Why are there so many single families?

Jesus christ man what is happening,? People are getting married to have a wedding and then get divorced for fun. Is monogamy dead
Why wouldn’t they get divorced for fun? They been doing the on and off game since high school or middle school, once they finally “settle” in their mid to late 30s it is very hard for people who have gotten comfortable with the hook up and dating life not to feel tempted to leave as they have conditioned themselves to do by that point. Nothing to be surprised about there.

Zolo

Cope Doctor
It was shame in eyes of public to live life as freely as liberalism now made it... now it would be shame to have minimum body count for both man and woman, even when woman doesnt seem desirable if she has high count... I think its just natural order, the best 20% man gets the 80% of all woman... I believe its in the nature... And wedding used to make sense back in the past, now its useless and absolutely terrible especially for man... since woman iniciates divorces way more

(Another drunk post) There are many, many reasons why. I'm not sure if I should get into it too much but think about incentives; why people get married, what options we have today (Spoiler alert: The most we've ever had due to marriage + divorce laws, government subsidies). The flakiness of our (Western) society, lack of commitment, lack of needing to really commit if we want to survive.

I think we're going through some growing pains as a society. Marriage and birth rates are at historic lows, but I also think divorce rates will continue to drop as only the people who really want to get married, and are willing to stick by it, will do so. Single families will continue to increase as technology improves. The social contracts that held our society somewhat together for eons, have been broken.

I don't necessarily think this is a bad thing, just depends on perspective. But most of these kids will probably be fucked developmentally.

5G can possibly be very dangerous , i'm a Electronics engineer working in 5G Network Rollout , and i can tell you this : long term effects of shooting 20Watts of power at 26 GHz of frequency ( standard 5G high density urban configuration) are currently UNKNOWN to science and yet the tech is being rolled out , making money is more imporant then people's health i can guarantee you that.
This is genuinely interesting, I think this side of the 5G rollout should be discussed tbh.

A lot of technology these days is put into play a lot earlier than it should be. Too many unknowns to be 100% safe but the demand is too high to not roll it out

A lot of technology these days is put into play a lot earlier than it should be. Too many unknowns to be 100% safe but the demand is too high to not roll it out
exactly THIS my almond lemonade bro.
@Kurozumi Giggio @Cruxroux
haven't read the full conversation but 5G is definitely no conspiracy theory akin to Covid denial or reptiles running the world.
None of these new inventions -GMO food included- are properly researched, the long term effects are not known. And if certain circles know what's the deal they're going to treat it like asbestos, contraceptives etc.: make money until the harmful effects are inevitably coming to light.
A few years ago there was a citizen campaign in my region that attempted to get 5G banned in the region. Idk if they were successful.

haven't read the full conversation but 5G is definitely no conspiracy theory akin to Covid denial or reptiles running the world.
None of these new inventions -GMO food included- are properly researched, the long term effects are not known. And if certain circles know what's the deal they're going to treat it like asbestos, contraceptives etc.: make money until the harmful effects are inevitably coming to light.
A few years ago there was a citizen campaign in my region that attempted to get 5G banned in the region. Idk if they were successful.

Holy shit man, asbestos! That shit was used in every fucking house back in the day and now we have businesses dedicated to the removal of this shit. Same with lead being used in plumbing, hell even copper, we've moved to plastic piping but with all the shit around microplastics atm I doubt it'll be long before they cancel PVC piping too.

C

Cruxroux

5G can possibly be very dangerous , i'm a Electronics engineer working in 5G Network Rollout , and i can tell you this : long term effects of shooting 20Watts of power at 26 GHz of frequency ( standard 5G high density urban configuration) are currently UNKNOWN to science and yet the tech is being rolled out , making money is more imporant then people's health i can guarantee you that.
I understand your argument of 5g being dangerous but it's gonna more or less gonna get normalized like The carbon emission stuff. During the industrial revolution a few people were fully aware of what is coming to bite them back yet they did. Same goes for the 5g. There's literally no stopping 5G.
Post automatically merged:

Also i did read the whole conversation, i just quoted his first sentence with the question of the thread with sarcasm that's it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why wouldn’t they get divorced for fun? They been doing the on and off game since high school or middle school, once they finally “settle” in their mid to late 30s it is very hard for people who have gotten comfortable with the hook up and dating life not to feel tempted to leave as they have conditioned themselves to do by that point. Nothing to be surprised about there.
Yeah, anyone who never had any LTR by their 30s is probably gonna rush into a marriage and then fuck over their kids once they get bored and divorce or get caught cheating. There is no "switch" where you become monogamous once you hit 30, by that point you are too "damaged".

