Character Discussion Why do people see any problem with Sanji and Pudding?

The people who push this conversation are fucking weird. Like jesus christ, its a manga for young kids, you're not supposed to think too much about it.
Sanji peeping on girls with his raid suit is arguably worse than him having feelings for a girl he was forced at gunpoint to marry.
Post automatically merged:

Ultimately, Sanji didn't take advantage of or abuse Pudding in any conceivable way. The person who was doing that was Linlin.

Because people live in real world and 16 is very young age for marriage its an underdeveloped girl. Moreover simping for 16 yo as 21 openly :mihugh:
Even oda used 17 as a proper age for someone to become a pirate...one of the reason was to end journey with luffy being a teen.
Anyway the answer is simple, we are modern society where we are trying g to enforce even marriageble age of girl to be min 30....And when a mainstream series tries to sexualize an underaged character or do what they did with sanji simping..it feels disgusting.
There is no need to defend age related stuff...there is nothing to defend..what people feel is genuine.....
I liked pudding and sanjis match.....but did not like the plot itself...and also the age just made me uncomfortable....I mean even oda had messed up order which made her much younger...and he tried to correct and made min 16....why 16 probably because of Japan's law. Though its still young regardless of law or not....he could have solved it by using appropriate ages....sexualizing 16 yo Rebecca itself was a big no for me....especially for the most popular kids show.

Y

YASER

When I first read whole cake island, I thought they looked cute together and it didn't even occur to me that some people would find pudding's age problematic. I was flabbergasted to see the comments of some people just because she is 16 and sanji 21.

Just look at Pudding:

Does that look like a child to you? She has the same exact character model as all adult females in the series... Sanji is turned on by all of the other girls but he is supposed to magically feel nothing towards her? Last time I checked, physical attraction is visual.

When Sanji saw her for the first time, he reacted like he usually does, of course he would be attracted to her.

I saw lots of people calling him a pedo.... Do these people even know the meaning of the word they're using? Pedos are into kids. They get turned on by the appearance of a prepubertal child's body. If they saw pudding, they would feel nothing. Meanwhile most normal men who are attracted to the appearance of a grown woman, would be attracted to pudding, because that's what her body looks like.

As far as personality wise, she was far from innocent. She allegedly seduced and tricked countless men and got them assassinated before Sanji. Are people forgetting those details? Not to mention that these people are also severely lacking in historical contextualisation. One piece is believed to be set between 1300's and 1500's. Age of consent wasn't even a thing at that time, if you looked grown up, you were seen and treated as an adult by society. Most were seen as adults at 14-15 ish. People were already working, fighting wars and getting married as teenagers in this historical period. Applying modern logic and morals to the past is ridiculous.

Also let's not forget that not every country is America, culture and laws are different everywhere. In the vast majority of the world, the age of consent varies from 14-16 as you can see:

In my country, guys in their early twenties dating older teen girls (16-17) is pretty normal. So I didn't bat an eye until I saw Americans going crazy over it.
:whitepress:

Love /=/ perviness

tho both can coexist and vice versa

aand regarding her age she would be considered matured enough for marriage in many countries

i don't wanna use the west's substrata (in comparison to the world) yardstick and use it to impose that minute gauge to the rest of the world.

people generalizing it are ignorant bozos

It's a weird cultural thing with Japan that just doesn't translate well with western audiences.

Remember when Oda accidentally made Pudding 15 and he caught a ton of shit for it, and he had to change it? 15 is a no no, but 16 was fine? Weird shit for sure.

Anyone that shits on Sanji for it needs to keep that same energy with Hancock

Where are the Pedocock memes?

Isn’t she twice Luffy’s age?

:kobeha: