Questions & Mysteries Why doesn't Moria have haki?

Last edited:
Dude pre ts haki was brougth up only in random instances so Oda can bring it up on its full scale in the story post ts.
that's not reason for a veteran pirate such moria not to have it.

Do you think post ts Croco cant use haki ?
Crocodile could always use haki. Who said he didn't have it?
We never saw Jinbe using haki pre ts yet its clear that he could use it.
of course jinbe canuse haki how do you think he was able to fight ace for five days?

Haki wasnt fleshed out pre ts thats the only an swear.
You mean that's the only answer we chose to accept.

Dude pre ts haki was brougth up only in random instances so Oda can bring it up on its full scale in the story post ts.

Do you think post ts Croco cant use haki ? We never saw Jinbe using haki pre ts yet its clear that he could use it. Haki wasnt fleshed out pre ts thats the only answear.
Moria is different than crocodile. He is the only pre timeskip character that is proven, he couldnt use haki. Couldnt harm luffy when he was inside the black box.
Crocodile didnt even have to use haki to harm luffy.

someone who could fight against Kaido and even if it was a little bit , must have haki. so basically he had haki pre TS as well but it was not mentioned just like other characters.
by the way you can count all people who used haki pre TS. but those who didn't use it were 99% lol so it is not just Moria

that's not reason for a veteran pirate such moria not to have it.

Crocodile could always use haki. Who said he didn't have it?
of course jinbe canuse haki how do you think he was able to fight ace for five days?

You mean that's the only answer we chose to accept.
Again, Haki wasnt fleshed out pre ts because Oda wanted Haki to be a thing post ts. Its not about accepting it or not its the truth.

He gave us some glimpses of Haki with Sentomaru,Boa,Ray etc and he choose haki to be the main thing post ts.

Did you see Sengoku using hardening against Luffy ? No.

Did you see WB/Admirals or pick whoever you want using coa/acoc? No.

His plan all along was after the war to have Ray teaching Luffy ( and us, the readers) what exactly is Haki and how you can utilize it in a fight.

pre TS aside from very few characters no one showed haki and by the way that was only mentioned in MF and the amazon lily.
so we can assume if we see him post TS fighting he will for sure have it. that applies for Crocodile and many others
Actually shanks sort of show haki on the sea king, Zoro use ryou unconsciously on Daz bones, he also use conquerors(ashura) on kaku, skypiea is known for using observation haki especially in enel's case and so forth. Also it was mentioned much earlier than those two arcs.

The only time he Attacked Luffy was when he was inside that Shadow Box, meaning that even if Moria used Haki, it wouldn't hit Luffy (Moria has Haki but not Internal Destruction)

Also he was struggling to control his New Form, which can also be used to justify why he wasnt able to use Haki if that was the case

Imo Pre-TS Villains will show Haki next time we see them, I won't be surprised if Crocodile have Future Sight and Moria have CoA as strong as Jinbe's

It wasn't flesh out but there was hints of it since chapter 1.

Um did you forget about skypiea or alabasta?
Thats exactly what i told you. Oda gave us a few glimpses of Haki and i told you about some of them, there is no need to write every single one.

Readers with zero comprehension are hard to deal with. You are free to believe that everyone used haki pre ts but Moria was the only one who couldnt, i wont bother anymore.

Actually shanks sort of show haki on the sea king, Zoro use ryou unconsciously on Daz bones, he also use conquerors(ashura) on kaku, skypiea is known for using observation haki especially in enel's case and so forth. Also it was mentioned much earlier than those two arcs.
i just said still it was not mentioned and we knew it only after we were introduced to Haki and still i just said you can count those who used attacks that could be explained as a use of haki but the other side is the majority what i am just saying that we cannot just count Moria.

Also he was struggling to control his New Form, which can also be used to justify why he wasnt able to use Haki if that was the case
But didn't moria already regained consciousness when he started to crush luffy inside the box?
Imo Pre-TS Villains will show Haki next time we see them, I won't be surprised if Crocodile have Future Sight and Moria have CoA as strong as Jinbe's
But that's just it they should already have these things from the beginning of the story unlike luffy,kid or law these guys are not simply rookies.
Post automatically merged:

Tashigi (postskip) and Boas sisters (came after Moria arc right?) have haki. Ofc the guy that rivaled Kaido at one point will have it too post skip
my point is he should already have it. I'm not questioning if he will get it but why hasn't he already have it?
Post automatically merged:

the other side is the majority what i am just saying that we cannot just count Moria.
And why not exactly?

Aside from the fact that it was not introduced back then
I think it's also because Kaido broke him
To the point that he doesn't even want to try anymore, he just gonna use zombie to deal with everything and be done with it
Same reason with Crocodile imo, he knew his strong ass logia fruit is enough to deal against scrubs in a desert country without much effort
So he just become a Mafia boss that use other people to deal with his lazy scheme to get the weapon that can give him an auto win against everything
they're both are like a retired old war veteran who just sit their ass lamenting their retirement

Haki is willpower manifestation, both of them at some point imo, knew what haki is and how to utilize it
but without any strong willpower, both of them lost their power to wield any haki

Aside from the fact that it was not introduced back then
I think it's also because Kaido broke him
To the point that he doesn't even want to try anymore, he just gonna use zombie to deal with everything and be done with it
Same reason with Crocodile imo, he knew his strong ass logia fruit is enough to deal against scrubs in a desert country without much effort
So he just become a Mafia boss that use other people to deal with his lazy scheme to get the weapon that can give him an auto win against everything
they're both are like a retired old war veteran who just sit their ass lamenting their retirement

Haki is willpower manifestation, both of them at some point imo, knew what haki is and how to utilize it
but without any strong willpower, both of them lost their power to wield any haki
I don't think moria's and crocodile's situation are the same other than them losing to one of the 4 emperors. Moria actually lost more in the fight against kaido than crocodile did for example his crew mates.