Questions & Mysteries Why is it said that Sanji is the fastest and Zoro is slow?

Where are Sanjino's speed feats?

• Total voters
And what attack is queen doing here.
I made my point clear , they obviously know haki but none of their main attacks involved haki.
Basic haki is minimum requirement for New World.
You said they "might" have haki. For haki users, it makes no sense not to use it for physical attacks, also not coating your weapons can easily result in them breaking.

Zoro fans got it wrong

Zoro isn't slow, Sanji is simply much faster, thats all.
Zoro/Sanji fans didn't see it wrong, they don't think Zoro is slow.

The point of this thread's name (Zoro slow) is to
1. Steer people into thinking that the fandom's consensus is "Zoro slow"
2. Triggering people by enlarging the (speed) gap, notice the usage of superlative for Sanji (fastest), not "Sanji faster Zoro slower" which is more factual

This is not factual at all since you know, Sanji’s never fought people as fast as Zoro has

like every single arc Zoro fights faster people, and then every single arc he Speed blitzes these faster people… And yet Sanji is leg man so Sanji must be faster, despite only fighting slow people
Well, that doesn't change their character's intended purpose, one for strength one for speed. It's just one of many dichotomies about them.

one for strength one for speed.
Problem is that this headcanon

the one and only stated distinction between Sanji and Zoro was that Sanji had a CoO affiliation and Zoro had a CoA affiliation… Speed or strength or whatever has never been stated to be any kind of distinction between them

and also notice that the above statement regarding their “affiliations” doesn’t even mean one is better than the other at the thing since Luffy has a CoC affiliation yet his CoA and and his CoO are both MUCH BETTER than both Zoro and Sanji combined… So there’s actually also nothing saying Zoro doesn’t have better CoA and CoO than Sanji either since affiliation isn’t a scaling statement

this is entirely made up headcanon which no one in the 10 pages of this thread has managed to confirm is true.

if Oda really wanted to make a point regarding this, he wouldn’t have had Zoro constantly fight much faster people than Sanji ever fought

Problem is that this headcanon

the one and only stated distinction between Sanji and Zoro was that Sanji had a CoO affiliation and Zoro had a CoA affiliation… Speed or strength or whatever has never been stated to be any kind of distinction between them

and also notice that the above statement regarding their “affiliations” doesn’t even mean one is better than the other at the thing since Luffy has a CoC affiliation yet his CoA and and his CoO are both MUCH BETTER than both Zoro and Sanji combined… So there’s actually also nothing saying Zoro doesn’t have better CoA and CoO than Sanji either since affiliation isn’t a scaling statement

this is entirely made up headcanon which no one in the 10 pages of this thread has managed to confirm is true.

if Oda really wanted to make a point regarding this, he wouldn’t have had Zoro constantly fight much faster people than Sanji ever fought
This dichotomy only concerns both of them. It serves as their distinctive features, compared to one another. No other chars involved.

It is not headcanon because these things are written in their character and shown throughout the story.
For example:
- Zoro have cutting-type attacks and Sanji having blunt-type attacks
- Zoro being unfazed by women and Sanji being a simp for women
- Zoro's attacking role and Sanji's defending role
- Zoro getting a weapon (Enma) and Sanji getting an armor (Raid Suit), etc.

So in this context, if we accept Zoro as strength, which result in him being stronger than Sanji, then we must accept the opposite, Sanji as speed, which result in him being faster than Zoro.

This is reflected in one their core persona, dreams. Zoro is strength, so his dream is about power, WSS. Sanji is speed, so his dream is about mobility/place, All Blue.

This dichotomy only concerns both of them. It serves as their distinctive features, compared to one another. No other chars involved.

It is not headcanon because these things are written in their character and shown throughout the story.
For example:
- Zoro have cutting-type attacks and Sanji having blunt-type attacks
- Zoro being unfazed by women and Sanji being a simp for women
- Zoro's attacking role and Sanji's defending role
- Zoro getting a weapon (Enma) and Sanji getting an armor (Raid Suit), etc.

So in this context, if we accept Zoro as strength, which result in him being stronger than Sanji, then we must accept the opposite, Sanji as speed, which result in him being faster than Zoro.

