Votes: 8 40.0%
  • True; he would've gone out a hero

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • False; Naruto's save made sense and wasn't just an asspull

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • False; I just wanted him alive & don't care how it happens

Votes: 3 15.0%

• Total voters
I think guy got put in a wheelchair after wards so at least there was a consequence lol
But yeah I think he should’ve died
Not like death would've had any emotional consequences at that point. Neji died, and 20 or so chapters later (which had to be like 1 h in-universe) Lee and Tenten were already joking again.

Though I do agree, Guy's 8th gate was the last time Naruto really gave me a sense of tension, epicness and heroism, would have been an amazing death for guy.

(Never mind that 8th gate stalemating Juubi jinchuuriki was complete powerlevel bs to begin with)

IMO, using 8 gates shouldn't make you die if your body is prepared or strengthened enough, by which Might Guy surpasses that requiesist and then some.
Your opinion doesn't matter, by opening the gate of "DEATH", the user dies. There has never been any exception made or even hinted at. It's expensing the body's final Chakra reserves.

Not like death would've had any emotional consequences at that point. Neji died, and 20 or so chapters later (which had to be like 1 h in-universe) Lee and Tenten were already joking again.

Though I do agree, Guy's 8th gate was the last time Naruto really gave me a sense of tension, epicness and heroism, would have been an amazing death for guy.

(Never mind that 8th gate stalemating Juubi jinchuuriki was complete powerlevel bs to begin with)

Your opinion doesn't matter, by opening the gate of "DEATH", the user dies. There has never been any exception made or even hinted at. It's expensing the body's final Chakra reserves.
Shit doesn't mean it has to be taken literally, Are you a dumbass?

I think guy got put in a wheelchair after wards so at least there was a consequence lol
But yeah I think he should’ve died
He’s permanently in a wheel chair now but yeah opening all the gates results in death, don’t remember how he survived but he cheated death. Should have spared Neji since I don’t remember his death impacting shit except for maybe Hinata, Lee, Tenten and Guy.
Yes, for every other character, a disintegrated leg/wheelchair would be a major consequence.
Just not for the Guy (pun intended) doing 500 laps on his hands before breakfast.

Also, is Hellsing worth starting?
Watch the abridged version. Was crying laughing

Naruto coudn't have people dying.

Neji died and some of us regret him.
Zabuza and Haki died and some of us regret them.
Jiraiya died and some of us regret him.

A non-charismatic old character dying ? Okay.
But someone young like Guy or Kakashi or Shikamaru ? No

Naruto coudn't have people dying.

Neji died and some of us regret him.
Zabuza and Haki died and some of us regret them.
Jiraiya died and some of us regret him.

A non-charismatic old character dying ? Okay.
But someone young like Guy or Kakashi or Shikamaru ? No
I think there was fundamentally no real reason to portray more deaths than the manga was demanding and this is overall what occurred.

The choice was good enough to me personally.