General & Others Why does Ben Beckman hype exist?

To be precise, the smartest man in One Piece at the time the question was asked in SBS (around Arlong Park Arc if i'm not wrong)

That's why I carefully write one of the smartest person in One Piece (not the smartest person in One Piece) since I am fully aware that could be another person that is smarter than him in OP.
Nonetheless, he's still one of the smartest person in OP as what I've carefully mentioned above and it is pretty interesting since none or at least not many potential high tier level or above characters that was specifically and explicitly mentioned for their intelligence.

To be precise, the smartest man in One Piece at the time the question was asked in SBS (around Arlong Park Arc if i'm not wrong)

That's why I carefully write one of the smartest person in One Piece (not the smartest person in One Piece) since I am fully aware that could be another person that is smarter than him in OP.
Nonetheless, he's still one of the smartest person in OP as what I've carefully mentioned above and it is pretty interesting since none or at least not many potential high tier level or above characters that was specifically and explicitly mentioned for their intelligence.
I wonder if Vegapunk was planned at that point?

Or did Oda make him up way later?

Most likely the latter.

Well we know Shanks is weaker than Kaido and Big Mom because he has a lower bounty than them
Higher bounties because they've been Yonkos a lot longer. Doesn't automatically mean they're stronger or in a position where they'd be able to defeat Shanks 1v1. We don't know enough to come to that conclusion yet. Kaido says that Haki is why Roger was so strong and why he was able to become PK with no DF. Shanks doesn't have a DF it seems, so I would bet money that his Haki is so powerful that it was the reason he became a Yonko and also how he was able to stop Kaido from going to Marineford. His Haki could be so powerful that he could very well be the closest to Roger in strength. The Navy respects him, the Admirals fear him, Blackbeard feared him, and Kaido has put him in the same conversation as Rocks, Whitebeard, & Roger when reminiscing. Shanks has to be hax. I think being so young and being so close in bounty already with Kaido and BM is more of a testament to his strength as opposed to how much weaker he could be compared to them.

I think the strongest around might be Teach at this stage but I could be off road and maybe he will indeed need a third devil fruit to achieve supreme power
As said above I'm thinking Shanks has another level of Haki that puts him over the other 3 Yonkos, but I could be wrong.

Last edited: