Why gt is a better sequel to dbz then dbs.

• It actually follows the end of the previous material like super just starts at some random point whilie gt takes place after goku completed his training with uub
  • It's far more consistent with prior material like super just ignores previously setup rules far more often eg vegetto having a time limit though gt does this too like with ozzaru vegeta not being able to control himself
  • The story does not ignore prior development of characters like vegeta likes kakarot and loves his family as was established in the buu saga
  • Powerscaling makes more sense like freeza despite getting stronger in gt did not get millions of times stronger like in super and it was not done in 3 months also the scene with cell and freeza really showed how far goku has progressed in power when even a weakened kid version facing off against amped versions of past foes can decimate them
  • Transformations were not weekly and the one that they had was not a color swap like super's 18 forms like even baby's ozzzaru form had a unique design
  • Villains are more interesting like baby wanting revenge for the saiyans killing his entire race is just more nuanced then super's morally grey villain who just hates all mortals because some alien cavemen were beating one another with clubs
  • Fights actually have plot like android 17 has a conflict with android 18 in the super 17 saga yet in the broly movie, There's fighting just for the sake of it like what reason does broly have to fight other then his evident blood lust
  • There's actually a good ending, We see goku die and get emotional moments with various characters like kulllin sparing with goku for the final time yet super just ends with vegeta sparing with goku just cause
  • Also new characters actually do things beyond their point of introduction like pan has been a major character in gt whilie new characters in super like broly,hit and yurin do next to nothing beyond their first scene
  • Goku despite being dumbed down due to being a child in gt is still far smarter then mentally handicapped super goku which is sad because gt goku is actually supposed to be seen as dumber when super goku is not
  • Flanderzation is just everywhere in super like goku is naive and a bit dumb in z yet super amps that character trait up to eleven and has that be his only character trait same goes with vegeta like sure he was arrogant and prideful but he traits beyond that like his clear care for his family

Honestly, this is a good take. I think GT did a lot of things better than Super.

I can enjoy both GT and Super personally. They are both far worse than Z but have their appeal in my eyes. Super gave us a good DB movie (DBS Broly), Nice action, and Black/Zamasu (I know not everyone likes them but I do personally.). GT gave us things like SSJ4, Baby, and some good fights too.

Now as to what one I think is better....that's hard for me to answer. I had a lot of nostalgia for GT because I watched it a lot growing up but Super is starting to grow on me. I liked the Goku Black arc, the T.O.P was fun to see, and the Granola arc is seeming to have some potential. I'd like for Super to properly end before I can decide a clear favorite.

Overall I still think the series should've ended in Z imo, the Cell Saga could've easily ended the series on a high note. Not that I hate the Buu Saga, it's just probably the lowest point of Z.

Honestly, this is a good take. I think GT did a lot of things better than Super.
Overall, I would say gt works better as a sequel though it's first arc has some issues but overall it's just what you would expect from dragon ball with big fight scenes and some goofy humor to match with super doing the same thing with the copy vegeta saga and so on

they are both far worse than Z but have their appeal in my eyes.

Yea oversaturation is really a issue with more long running series like dbz and naruto. Products often further and further deviate from what the original intention would be and that tends to alienate alot of fans though some will eat it up regardless of quality or respect for the source material but to be fair it's not many people who are like that with boruto and dbs fans often only ever seeing the newer anime.

Gt showed us some very cool things(ss4, cool character designs, cool villains-shin shenron who imo is by far the coolest dragonball villain ever) but it contained many(and i mean it) MANY awful things too( Kid goku, zero development for any character not named goku, atmosphere that didnt match to a dragonball series at all, bad fights, power inconsistencies, Piccolo's ridiculous death etc...). Dragonball super manga is better than gt in my opinion. The anime is really bad though but still slightly better than gt. Actually aside from the awful god tranformation super(the manga) is really underrated.

Overall, I would say gt works better as a sequel though it's first arc has some issues but overall it's just what you would expect from dragon ball with big fight scenes and some goofy humor to match with super doing the same thing with the copy vegeta saga and so on
Another really good take. GT plays off Z much better while still trying to do it's own thing. Super just kinda does it's own thing which causes a lot more inconsistencies.

MANY awful things too( Kid goku, zero development
At least, Vegeta retained the character arc that he had.
Gt is what happens when you stay consistent to power scaling, He was much stronger then everybody else as that's how things were setup and made prior with them having to nerf goku just so trunks and pan could do anything.
Super just has characters like 17 and krillin be god tier cause goku time was bad, You cant win as a writer really ether you piss off power scalers by having krillin do something major or you piss off casual db fans who are upset cause the z fighters didt do anything.

