Speculations Who would be the new captain if Luffy is dead?

who would be the new captain if luffy is dead?

• Total voters
Okay now I will give a serious answer.
Zoro would be the best choice but I’m sure he would refuse to be the captain. The crew would disband. Zoro became a pirate because he wanted to follow Luffy. Without him he will try to reach his goal without being a pirate. He will be a bounty hunter challenging his way up to Mihawk
Yeah, I could see this being Zoros path as well. A bounty hunter, a shichibukai, a lone wolf whatever his title might be like Mihawk. But I believe Zoro might first take the reins for a short while making sure the Usopps, Namis and Choppers of the crew are safe, in other words travelling back to paradise. Perhaps disbanding the crew at Sabaody, a place where every member should be strong enough to fend for themselves (I suspect Rayleigh did the same back in the day).

Yeah, I could see this being Zoros path as well. A bounty hunter, a shichibukai, a lone wolf whatever his title might be like Mihawk. But I believe Zoro might first take the reins for a short while making sure the Usopps, Namis and Choppers of the crew are safe, in other words travelling back to paradise. Perhaps disbanding the crew at Sabaody, a place where every member should be strong enough to fend for themselves (I suspect Rayleigh did the same back in the day).
Maybe we will something like that in the final chapter of One piece

The crew disbands or at least splits because none of the others would follow the others on their dreams rather than their own.
Brook Franky Nami Robin and Sanji may sail together just because they share a goal of adventure and searching the entire world (or at least circumnavigating it for their dream)

Usopp Jinbe and Zoro may sail together too as their dreams aren’t dependent on searching the world but through notoriety.

All in all itd be the end of the straw hats

Roronoa-sama

Magic Sword, Magic Swordsman, and Can Cut Anything
They'll have to find their own ways to achieve them. Do you think Sanji would want Zoro to stick with him because he wants to realize his dream even though he doesn't want to do it?
Zoro would be the captain for the world but the mugis luffy always will be the captain. Thr crew will continue his dream and when will have a difficult situation zoro will have his role sanji will be agree like the past

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
Either Nami, Usopp, or Franky for a variety of reasons. Zoro could lead but probably wouldn’t want to, Sanji can’t lead a drop of water to an ocean, Chopper’s a child, Robin prefers to hang back, Brook and Jinbe have already done it and don’t need the headache. Otherwise, if not someone already on the crew, my guess is this guy:

Warchief Sanji D Goat

Ubel > Frieren and Fern
Either Nami, Usopp, or Franky for a variety of reasons. Zoro could lead but probably wouldn’t want to, Sanji can’t lead a drop of water to an ocean, Chopper’s a child, Robin prefers to hang back, Brook and Jinbe have already done it and don’t need the headache. Otherwise, if not someone already on the crew, my guess is this guy:
That's Admiral Greenbull.:fujilaugh:

Zoro would be the captain for the world but the mugis luffy always will be the captain. Thr crew will continue his dream and when will have a difficult situation zoro will have his role sanji will be agree like the past
What I can suggest is that the crew members would most likely follow the lead of the most dominant and Zoro himself heftily asserted he would take over. Had Luffy died or failed of course.

I think if Luffy died they would disband. Luffy is the glue that holds the crew together.

However, if they decided to continue for a while then Zoro because he is second in command and would inherit the position but in all honesty, as much as I love Zoro, the best choice would be Franky.

He has already been a leader and has the heart and mentality for the role.