Future Events Why is it such a common opinion that Zoro takes the Nidai?

Whenever the topic of swords Zoro's taking out of Wano the Nidai is always brought up as though it's being built up this way. But other than it being the higher ranked Kitetsu, or Zoro having a balance in the ranks of his blades there's nothing supporting it. It has no plot significance at all in comparison to the Wado long term, Enma in Wano or even Shusui which we're coming back to when Zoro visit's Ryuma's grave.

The Nidai's meant to be stronger than the Sandai I guess but have there been any shortcomings the Sandai's faced that the Wado or another O Wazamono overcame? It's a cursed blade but in comparison to Enma's 'cursed' quality the Nidai won't be interesting at all. And if Oda tried to force a weird ability or quirk from the Nidai it'd be a way too contrived attempt at making it seem comparable to Enma.

Basically the Nidai's a nice bit of world building that expands upon and reminds us of the Kitetsu blades. But as far as Zoro moving through each one it's unnecessary, a vain attempt at a power-up for Zoro that he doesn't need. A power-up that would be hardly visible (if at all) compared to the strength Zoro gained from taming Enma.

If Zoro trades the Sandai in for a higher-ranked model it reduces the idea of a bond between blades we've been shown throughout the story and again recently in Ringo to garbage. If Oda has Zoro break the Sandai for any reason, it regresses Zoro's progress as a swordsman and brings him great shame just for a blade that Oda hasn't proved he gives a shit about.

Let me know your perspective if you want, thanks

Yeah, Nidai is basically just for world-building. Not every cursed Meito out there needs to be Zoro's.
If Zoro trades the Sandai in for a higher-ranked model it reduces the idea of a bond between blades we've been shown throughout the story and again recently in Ringo to garbage. If Oda has Zoro break the Sandai for any reason, it regresses Zoro's progress as a swordsman and brings him great shame just for a blade that Oda hasn't proved he gives a shit about.
Couldn't say it better myself.

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
Nidai Kitetsu hasn't played a part in nearly 100 chapters of Wano as of today, and its only ties to Zoro is that it's a "cursed blade." The Sandai Kitetsu has been with Zoro for over 20 years, and virtually all of his major battles. It has survived all of his fights on Onigashima, and there's no need for Zoro to replace it when all he needs is 3 swords. And Sandai Kitetsu hasn't failed him whatsoever.

I do think it's partly symmetry which motivates some fans to want the Nidai Kitetsu, but I don't think that's needed. Zoro's never had swords of all the same rank. There's also the belief that he will become stronger with a better sword, and while the Nidai Kitetsu is objectively better, a better sword isn't the only path to strength, particularly when Zoro's focus has primarily been on improving his haki and becoming one with his blades.

The Sandai Kitetsu is also the only sword that could be really called Zoro's. He purchased it just before setting out to the Grandline in Logue Town, the town of beginnings and endings. He is the first one to really make a name with the blade when previous users failed. It never belonged to a Ryuma, a Kuina, or an Oden. It begins and ends with Zoro.

It's meant to make Zoro stronger by this logic Zoro shouldn't have any meito's and just have regular swords since they are meant for world building. You don't introduce a legendary sword then just leave it otherwise explain enma which by all rights should have remained with oden's family yet Zoro still has it. Nidai is going to replace sandal simply because it's a stronger sword. Name once throughout the entire manga where a meito was introduced and just stayed? It's either going to go to Zoro or at least momo (copying Oden 2 swords) but not about to sit kitetsu's warehouse.

Also I'm still a fan of kitetsu smelting sandai and nidai together for zoro's own sword. Since Zoro never had his own sword and just inherited others swords.

Cuz Nidai is a upgrade of Sandai. His final Kitetsu sword would be Shodai so that he can completes the Kitetsu sets.
Idk this idea always felt too superficial to me. Zoro's spent years with the Sandai (decades for us) then gets the Nidai with justification even we can't come up with. Then spends a few months tops with the Nidai before moving to the Shodai? Will he turn them all into black blades first, or just the Shodai (if it isn't already black)?

I prefer taking Sandai from the dirt in the weakest sea to the top personally. He'll finally have a blade he made famous on his own that wasn't already in the hands of a legend he's constantly compared to like Ryuma or Oden. Though admittedly the Wado wasn't held by someone special if you don't count Kuina.

Idk this idea always felt too superficial to me. Zoro's spent years with the Sandai (decades for us) then gets the Nidai with justification even we can't come up with. Then spends a few months tops with the Nidai before moving to the Shodai? Will he turn them all into black blades first, or just the Shodai (if it isn't already black)?

I prefer taking Sandai from the dirt in the weakest sea to the top personally. He'll finally have a blade he made famous on his own that wasn't already in the hands of a legend he's constantly compared to like Ryuma or Oden. Though admittedly the Wado wasn't held by someone special if you don't count Kuina.
Zoro can always ask Tenguyama to forge both Nidai and Sandai together. So that the swords won't lose its properties.

Name once throughout the entire manga where a meito was introduced and just stayed?
I can't but I also can't name any where two meito are introduced and one is given way more screen time and importance while the other is never built on. Also can't name a time where we were in Wano, the land of samurai and katana. Chances are we'd find more blades here, in fact I'm kind of disappointed we haven't seen more. Oda likely took this chance to progress the Kitetsu plot here, just adds more depth to Wano and it's very easy to do here of all places.

Sandai and Wado are the 2 most iconic meito that's been with Zoro since forever. It's different with Shusui, which belongs to Wano as its national treasure and was mastered already by Ryumaa. So it's fitting that Zoro masters the 2 swords that's been with him the longest, along side Enma. If for some reason, Zoro TRADES Sandai for Nidai, it's gonna be a complete downfall of the character and I'd probably drop all the respect for Zoro.
I'd accept Nidai if Sandai were to break in the King's fight, but it's obviously not the case, especially since King even had a sword-breaker. And Zoro infused all 3 of his swords with COC. So it's pretty obvious that Oda wanted Sandai to stay.

Sandai and Wado are the 2 most iconic meito that's been with Zoro since forever. It's different with Shusui, which belongs to Wano as its national treasure and was mastered already by Ryumaa. So it's fitting that Zoro masters the 2 swords that's been with him the longest, along side Enma. If for some reason, Zoro TRADES Sandai for Nidai, it's gonna be a complete downfall of the character and I'd probably drop all the respect for Zoro.
I'd accept Nidai if Sandai were to break in the King's fight, but it's obviously not the case, especially since King even had a sword-breaker. And Zoro infused all 3 of his swords with COC. So it's pretty obvious that Oda wanted Sandai to stay.
Zoro can always trade Enma for Nidai.I think Enma served its purpose already,Oda introduced it to pull out Zoro's COC.