General & Others Why didn't you like WCI?

I've seen a lot of ppl saying that WCI is one of the worst arcs or even the worst arc post time skip so I want to hear why do you think so. Just post your thoughts in the comment section, and if you think that it's over-hated you can also post your arguments on why it isn't that bad.

Last edited:
There are two major reason for me to dislike WCI :
  1. Luffy beating 2 YC in same arc. If Oda really cared about character development and power progression. He should have let Sanji handle Cracker or even minister.
  2. Everything happened after fall of Wedding cake was crap...Arc Should have been wrapped after that

Like most timeskip it suffers from being too long for what it is. I liked the atmosphere and food themed island that was WCI, I liked Charlotte Family better than Beast Pirates, I liked how straw hats were useful without having straight 1 vs 1 (Brook was MVP) but it didn't need to be almost 80 chapters. Big Mom chase went for too long.

Not a great payoff when Sanji didn't prove that he was better than his family in strenght or ability.
Dislike Oda stupid reason for Sanji not hitting women.
The plot inconsistency were soo apparent that it was hard to ignore it. Especially Brulle and her mirror world

Peroroncino

🅷🅰🅻🅰 🅼🅰🅳🆁🅸🅳
It was a sanji centered arc what's there to like? Besides no Zoro and WEDDING CAKEEEEEEEEEE! Also Bobbin was a fucking disappointment,at least the anime gave us sanji passing out from one attack from sulong Pekoms.

WCI was your usual predicable arc of betrayal and betrayal and an alliance blah blah, somewhat make up with family. Over extended by 40 chapters. No Zoro. Huge list for this