Powers & Abilities Who wants a bad theory ? I've got some bad theory today, hope it will be fit to your taste ! 🍐🏵️🕸️ ( It's about fruits and their powers )

Okay.

People consume fruits and gain powers ? A'right ?

What if fruits had not "one" possible power but the fruit transformed itself to match the person consuming it ?

Luffy ? -> I wanna eat as much as possible -> boom elastic fruit
Alvida ? -> everybody thinks I am ugly, I wanna be beautiful -> boom slim fruit
Buggy ? -> Shanks, Rayleigh, Roger, Mihawk will cut me someday -> boom no cut fruit
Kizaru ? -> Everyboooooodyyyy thiiiiinnkks I am sloooooow -> boom light speed fruit
Kuma ? -> I want to reject all that sad reality -> boom reject fruit
Bonney ?

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Okay.

What if fruits had not "one" possible power but the fruit transformed itself to match the person consuming it ?

Buggy ? -> Shanks, Rayleigh, Roger, Mihawk will cut me someday -> boom no cut fruit
Kizaru ? -> Everyboooooodyyyy thiiiiinnkks I am sloooooow -> boom light speed fruit
Bonney ?
Well the counter theory has proven efficient so far, this isn't stupid.

Of course we can't preemptively necessarily expect to find a counter to every devil fruit that has a specific inclination despite it intuitively seems like so.

But yes it makes sense nevertheless.

Bonney ? -> If I was younger I would be able to defend my kingdom -> boom age fruit
Akainu ? -> I wanna annihilate Pirates with my hot temper -> boom Lava fruit
Aokiji ? -> Let's chill and travel above the sea
Katarina Devon ? -> I'm ugly and I envy others pretty women-> boom transform fruit
Ivankov ? -> I don't know if I wanna be a boy or a girl -> boom gender fruit
Chopper ? -> my specie hate me, humans seems cool -> boom human fruits
Brook ? -> everybody is dying from disease around me, I don't wanna -> boom anti death fruit
Blackbeard ? -> I wanna everything in this world -> boom absord everything fruit
Whitebeard ? -> I wanna shake this evil world -> boom earthquake fruit

Its not as bad as you make the title to be. Maybe tweak it a little to " the fruit resonates to the will of the people compatible to its nature, so the fruit's soul twisted the people's subconscious to bring the compatible user closer to the fruit's location, enabling them to find and eat it" ?

Last edited:

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
But don't we have instances of people saying that are catalogs of each fruit and what power that specific fruit contains? So it would already debunk that.
Shanks KNEW he fruit Luffy ate was the Rubber fruit. BB KNEW the Yami Yami no Mi.
Doflamingo KNEW the Mera Mera, etc.

Its not as bad as you make the title to be. Maybe tweak it a little to " the fruit resonates to the will of the people compatible to its nature, so the fruit's soul twisted the people's subconscious to bring the compatible user closer to the fruit's location, emabling them to find and eat it" ?
A "luck" factor that one draw someone compatible towards a specific fruit seems more reasonable indeed.

First I continue a little because I already wrote what follows.

Big Mom -> I never want to be alone again -> Boom Soul fruit
Streusen -> I'm a cook and I want to make food -> Boom food fruit
Drake -> Tyrannosaurus looks cool -> Boom T rex fruit
King -> I have wings but I can't fly, I wanna fly ! -> Boom flying dinosaur fruit
Shiki -> I want everything under my control -> Boom Float fruit
Kidd -> I come from a Metal Island, I want to wreck stuff -> Boom Magnetic fruit
Robin -> If only I had ears everywhere, hands everywhere, I could know what's happening and react
Law -> I wanna cure myself and everybody -> boom miracle treatment fruit
Marco -> I wanna cure myself and everybody -> boom miracle treatment fruit
Urouge -> I am Karma, when someone hit me, I want to hit him back and shows him consequences of his actions -> boom reverse Strength fruit
Foxy -> everybody stronger and faster than I am, if only I could slow them down -> Boom Slow fruit
Sugar -> I want everybody to be my toys -> Toys fruit

2nd, thanks for your attention concerning, like @Doggo said, an already, at least partially debunked theory.

Well the counter theory has proven efficient so far, this isn't stupid.

Of course we can't preemptively necessarily expect to find a counter to every devil fruit that has a specific inclination despite it intuitively seems like so.

But yes it makes sense nevertheless.
Its not as bad as you make the title to be. Maybe tweak it a little to " the fruit resonates to the will of the people compatible to its nature, so the fruit's soul twisted the people's subconscious to bring the compatible user closer to the fruit's location, emabling them to find and eat it" ?
But don't we have instances of people saying that are catalogs of each fruit and what power that specific fruit contains? So it would already debunk that.
Shanks KNEW he fruit Luffy ate was the Rubber fruit. BB KNEW the Yami Yami no Mi.
Doflamingo KNEW the Mera Mera, etc.

A "luck" factor that one draw someone compatible towards a specific fruit seems more reasonable indeed.
I think the most reasonable explanation for these seemingly "fitting" fruit and characters ambitions is Oda giving a theme to characters.

Oda gave Blackbeard the Yami fruit because Blackbeard possibly wants everything.

Big Mom got her fruit because it is an overpowered one, like Whitebeard one, and it fit her character theme : she gather lot of people and manipulate them out of fear.

Buggy got his partially because it is Luffy reverse fruit. Luffy did not fear bullet while fearing swords while Buggy did not fear Sword but feared bullets.

However, I find interesting how well lots of those fruits matched characyers desires and ambitions.

Okay.

Bonney ?
This actually makes sense