Questions & Mysteries Why did Talk no Jutsu annoy you?

I had no issues with talk no jutsu whether it was with Zabusa, Neji, Sasuke, Granny Chiyo, Tsunade, Nagato, etc. The only scenario I had issue with talk no jutsu was with Obito.

Note, don't just say, "it was corny" that I don't care to read as that is subjective but instead give objective reasons why it annoyed you, for example "when talk no jutsu happened in this plotline it didn't have the proper development based off the outcomes blah blah blah..." something like that.

Last edited:

Light D Lamperouge

๐–‚๐–๐–†๐–™ ๐•ฎ๐–”๐–š๐–‘๐–‰ ๐•ณ๐–†๐–›๐–Š ๐•ญ๐–Š๐–Š๐–“
โ€Ž
I'd say mostly cuz it was too repetitive. Once or twice or maybe even thrice, aight. But when almost every villain is taken down like that it gets kinda boring.

Some are far too gone for a simple conversation to work as well imo. And it just ruins some of them.

Like Pain was amazing. Ruthless, merciless, a huge threat, slayed almost everyone in his path. Slaughtered mercilessly the man who took him in, raised him, gave him a place. Fought for his ideology and view. And then after a simple conversation just changed his mind and basically undid everything he had done. It removes the consequences and makes iconic moments cheaper imo. I just didn't like this change in Nagato. He was like Imma go sacrifice my life and goals and plans for some people I never met but had killed a bit ago. It just doesn't sit well with me.

I am also of the opinion that you sometimes should just have guys who will be bad to the end. And stick to their guns to the end.

You can't tell me you wouldn't have enjoyed Nagato not falling for the TnJ and him fighting Naruto and forcing Naruto to kill him in a clash of ideologies. It would have been pretty good for both of them imo.

That'd be sorta it for me I guess.

ZenZu

The only one who can beat me is me
โ€Ž
Scariest thing in Naruto's arsenal.

Imagine you're in the middle of a fight, and Naruto is done fighting. Its time to talk "me and you, we're the same." I would shit my pants there's absolutely no counter to this jutsu. I can dedicate my entire life to revenge, fully committed mass genocide, kill my former master who was saying the same thing, but soon as this 15 year old has a 5 min sitdown with me I have no choice but to end my life.

I'd put it up there with kotoamtsukami as the most hax ability, except in this case Naruto doesn't even have to wait 10 years for each subsequent use.

So the issue is it's far too broken and has unlimited uses, an MC should not have access to such hax casually. Overwhelming majority of the cast fell to it.

I dont see how people hate talk no jutsu
First of all, naruto defeated ALL of his opponents fair and square before talk no jutsu.
Second it just shows Narutos growth as person, not only becoming stronger but also becoming greater man/person every arc. Its beautiful to me
He has to defeat his enemys physically and their idelogy.

Seth

๐Š๐จ๐ค๐ฎ๐ญ๐จ ๐’๐ก๐ฎ๐ฌ๐ฎ๐ข
โ€Ž
I had no issues with talk no jutsu whether it was with Zabusa, Neji, Sasuke, Granny Chiyo, Tsunade, Nagato, etc. The only scenario I had issue with talk no jutsu was with Obito.

Note, don't just say, "it was corny" that I don't care to read as that is subjective but instead give objective reasons why it annoyed you, for example "when talk no jutsu happened in this plotline it didn't have the proper development based off the outcomes blah blah blah..." something like that.
Uh, I guess for me at the very least it is because for the most part, it is Naruto who could only achieve things thru talk no Jutsu but no one else. Throughout history, there were some pacts and etc... But never actual alliances and etc...

Sometimes people had to be offed to pay respect for another party that lost something due to XYZ party doing something.

Prior to Naruto people mostly spammed violence and achieved status or results through wars.

Minato for how cheerful and respectful guy he was, also knew there are things even he can't get people over with talking and he had to kill them or something while Naruto really only fought when there was no other way and he sometimes waited until the last fucking moment.

It wouldn't be that big of a problem if Naruto was presented to us as a pacifist MC who wants a seat in congress, not a guy who is for the most part emobidment of strength and power one village possesses ๐Ÿ’€

I'd say mostly cuz it was too repetitive. Once or twice or maybe even thrice, aight. But when almost every villain is taken down like that it gets kinda boring.

Some are far too gone for a simple conversation to work as well imo. And it just ruins some of them.

Like Pain was amazing. Ruthless, merciless, a huge threat, slayed almost everyone in his path. Slaughtered mercilessly the man who took him in, raised him, gave him a place. Fought for his ideology and view. And then after a simple conversation just changed his mind and basically undid everything he had done. It removes the consequences and makes iconic moments cheaper imo. I just didn't like this change in Nagato. He was like Imma go sacrifice my life and goals and plans for some people I never met but had killed a bit ago. It just doesn't sit well with me.

