Powers & Abilities Why doesn't Franky make use of sea stones in general Franky?

We saw Luffy and Vander decken use thier sf abilities while in the sea
But the ability wasn't used when the user was Submerged in water. Aoi Kiji can push his arm into water and use his powers.
If he fell into the sea he could not. Same thing for Vander if he fell into the water he could not activate his powers.

But the ability wasn't used when the user was Submerged in water. Aoi Kiji can push his arm into water and use his powers.
If he fell into the sea he could not. Same thing for Vander if he fell into the water he could not activate his powers.
In Arlong Park Luffy was at the bottom of the ocean, his head was stretched out so that he wouldn't drown

In Arlong Park Luffy was at the bottom of the ocean, his head was stretched out so that he wouldn't drown
He didn't activate the powers himself. His body is rubber and others helped stretch him. Luffy can't activate his powers on his own while submerged, like Oda said "When these people enter the water, not only can they not use their powers, they have trouble moving their bodies at all."

Same thing with Aoi Kiji in the Movie Z while he was in the bath his leg was missing he can't activate his powers. when he got out he grew a ice leg.

If Luffy has trouble moving his body how can he Hold on to the Log while submerged into water.

Last edited:
He didn't activate the powers himself. His body is rubber and others helped stretch him. Luffy can't activate his powers on his own while submerged, like Oda said "When these people enter the water, not only can they not use their powers, they have trouble moving their bodies at all."

Same thing with Aoi Kiji in the Movie Z while he was in the bath his leg was missing he can't activate his powers. when he got out he grew a ice leg.

If Luffy has trouble moving his body how can he Hold on to the Log while submerged into water.
Luffy sctreches his arm while in the ocean

Luffy sctreches his arm while in the ocean
Oda said in the SBS " When these people enter the water, not only can they not use their powers, they have trouble moving their bodies at all. They might be able to struggle a bit, but it wouldn't do much good. That's if their entire bodies are submerged in the "sea." With less than half the body or just the limbs, it gets easier. Also, rain and dripping water have no effect at all."

Luffy is inside the Bubble his whole body is not submerged so he can use his powers with just his limbs as Oda said in the SBS. We have also seen Aoi Kiji do this.

Last edited:
Oda said in the SBS " When these people enter the water, not only can they not use their powers, they have trouble moving their bodies at all. They might be able to struggle a bit, but it wouldn't do much good. That's if their entire bodies are submerged in the "sea." With less than half the body or just the limbs, it gets easier. Also, rain and dripping water have no effect at all."

Luffy is inside the Bubble his whole body is not submerged so he can use his powers with just his limbs as Oda said in the SBS. We have also seen Aoi Kiji do this.
I think about 300% of Luffy is in the water at this point, eve Robin does as well.

I think about 300% of Luffy is in the water at this point, eve Robin does as well.

LOL, that's still his Limb filled with Air. Robin is only using Limbs as well.

Well the best I can come up with is that it's a PIS moment. When Jinbei Shoots Luffy with a Log to the Admirals in a Stream.

Or we can come up with excuses.

So lets try coming up with excuses.

A. We can say that Luffy's will overcame his weakness.

B. We can say Holding a Log while submerged in Water for Devil fruit user is possible and isn't that hard. Even though Oda describes in the SBS as almost impossible.

C. We can say the "Sea" Oda describes in the SBS like rivers, pools, and baths etc all literary have to be standing water. So any moving water like Streams or geysers don't count. So Knock up Stream should not effect Devil fruit users.... LOL

D. I don't know I think its just PIS....

Last edited:
Using them as weapons would be very feasible. All he needs to do is to rely on shooting weapons or even armors capable to make contact with the devil fruit user.

We know that Franky is fighting Sasaki and he will defeat him for sure but doesn't Oda make Franky sea stones in his Gernal Franky form?
that would allow to defend himself against Sasaki more effectively. he would be able to use his enormous size against Franky if Franky was using sea stones. he would not able to use haki against Franky effectively either in that case.
It will be franky >>>> admirals

Seastone is going to be his upgrade in Wano
I'm curious to find out who he will match up of the Blackbeard Pirates. My most prominent bet is Avalo Pizarro, I wonder if he will ever eat a devil fruit or if perhaps he did and we did never acknowledge it yet.