Future Events Who would solidify Luffy position as a Yonko tier fighter?

who would solidify luffy as a yonko tier fighter

• kaido

Votes: 19 54.3%
  • bigmom

Votes: 5 14.3%
  • shanks

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • an admiral

• blackbeard

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • he would never be yonko tier

• someone else

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters
Splitting the Sky with Kaido has solidified Luffy as a Top Tier. Where you place him on that spectrum is up to you, but he doesn't have to beat anyone to prove he is there.

Love it or hate it, Kaido is the current strongest character in the verse. Luffy isn't ready to take up that mantle yet, so having the guy suffer massive damage prior to this fight was the only option. Nobody currently alive can defeat Kaido when he is at 100 percent, and even in his current state, he dog walks any high tier or lower. So even now, anyone less than Top Tier stands zero chance of defeating him

So yeah. Luffy is already there. Is he at the top? Of course not. But he's at least at the point where he can go toe to toe with other Top Tiers now.

Luffy might be weakened but having the two on an even state looks pretty asinine on paper, Kaido looks easily the man standing in worse conditions as he can't even hold Onigashima anymore and even then I'm quite skeptical Luffy shall "solo" the yonko from now on since last time he did almost just tickle him, but never say never I guess.

According to what Rayleigh said he should be on that tier already.
CoC doesn't grow stronger by training but reflects the user's strength so with Luffy clashing equally with Kaido and splitting the sky I think we can assume he is there now, most likely the weakest one but still very close to them.

Luffy is on a Yonko level, the sky splitting pretty much confirmed it. Also Luffy literally told Yamato in 1026 that he wanted to One v One Kaido which I think will cement his status. People waiting for 'a one v one with both Luffy and the Yonko fully healthy, with no breaks, and no help' are going to be disappointed. That's not how Oda writes Luffy's fights, Luffy is almost always the underdog in all of his fights, and he often has to figure something out in order to beat his opponents' gimmick (i.e. Cracker's biscuits, Katakuri's future sight, Doflamingo's awakening, etc). Now that being said, I don't think Luffy is completely Yonko level yet. He's close, but he still has awakening to unlock, and his performance against Admirals and Yonko's post Wano need to be seen.

Kaido is not weakened. Even if he was Luffy is much more weakened than him. Kaido is not losing. Is literally pathetic Oda to portray top tiers as people who fight for days and then Kaido is getting weaker before one day of fighting. Even Luffy got stronger fighting Katakuri for hours(and still lost).