Speculations Why did Kaido run away from God Valley

:neesama:

Random guess with little to no evidence but he ran away after either seeing Imu or the weapon that was going to be used to hide/destroy the island from the world

this is when he started realising the only way to survive was to become the strongest

Did he run…? :choppawhat:

I guess he was part of the Rocks Pirates back then, but I don’t remember much of the lore surrounding it because it rarely gets touched upon.

That’s at Marineford not Gad Valley bro
Sorry lol, my bad. I misread the entire thing.

No idea tbh.

e but he ran away after either seeing Imu or the weapon that was going to be used to hide/destroy the island from the world
Issue with this is that Big Mom was right behind Kaido when he was running off.

Presumably Roger and his crew, and Garp were also there. Fighting Rocks and his crew.
The nuke of the God Valley should've happened after Roger pirates and the marines escaped from there as well

My guess would be that this was towards the end where Rocks losing started becoming more and more clear, and Kaido ran off after seeing the monstrous haki at display there.
The fact that he holds Roger as the gold standard for haki kinda plays into this as well.

But yeah, very uncharacteristic of Kaido to run from anything, really hard to imagine why. Oda probably has something wild in store for us.

Cut him some slack.
He was a kid back then.
Also given how bigmam portrayed he survived because She gave him the fruit.
Bro was nearly in Kizaru vs Strawhats (Archaeology) situation.

Yeah, that's what i said
Both betrayed Xebec & then Kaidou at least ran away
He got what he wanted
I don’t think they both betrayed him. It was said that it was only after the battle occurred that Mom gave him the fruit in exchange for a life long debt

It is almost as if she gave him the fruit so he could escape like her

I don't think Kaido wanted to actually by a part of the rocks pirates, Rocks probably just kept beating him into submission until he joined.

:neesama:

Random guess with little to no evidence but he ran away after either seeing Imu or the weapon that was going to be used to hide/destroy the island from the world

this is when he started realising the only way to survive was to become the strongest
"But pirates betray..." hmm i dunno why he betrayed Rocks, could it be that he saw Roger > Rocks so he didnt wanna enter a fight he will lose?

I don't think Kaido wanted to actually by a part of the rocks pirates, Rocks probably just kept beating him into submission until he joined.
Do any of you people read this manga?

Kaido was a heavy hitter on the ROCKS crew, he was specifically sought out by Xebec who sent Whitebeard to ask him…

Lol at implying Kaido got bullied. I know his flashback sucked and his origins not explained well but he was obviously an unstoppable brute all his life.

He left the crew like everyone else because it wasn’t a crew to begin with and he thought he was Joyboy at one point lmao

Big mom and kaido both betrayed rocks. It obvious if you look into the story. Big mom betray Germa 66 and kaido betray orochi. Tell me why did kaido and big mom betrayed them if not both of them already betrayed someone and already used to it in the past?. It also implied

kaido also betrayed big mom. He got devil fruit from big mom and run a like a rat. Big mom then remind kaido of that betrayal saying kaido owe him a lifetime for that shit when both gonna allies each other. Big mom and kaido also wary of each other when big mom asked for poneglyph from kaido. Im pretty sure probably

all rocks pirate betrayed their captain when they see their captain lose to garp and Roger. After they saw their captain weakness. They all snitched on him. Taking his poneglyph of devil fruit of money and run away. That's how rocks pirate dissolve. Their captain lose so does their morale and run away to survive