Dragonball super manga is better than gt in my opinion.
I dont read manga so maybe your right but as a anime only, I was only talking about the anime as of the broly movie as that was what was current at the moment of me writing this thread.
To sum it up, I dont care if you are right or not as my thread does not pertain to that material

GT has some good concepts. Of course both GT and Super are bad but concept wise GT is better.

Like I always said, abusing Dragon Balls should have an actual, real negative effect, instead of spamming revive after every arc without any real drawback whatsoever.

That should have been canon since Z.

SS4 is an actual transformation, best transformation be it Z or Super where they have just hair color changes. It's cool how SSJ4 adds their ape features to it's form, going back to their sayian roots.

Both however did Gohan horrible, wish he wasn't just mommy's boy after him supposedly taking over Goku's place in Cell saga, he was established as a character with the potential to be the strongest in the universe, being unique half sayian etc., all that decelopent from Z going to trashcan because mommy told him to be a good boy instead of saving the universe, can't get over that poot handling.

But back on point, just in terms of concepts I take GT over Super always.

GT plays off Z much better while still trying to do it's own thing. Super just kinda does it's own thing which causes a lot more inconsistencies.
Well Dbgt is a direct sequel whereas dbs is not. DBGT directly follows the ending of dbz and follows the active narrative at the time where dbs just does whatever really setting itself some vague time between the end of z and the end of the buu saga

Like I always said, abusing Dragon Balls should have an actual, real negative effect, instead of spamming revive after every arc without any real drawback whatsoever.
The concept was kinda overdone in gt with the black star dragon balls and the shadow dragons both representing that rough idea. With the shadow dragons being the more literal version as they were what elder kaioshin meant when warning about overusing the dragon balls.
Speaking of that, All dbgt villains all have some mention or foreshadowing to some sense which helps alot like you could presume that a vengeful tuffle could exist but you could never presume or infer the existence of somebody like beerus or zamas. They kinda just poof into existence without much reason at least within dbs

Both however did Gohan horrible, wish he wasn't just mommy's boy after him supposedly taking over Goku's place in Cell saga, he was established as a character with the potential to be the strongest in the universe,

He was never a fighter, Piccolo and gohan pretty much said as such.
It makes no sense why a boy who wishes to be scholar would go on the path of his old man and train to become the strongest when he never cared for that. DBGT actually did a fair bit with gohan with him fighting off general rildo and baby goten showing that he did get quite stronger

Let's not even talk about how there are so many universes that are unexplored at all.

In dbs, The universes are just universe 7 but with different characters.
They have all the same races,physics,powers and even planets. Both U11 and U7 and 6 have beerus's race as a example.

The otherworld tournament sold me better on that the galaxies were different places then super sold me that the different universes were unique places

The concept was kinda overdone in gt with the black star dragon balls and the shadow dragons both representing that rough idea. With the shadow dragons being the more literal version as they were what elder kaioshin meant when warning about overusing the dragon balls.
Speaking of that, All dbgt villains all have some mention or foreshadowing to some sense which helps alot like you could presume that a vengeful tuffle could exist but you could never presume or infer the existence of somebody like beerus or zamas. They kinda just poof into existence without much reason at least within dbs

He was never a fighter, Piccolo and gohan pretty much said as such.
It makes no sense why a boy who wishes to be scholar would go on the path of his old man and train to become the strongest when he never cared for that. DBGT actually did a fair bit with gohan with him fighting off general rildo and baby goten showing that he did get quite stronger
Because it's realistic. Or do both. If you would have the power to save a universe you would train to use it, or do both if you can. Priority. Not "I will listen to my Mom to study" literally Chichi was forcing that on him as a child lol.

He could have done them both see Buu saga.

"I will listen to my Mom to study" literally Chichi was forcing that on him as a child lol.

So piccolo and gohan were lying when saying that gohan was not a fighter?
I guess your right and the story is wrong afterall

And was goku and gohan lying when they said gohan wanted to be a scholar?
Why did gohan lie to piccolo about his goal when his mother was not around. Crazy idea but maybe the writers made gohan more interested in human life then the saiyan warrior life as it was a way to differ him to his old man but you know i'd rather it wrote like boruto where everyone is the same exact character a their parents as that's much better