The entire concept is some weird post Industrial revolution idea, just like the Nuclear family. Both are like only 100 years old at most and are only popular in like 10% of the World(N america and North Europe)

Asian countries have couples

What do you mean

as does some african countries
In Asian countries have Extended families culture

And those who don't(Urban East Asia), are suffering from Birth rate decline. The Nuclear Family was always just a western fad that was only possible because of how The Economic situation used to be, a situation that's probably never gonna happen again, it's why Millennials in America are ignoring the stigma to stay with their parents as for many, it's that or being homeless

What happened, is that the world slowly got worse. Now the children suffer because of foolish adults. Especially men, if you are going to make a woman a mother, why not make her a wife? If you don't want to, then at least have the decency to raise your seed. Unless someone was raped I don't see the issue. People want to have sex without the consequences and that's clearly not the case, because the whole purpose of sex is for reproduction. So since children are going to be involved, get your house together first. I am a high school teacher and I see how these kids act. They are clearly upset at the situation they are in. You need two people to properly raise a child and that's a fact.

Interesting topic.
I'll talk from my "experience"
I've been married for 5 years.
With my wife from the start we had great connection. We had fun and we wanted to stay together the whole time. We dreamt to have a family and thank God we have 2 children.
When our first child born it got our whole attention. Little by little we lost our first love as a couple . But we didn't have a problem because the baby replaced our love. We couldn't imagine that something wrong will happen with us.
So..when our second baby born the real problems came up. I tried my best to work but that wasn't enough. My wife made complaints that she felt exhausted and lonely. I tried to convince her that this was temporary and the babies will grow up. We need more money so please have a parience bla bla. She tried he best but she couldn't calm herself. We had disagreements and huge arguments. But I didn't want to quit. I was seeing our children smile and I said to myself "Continue Novak"(that not my real name lmao). Sometimes I felt strong, some other times i felt weak and psychologically exhausted...
I asked myself why? Wasn't I trying my best? Wasn't I working hard? Wasn't I a good father? Wasn't I trying to stop the arguments and always first I said sorry? Where is my fault?
Believe it or not, this came to my mind. "Novak you don't love her the same as the first time you lived with her..." Propably you will laugh and you will tell that was obvious from the start you fool xD . Yes.. but for me wasn't that obvious because in my mind i strongly believed that I was giving my best!!! For 4 years i worked at nights and for some periods i worked double schedule. For what? For my duties as a father... Noo Novak...You don't have only duties as a father... You also have duties as a husband!!...
As a conclusion after this i changed my whole thinking and till now i am trying to be the same as the first time. We are better now. We still have our arguments but we are better now. I hope my simple "experience" will help. Pray for my family mates.:sweat:

Legalization of divorce(duhh),erosion of traditional family values,sexual liberation,feminism,laws that favor and instigate women to divorce and fuck up man legally.

What happened, is that the world slowly got worse. Now the children suffer because of foolish adults. Especially men, if you are going to make a woman a mother, why not make her a wife? If you don't want to, then at least have the decency to raise your seed. Unless someone was raped I don't see the issue. People want to have sex without the consequences and that's clearly not the case, because the whole purpose of sex is for reproduction. So since children are going to be involved, get your house together first. I am a high school teacher and I see how these kids act. They are clearly upset at the situation they are in. You need two people to properly raise a child and that's a fact.
The Children are the ones that suffer the most.

Would say no

Marriage was far more recent and was certainly was more cultural rather then biological from the seems of things
Google says that 2350bc is date of the first record archeology find and that marriage probably goes to back to wayyyyyyy back.Much older than that.

not sure monogamy was natural in the first place
depends on culture I guess.
it was and is for most cultures.

I don't see a point in marriage at all. I can't imagine myself tied to another person for a whole life. But as it is, Monogamy was never alive, and now family is not that needed anymore, people are more independent and have other priorities than getting an offspring.