Questions & Mysteries Who will Luffy fight in Elbaf?

Who do you think luffy will fight in elbaf and why?
Imo i think he’ll end up fighting with both big mom and Kuzan
  • Big mom to conclude their whole beef and to tie up her role in the story
  • Kuzan to start off the strawhats fight with Blackbeard pirates and also just info dump

I don't think Elbaf will be a battle arc

I think it'll just be a lore drop and maybe some sentimental moments

Tho ideally Imu just eradicates the entire island
I don’t think it’ll be a battle arc like let’s say a dressrosa or enies lobby but imo luffy will get at least a fight in. Zoro too by default

Scenes when Elbaf is simply 80 chapters of exposition and run piece or sightseeing with 60 being of stuff we already know but with "twists"🎉 🌈🎉

and then remaining 20 being useless new info followed by "that" man has finally arrived on the island at the end of the arc and we see a silhouette

Agree with Yoho.

Big Mom will redeem herself by making amends with the giants then join them in the final war in the following arc. Also, Katakuri likes Luffy and is likely leading the crew to find Pudding. He will surely find her there and join the fight.

Last edited:
Agree with Yoho.

Big Mom will redeem herself by making amends with the giants then join them in the final war in the following arc. Also, Katakuri likes Luffy and is likely leading the crew to find Pudding. He will surely find her there and join the fight.
Big mom definitely should get some type of happy or at worst bitter sweat ending in elbaf. That can still happen after a fight with Luffy tho imo. Not something as major as Luffy vs kaido but hopefully more fleshed out than luffy vs kizaru

Imo all 4 emperors and 3 og admiral will all somehow be put in situations that don’t allow them to fight against imu’s forces.

I think he will have several clashes/fights in the arc

- Big Mom quick clash to end her story

- Kid just to gas him up

- Giant villain to end the arc

Maybe Shanks or Law if Oda wants to go full fan service. Tho I think it would be better to leave all 4 Yonko for the Burn Scar man arc

He will end up fighting Eustass Kid. Let me explain.

Before I talk about history/events. I'll address the characters of Luffy and Kidd.

Both Luffy and Kidd have very similiar personalities. Both have a very strong will, a willingness to protect those around them at any cost, a will to fight against impossible odds and both are very stubborn.

Now on to the events/history that will lead to this fight.

Luffy:

From the very first chapter of one piece, we're introduced to Shanks. And you begin to realize Shanks is literally Luffy's savior, mentor and inspiration for his journey. A very important character in Luffy's life. The way he treats Shanks's hat says more than enough. In Luffy's eyes, Shanks is an idol he admires and strives to surpass.

Kidd:

We know Kidd had a very different childhood compared to Luffy. We know at some point, when Kidd was young, the girl he loved was killed because of gang violence. There are theories that Shanks had connections to the underworld. It's very possible he could have been involved with those gangs that caused Victoria's death. This is one possible reason, however, it brings me to my next point. Since we've been introduced Kidd, hes always seemed focused on going after Shanks. Its very clear theres a big reason why Kidd wants to go after Shanks. For now we don't know what that reason may be. This will eventually be revealed. And interestingly Oda has never allowed the two characters to have any direct dialogue. Its abunduntaly clear that Kidd views Shanks very differently in comparison to how luffy does. Kidd views shanks as an enemy, someone who he needs to tear down, while luffy views him as an idol and someone to surpass. I also have suspicions that Shanks has direct connections to the WG, and we know that is something Kidd has no respect for.

Now you might be asking wtf does shanks have to do with a fight between Luffy/Kidd. Shanks will be the catalyst for this fight.

At some point Luffy will learn about the incident that occured with Kidd and Shanks. Either from the giants or at some point on elbaf. At somepoint during elbaf, Kidd will learn about Luffy's relationship with Shanks. This will probably infuriate Kidd. I honestly, would not be surprised if Kidd ends up attacking first.

I am willing to bet, that Kidd/Luffy will fight on elbaf. Kidd is "that guy" that will fight that guy "Luffy."

Shanks
Post automatically merged:

He will end up fighting Eustass Kid. Let me explain.

Before I talk about history/events. I'll address the characters of Luffy and Kidd.

Both Luffy and Kidd have very similiar personalities. Both have a very strong will, a willingness to protect those around them at any cost, a will to fight against impossible odds and both are very stubborn.

Now on to the events/history that will lead to this fight.

Luffy:

From the very first chapter of one piece, we're introduced to Shanks. And you begin to realize Shanks is literally Luffy's savior, mentor and inspiration for his journey. A very important character in Luffy's life. The way he treats Shanks's hat says more than enough. In Luffy's eyes, Shanks is an idol he admires and strives to surpass.

Kidd:

We know Kidd had a very different childhood compared to Luffy. We know at some point, when Kidd was young, the girl he loved was killed because of gang violence. There are theories that Shanks had connections to the underworld. It's very possible he could have been involved with those gangs that caused Victoria's death. This is one possible reason, however, it brings me to my next point. Since we've been introduced Kidd, hes always seemed focused on going after Shanks. Its very clear theres a big reason why Kidd wants to go after Shanks. For now we don't know what that reason may be. This will eventually be revealed. And interestingly Oda has never allowed the two characters to have any direct dialogue. Its abunduntaly clear that Kidd views Shanks very differently in comparison to how luffy does. Kidd views shanks as an enemy, someone who he needs to tear down, while luffy views him as an idol and someone to surpass. I also have suspicions that Shanks has direct connections to the WG, and we know that is something Kidd has no respect for.

Now you might be asking wtf does shanks have to do with a fight between Luffy/Kidd. Shanks will be the catalyst for this fight.

At some point Luffy will learn about the incident that occured with Kidd and Shanks. Either from the giants or at some point on elbaf. At somepoint during elbaf, Kidd will learn about Luffy's relationship with Shanks. This will probably infuriate Kidd. I honestly, would not be surprised if Kidd ends up attacking first.

I am willing to bet, that Kidd/Luffy will fight on elbaf. Kidd is "that guy" that will fight that guy "Luffy."
You just forgot that Kidd is dead

I think Akainu / Garling / WG will be the enemies in the Elbaf arc, because unless Oda goes full Lolda there's no way the world government would leave the strawhats alone after Egghead.

Who do you think luffy will fight in elbaf and why?
Imo i think he’ll end up fighting with both big mom and Kuzan
  • Big mom to conclude their whole beef and to tie up her role in the story
  • Kuzan to start off the strawhats fight with Blackbeard pirates and also just info dump
Everybody