I am also of the opinion that you sometimes should just have guys who will be bad to the end. And stick to their guns to the end.

You can't tell me you wouldn't have enjoyed Nagato not falling for the TnJ and him fighting Naruto and forcing Naruto to kill him in a clash of ideologies. It would have been pretty good for both of them imo.

That'd be sorta it for me I guess.
Uh, I guess for me at the very least it is because for the most part, it is Naruto who could only achieve things thru talk no Jutsu but no one else. Throughout history, there were some pacts and etc... But never actual alliances and etc...

Sometimes people had to be offed to pay respect for another party that lost something due to XYZ party doing something.

Prior to Naruto people mostly spammed violence and achieved status or results through wars.

Minato for how cheerful and respectful guy he was, also knew there are things even he can't get people over with talking and he had to kill them or something while Naruto really only fought when there was no other way and he sometimes waited until the last fucking moment.

It wouldn't be that big of a problem if Naruto was presented to us as a pacifist MC who wants a seat in congress, not a guy who is for the most part emobidment of strength and power one village possesses ๐Ÿ’€
I probably should have added to my post, what do you consider the good talk no justsu and what do you consider bad talk no jutsu in Naruto.

Seth

โ€Ž
I probably should have added to my post, what do you consider the good talk no justsu and what do you consider bad talk no jutsu in Naruto.
I think my overall response would be similar but I do agree there were some good talk no jutsu moments.

But go back to my point about only Naruto being talk no jutsu expert. That is my main gripe or whatever the term for it is.

Seth

โ€Ž
Because it's too idealistic and cheap.
Talking someone out of or into something is not a big problem as long as the execution and delivery are on point and it doesn't make you feel robbed or question the weight of the argument/situation which was resolved by talking.

The main problem in Naruto is that Naruto himself was the only expert in this department, prior to that you had situations like people getting offed as means to apologize for some evil/bad deed u did to the other party.

Talking someone out of or into something is not a big problem as long as the execution and delivery are on point and it doesn't make you feel robbed or question the weight of the argument/situation which was resolved by talking.

The main problem in Naruto is that Naruto himself was the only expert in this department, prior to that you had situations like people getting offed as means to apologize for some evil/bad deed u did to the other party.
It rarely is executed brilliantly and in most cases it comes off as very convenient and a cheap way to advance the plot or get the MC out of impossible situations., case in point Naruto.

I could let it slide once, maybe twice if I'm generous, but it's trash story telling once it becomes the go to standard modus operandi for the MC.

P.S. I'll never get over the "Obito is the coolest guy" line from Naruto.

I specifically said in my thread not to post anything as subjectively vague as "too idealistic" and "cheap".
What can I say.:jordanmf:

๐Ÿ’€

That's literally "Are you having fun Kaido?" from One Piece.
What!? Are you for real!? The Luffy Kaido shit was annoying at worst, the Naruto shit was straight up doodoo.

The guy who was responsible for his parents deaths and countless other tragedies, the guy who practically fucked the shinobi world in the ass for close to a decade and a half is in the end the coolest guy to Naruto. There's no comparison here.

What can I say.:jordanmf:

What!? Are you for real!? The Luffy Kaido shit was annoying at worst, the Naruto shit was straight up doodoo.

The guy who was responsible for his parents deaths and countless other tragedies, the guy who practically fucked the shinobi world in the ass for close to a decade and a half is in the end the coolest guy to Naruto. There's no comparison here.
I agree Naruto coolest guy moment is worse however Luffy having fun moment isn't just "annoying". It was really bad. You are in a middle of a war against a dictator that caused massive suffering and yet Oda decided to make a childish walmart version DBZ Goku reference which throws away the seriousness of the situation.

I agree Naruto coolest guy moment is worse however Luffy having fun moment isn't just "annoying". It was really bad. You are in a middle of a war against a dictator that caused massive suffering and yet Oda decided to make a childish walmart version DBZ Goku reference which throws away the seriousness of the situation.
It was bad for me too but not that bad that it's completely intolerable. I can only describe it as annoying, especially once they kept repeating it for, I don't know, 2 or 3 weeks in a row.

Nikuzi

โš“๐’ซ๐’พ๐“‡๐’ถ๐“‰๐‘’ ๐’ฌ๐“Š๐‘’๐‘’๐“ƒ ๐’ฎ๐‘’๐“ƒ๐’ธ๐’ฝ๐‘œ๐“Šโš“
โ€Ž
I don't mind protagonists talking someone down or out of villainy, but it has to happen after the foe gets fucked up. If a fight doesn't happen prior with a clear winner then its lame.

Zolo

Cope Doctor
โ€Ž
It was theme back then to change people hearts throught talk no jutsus... GTO golden boy even fucking rapeman hentai had such theme... but there were more changing people by action and bot just pure talk... even naruto before pain did this better