Character Discussion Why did Oda make King so much better than Katakuri in every way?

Why did Oda make Katakuri garbage compared to King?

• Total voters

Lion of Olympus

The Prince of Power
It just seems so unfair to me. King is stronger, more competent, has a better design, and is a much more interesting character than Katakuri. Why did Oda decide to do this?

I honestly feel bad for Katakuri fans because he started off with so much hype only for him to turn into a gag character in the middle of his fight with Luffy.

What do you guys think about the way Oda is treating King compared to Katakuri?

As much as i hate it Oda gave Kata a lot more screen time and shine since Big Mom spent majority of that arc as a joke he became the final antagonist of the arc. He showed how fragile he is though once he started taking damage he barely lasted especially when you consider that like 80% of the fight he was the one dealing the damage to luffy without fs. Both queen and King are definitely stronger more durable but have been victims of sharing screen time with two yonkos plus Marco. Luffy and all his crew members the samurai there are so many more major characters stuffed in this arc that Oda hasn't been able to give them as much shine. We know that zoans are incredibly tough and durable especially ancient ones, both King and Queen have bounties far exceeding Katakuri so the hints are already there they are on a higher level. Queen took on attacks from a yonko and immediately brushed it off King without any hesitation kicked Big moms ship out of the water fall without the slightest fear, while Kata was shown cowering in WCI when Big mom had her hunger pangs called him a lowly son while she tried recruiting King even after what he did showing they are of different value. The guy is also a deadly master swordsman as he showed when he sliced Marco, so for now we will just have to be patient when the time comes they will both be much more impressive than Kata