General & Others Why do people actually rate Eggdhead?

Honestly quite baffled. The arc in a couple of chapters reaches the 60 chapter landmark.
Out of those 60, 10 were outside the arc itself and another 10 give or take were given to Kuma's flashback and his closure with the punch on Saturn.

Leaves us with 40 chapters with good sprinkle chapters here and there but as a whole nothing.
The art itself hit some new lows.
The SH once again even with a reduced cast at the beginning just took a chair on the backround and let the Nika show begin.
He is the only thing that matters nowadays.
In the land of future and Franky was seen fanboying to Vegapunk but did nothing in this arc outside of taking a VA out in the last chapters.
The rest of the SH outside of Luffy took a big backseat.

Hell Sanji's character took a hit when on one moment he wants to be Stussy's dog(Nice gag for me,it wasn't overblown with eyes blood and stufff) and in the other moment he shows no reaction to Lucci taking her out. Big+ to his witt to quickly take Kaku out there.

Zoro took out Lucci and that's it. That is what the SH did for 40 chapters.
Vegapunk the Big star of the arc was also the biggest dissapointment.
DF origin reveal turned into a two sentence conjecture.
Tech stuff? Only his gloves and the gravity boots that work on the Island only, along with punk records and clones.
The big reveal to the world? Good for the world of OP. For the readers not so much,especially for taking 5 chapters and when he can say something that it might interest the readers Oda cuts it. Beyond trash.
The only thing he really revealed basically is the semi DF stuff and the big energy source he seeks that will somehow miraculousely end the wars around the world,because eneergy is the only thing wars exist according to the greatest mind of humankind. Oh he also revealed the revival of another dead character...big props to Oda for bringing Saul back:seriously:

Lucci was a saving grace of the arc along with the Reveal of the Gorosei but their appearance brought forth another problem of the arc..

No matter how much people don't like it,this is a adventure battle shounen. Gorosei had some huge power reveal yet at the same time nerfed to oblivion for the characters to survive them. Just don't make them do this stuff in the first place if you are going to make them act stupidly.
Other characters also suffer from this holding back because apparently Oda doesn't want fights in this arc and it's only an escape arc but has dragged this shit too long.

All in all even though some highs of the arc are higher than others there too many lows. The arc simply cannot be that high in evalutation. 20 chapter Zou,revealed more stuff than this and that says a lot...

Last edited:
I tried to come back after the Wano disaster killed my enthusiasm for the manga and made me drop OP for months, and so far Egghead while still somewhat of an improvement over Wano for most of the arc didn't manage to restore my faith in Oda, and these last chapters are just reminding me of what made me hate WCI's second half and Oden's flashback and Onigashima battle in Wano with all that plot nonsense, ridiculous level of plot armor and lack of tension and real stakes, total absence of power consistency and Nika bs.

What do you mean ? You don't think it's good that the main villains of the story introduced over two decades ago are being clowned on by Nika this entire arc (while the rest of the SH are largely irrelevant), even when Nika is being chased by one of them it's all a big joke without any tension ? You don't like the fact that it was absolutely necessary to have multiple Vegapunk satellites ? You don't like the fact that outside characters are fighting the Marines and not the newly crowned Yonko crew that are supposed to be the main characters ? You don't prefer them whining and panicking for 40 chapters on Den Den mushis to each other instead of being part of this long ass arc ?

Seriously, the reason ppl are still reading is because of the amazing world building and finding out what the One Piece is, everything in between is mostly poorly done.
Better be prepared for the next chapters when Nika x2 starts turning the Gorosei into balloon animals while the rest of the SH react in awe.

How the fact that 20 chapters happened outside makes this arc bad? PostWater7 got hight ranking only because of events that happened outside. You can't just exclude some parts of the arc and pretend that it's not the part of arf itself.

Anyway, even with some really bad writening we got this:

1. Shanks vs Kid
2. Garp vs Aokiji
3. Law vs BB;
4. Flashback on Reverie;
5. Vegapank reveal and his death;
6. Message about world sinking;
7. Reveal of all 5 elders;
8. Pacifista really became Pacifista;
9. Kuma's flashback;
10. Luffy vs Kizaru and Lucci;

Overall this is great arc.