Versus Battle Who would win in battle betwwen Itachi vs Minato ?

who do think will win the battle

• Total voters
But even with Susanoo, Itachi is slow...
Susanoo take ton of chakra, he can´t use it forever.
Minato in case can teleport to dodge every move by coming from Itachi.

And I doubt Itachi is going to react to Minato speed, even Obito and Raikage failed to do.
Base Minato vs Itachi would be a high diff battle.
Bijuu Mode Minato low diffs at worst.
We don't know if he is slow with susanoo.
His susanoo byfar is the most unique one with extra abilities on top of that.
(I think eternal mangekyou solves the problem as it removes stress from body compared to mangekyou , So maybe less chakra consumption , Eternal mangkyou users don'treally struggle as much as Mangekyou users , *just my headcanon*).

Also Susanoo defense is sort of very strong , Even with Less mobility.

And itachi always had Shishui kotoamatsuki as backup. (I don't know if this counts).

(Another headcanon is shishui was proficient in body flicker ninjutsu , and itachi and Shishui were good friends as training buddies , won't be far fetched to assume he can deal with speed + Sharingan is always there. But TFRJ is on another tier only so I don't think so it would help).

And if are talking about full arsenal.
Itachi has access to Izanami and Izanagi , though a huge prize is to be paid here.
I don't think so there's any escape to these jutsu.

Minato is the more complete shinobi, he was an orderly hokage, he was taught at school what to do
In a battle he might not be smartest but he has all the smart tools to pull off his missions
Itachi on the other hand, past the age of 6 they had nothing to teach him at the shinobi school, man was built different, and then he went rogue living like a bandit for years while obtaining some busted Sharingan powers, and he used these powers in the most genius ways imaginable. He will always find the plothole and win, at least if his opponent is reasonably within his level
Itachi should take this

TbF, I think Itachi gets cooked regardless. Minato's too fast for Amaterasy, Tsukuyomi or most genjutsu.
If Itachi knows who he's fighting, and he definitely will because that's what it means to be an Akatsuki, then many things are possible
In raw ability on paper Minato is the better fighter, but in reality Itachi is the actual better fighter

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Izanami? Izanagi?

Also Itachi is expert in finding a weakness to the jutsu , hard to believe Thunder god won't have any.

I'm siding with Minato , but still giving you all a benefit of doubt.
Izanami requires too much set up to use, IIRC itachi said that in his fight against Kabuto. And doesn't Izanagi require Senju DNA to use?

There's def some exploits. Minato can only teleport to fixed locations with seals. But his seals never disappear and his reaction time is = the 4th raikage, who can duck and dive around amaterasu no diff.

There's def some exploits. Minato can only teleport to fixed locations with seals. But his seals never disappear and his reaction time is = the 4th raikage, who can duck and dive around amaterasu no diff
Raikage part even Sasuke countered it with Coating Skeletal Susanoo with amaterasu.
And I don't think so "Normal" rasengan or whatever rasengan Minato uses is enough break Susanoo. Even with rasenshuriken , Naruto had to pull Madara out of his Susanoo (I don't know if Susanoo defense property changes user to user)

Also I just checked , Izanagi , every uchiha can use it but only for very brief amount of time. For prolong usage you need Sage chakra for which you need hashirama cells. Like how danzo used.

Itachi is the biggest mary sue and doesn't deserve an ounce of respect for committing the dumbest genocide ever while leaving scum like Danzo alive

That being said I hate that Minato has zero answers to his Mangekyo Sharingan. Tsukuyomi + Susano'o would destroy him and his mid-Rasengans

Itachi is the biggest mary sue and doesn't deserve an ounce of respect for committing the dumbest genocide ever while leaving scum like Danzo alive

That being said I hate that Minato has zero answers to his Mangekyo Sharingan. Tsukuyomi + Susano'o would destroy him and his mid-Rasengans
This. Nothing stops Minato from getting blinkstomped, really.

This fight would have been better if it was alive Minato (without the Yin half of Kurama sealed into him) vs alive Itachi.
It would be an interesting what-if-scenario of two prodigial ninjas without any extra buffs that would give one side a possible unfair advantage over the other.

Flying Raijin is a great technique that lets its user avoid a sharingan user's line of sight though.