even base kaido above his zoan form, he only eats L's in that....But in terms of pure durability i think his zoan form is probably just as high as Hybrid.

Zoro and Luffy should probably leave wano as strong or a bit stronger than Oden, but i dont think any of the two are as strong as Oden right now.
Luffy is already well above Oden, Zoro will surpass him when he heals from winning the fight against king.

Oden almost killed Kaido with a single atack, no way hes as strong as Oden right now even if he beats Kaido.
That was against a weaker kaido that struggled with moriah and did not have his hybrid form and next level sky splitting CoC yet. Oden fought a weaker Kaido and got one shot from an unamed Kaido club attack, with 1 hand.

Kaido even used 2 hands to attack Luffy. Not just that but Luffy has not even used King Kong Gun, which is way above Odens attack in lethality and power.

Lethality comes from internal destruction haki boosted by his sky splting CoC coating combinend with Gear 4 unparalleled physical strength.

The King Kong Gun shown in chapter 955 + CoC sky splitt on top of that.

That was against a weaker kaido that struggled with moriah and did not have his hybrid form and next level sky splitting CoC yet. Oden fought a weaker Kaido and got one shot from an unamend Kaido club attack, with 1 hand.

Kaido even used 2 hands to attack Luffy. Not just that but Luffy has not even used King Kong Gun, which is way above Odens attack in lethality and power.

Lethality comes from internal destruction haki boosted by his sky splting CoC coating combinend with Gear 4 unparalleled physical strength.

The King Kong Gun shown in chapter 955.
Kaido never strugled with Moria, im not sure since i dont remenber that well, but didnt Moria just infiltrated wano to steal some shit and was chased out from there? You might be right though, and Kaido could have been somehow weaker back then, but i dont see it since he dosent seem the kind of character that trains at all, just drinks all day

Seth

𝐊𝐨𝐤𝐮𝐭𝐨 𝐒𝐡𝐮𝐬𝐮𝐢
Nothing even sugests Kaido was weaker back then, thats just headcannon and you know it.
A lot of things suggest that. You just keep denying reality because a) it involves Zoro which is always an entrance to hate speech on characters he fights. 2. You are Oden/Kaido fanboy.

1. Fight between Top Tiers would've last days. This fucking fight was a few hours max if even a few hours lol.

2. Comparing taming Enma between a guy who got this sword since young bozo and master it over years to Zoro who only carries it for 2 weeks + and is becoming better and better at it. Lmao.

3. Kaido didn't use the Hybrid or awakening.

4. Oden didn't have Kaido on his last legs. Even tho Oda says that anime is a different medium there were reports that Wano producers asked Oda especially about Oden flashback and what to show and what not. There you can see all of this "Oden had Kaido on his last legs" bullshit put into dirt. Kaido was ready for another clash, he got scarred because he underestimated Oden too much.

A lot of things suggest that. You just keep denying reality because a) it involves Zoro which is always an entrance to hate speech on characters he fights. 2. You are Oden/Kaido fanboy.

1. Fight between Top Tiers would've last days. This fucking fight was a few hours max if even a few hours lol.

2. Comparing taming Enma between a guy who got this sword since young bozo and master it over years to Zoro who only carries it for 2 weeks + and is becoming better and better at it. Lmao.

3. Kaido didn't use the Hybrid or awakening.

4. Oden didn't have Kaido on his last legs. Even tho Oda says that anime is a different medium there were reports that Wano producers asked Oda especially about Oden flashback and what to show and what not. There you can see all of this "Oden had Kaido on his last legs" bullshit put into dirt. Kaido was ready for another clash, he got scarred because he underestimated Oden too much.
When did i mentioned Zoro? lol, insecure much?
I have ALWAYS been saying Kaido's tittle as strongest creature alive is high bullshit, and i dare you to find any thread of me fanboying over Oden. I still think the fact that WB treated him as a brother instead of a son speaks of how much he respected Oden, he was probably a high top tier by the time his journey ended. Still a terribly fucking stupid character for obeying Orochi's demands though.

1-I dont think Kaido is a high top tier at all, nor big meme.
2-Never said anything about enma.
3-Thats on Kaido if he thinks his shitty Zoan form is any good.
4-He did tho, look at the size of that scar LOL.

Again, im not claiming to be right, im just saying that theres a possibility we have been sleeping on Oden.

Kaido never strugled with Moria, im not sure since i dont remenber that well, but didnt Moria just infiltrated wano to steal some shit and was chased out from there? You might be right though, and Kaido could have been somehow weaker back then, but i dont see it since he dosent seem the kind of character that trains at all, just drinks all day
Oden during his exceution, told Kaido to get stronger for the future event to come. Kaido took that seriously and got stronger.