This is reflected in one their core persona, dreams. Zoro is strength, so his dream is about power, WSS. Sanji is speed, so his dream is about mobility/place, All Blue.
You’re making all of that up buddy

Nope. We don’t accept shit my guy

the things you listed above have panels to prove them, except that Zoro attacking and Sanji defending thing… Zoro also has the better Defense feat when he blocked the combined attack of two emperors

everything else you said has panels to prove it. Zoro does in fact have panels showing he’s the cutting man. And Sanji does have panels showing he’s the kicking man.

unfortunately no panels regarding speed being a distinctions between them exists… Oda could have VERY EASILY made it a rule that All of Zoro’s opponents are proven to be slower than Sanji’s or Pda could have somehow made it that Speed wasn’t a fact in Zoro’s fights… But he did the opposite in both cases, not only is it demonstrated over and over that Zoro’s opponents are faster than Sanji’s, it’s also demonstrated that Zoro regularly SPEED BLITZES them as well

I can literally point to this very arc where Vegapunk is literally hyping up Awakened form Lucci’s speed like right now and yet again it’s Zoro that fights the fast guy, not Sanji

Nope. We don’t accept shit my guy

the things you listed above have panels to prove them, except that Zoro attacking and Sanji defending thing… Zoro also has the better Defense feat when he blocked the combined attack of two emperors

everything else you said has panels to prove it. Zoro does in fact have panels showing he’s the cutting man. And Sanji does have panels showing he’s the kicking man.

unfortunately no panels regarding speed being a distinctions between them exists… Oda could have VERY EASILY made it a rule that All of Zoro’s opponents are proven to be slower than Sanji’s or Pda could have somehow made it that Speed wasn’t a fact in Zoro’s fights… But he did the opposite in both cases, not only is it demonstrated over and over that Zoro’s opponents are faster than Sanji’s, it’s also demonstrated that Zoro regularly SPEED BLITZES them as well

I can literally point to this very arc where Vegapunk is literally hyping up Awakened form Lucci’s speed like right now and yet again it’s Zoro that fights the fast guy, not Sanji
> except that Zoro attacking and Sanji defending thing

Well, let's take Water 7. Sanji got a scene to save Robin. Zoro got a scene to nodiff a huge wave, a train, and T-bone.
Punk Hazard. Sanji in this arc is given the role to save Kinemon. Zoro in this arc is given the role to negdiff Monet.
Dressrosa, Sanji gets the scene saving the SH from Doffy. Zoro gets the scene of lowdiffing Pica.

> But he did the opposite in both cases

It's a thousand chapters in, you would have already understood how Oda's style for Zoro's combat scenes are.

Zoro won't have a problem if the enemy is slow/tough. So to create tension, he needs to struggle against the enemy. Thus King is made to be a speed type.

> not only is it demonstrated over and over that Zoro’s opponents are faster than Sanji’s,

This is the core of your problem.

Zoro = a
Zoro's opponent = x
Sanji = b
Sanji’s opponent = y

Just because x>y doesn't mean a>b.

> I can literally point to this very arc

Just like the thing I mentioned above, you're automatically assuming that Zoro's opponent speed = Sanji's speed.

You can see it another way, Zoro is able to blitz King. But this doesn't mean that Sanji is unable to blitz King.
Post automatically merged:

Low IQ one can not discriminate movement speed and attack speed
Zolo has only one and handsome Sanji has both :cheers:
Actually there is one more, in One Piece context, which is reaction speed.

This tied to CoO. CoO will be ineffective if your reaction speed is slower than enemy's attack/movement speed.

I guess my question is this can Zoro tag Sanji?

Do you guys think Sanji is so fast those slower then him can't even touch him, I'm asking to get a consensus on the gap

The reason some fans think Sanji is faster and Zoro is slow is because Sanji is a speed based fighter while Zoro is a strength based fighter.

Fans need to understand just because a character focuses on speed doesn't mean they don't have strength. Same as just because a character focuses on strength doesn't mean they don't have speed.

Zoro is faster. He has greater attack speed, reaction speed and combat speed. Sanji just have better mobility and he can maintain high speed much longer.

I guess my question is this can Zoro tag Sanji?

Do you guys think Sanji is so fast those slower then him can't even touch him, I'm asking to get a consensus on the gap
Yes, Zoro can hit Sanji. Queen tagged Sanji twice.

How can i take you seriously when we both know oda didn't give sanji the same feat zoro got in whiskey peak. From over 1000 chapters ago?
I didn't say he did
I am just saying going invisible to a relative slow fodder like Queen who quite literally failed to see Zoro's casual flying slash is not a feat
When Zoro also moved so fast Kaido couldn't see him is much much better feat as Zoro moved invisible to a future sight using opponent

Kaido using coo adv only in drunk session when he is really ” calm “ drunk yes but calm :kayneshrug:
Where is it stated that kaido using Future sight only in drunken mode?
If anyting being drunk reduces your CoO as CoO requires clarity of mind and mind is alot more clear when you are not drunk
He wouldn't have engaged Zoro the way he did if he knew the end result was going to be getting scarred.

This would make Zoro look infinitely worse, as it means Kaido engaged Asura on purpose.
That's like saying Kaido engaged all of Luffys attacks on purpose and Bajrang Gun on purpose

Last edited: