Current Events Why is it that X Tobi Roppo gets called the weakest whenever a SH beats them?

again, if Oda wanted Jinbe as established in the new monster trio Jinbe would’ve fought Jack rather than Whos who.

Whos who is of the same tier as Robin and Frankys opponents, and although Jinbe beat his opponent easier, I do think the fact that they fought the same tier of opponents shows Jinbe is closer to Robin and franky.
Oda went the extra mile to hype up WsW, unlike Sasaki and Black Maria. Even calling him a combat genius, likened to Rob Lucci. Then he had Jinbei easily deal with him, with much less difficulty than Franky and Robin had.

Jinbei has already proven his strength throughout the series. The fact that WsW could stand up to him for as long as he did is a testament to WsW's strength, and not a knock on Jinbeis.

again, if Oda wanted Jinbe as established in the new monster trio Jinbe would’ve fought Jack rather than Whos who.

Whos who is of the same tier as Robin and Frankys opponents, and although Jinbe beat his opponent easier, I do think the fact that they fought the same tier of opponents shows Jinbe is closer to Robin and franky.
Your arguments makes no sense, difficulty is not irrelevant (which you ultimately claim it is) and past feats and portrayal do not magically get erased by one fight. That´s the kind of arguments time and time again were proven wrong.

People in FI claimed Jinbe is G2/G3 Luffy lvl because he exchanged two attacks with him, then they claimed Sanji and Jinbe are equal because they fought the same opponent together, Meanwhile in WCI Jinbe was tossing around with Big Mom whereas Sanji was getting kicked around by Daifuku and Yuen.
Ultimately portrayal and feats are the most important, but are the thing disregarded for the most part, and instead people are looking for hidden layers.
WW was by far the strongest F6, and he got tossed aside like trash and completely humiliated in a way we have not seen since Luffy vs Hody on land.

Having said that, to claim portraying power level is the only reason behind match-ups is also far-fetched at the least.
Jack is literally the guy the minks have a vendetta to fulfill, just like Perospero is someone definitely a character close to Pedro has to beat, and lookie there, it´s the two mink leaders.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Jack is literally the guy the minks have a vendetta to fulfill, just like Perospero is someone definitely a character close to Pedro has to beat, and lookie there, it´s the two mink leaders.
i still think jinbe's gonna have a go at jack after jack skewers inu so that oda gets to further lay emphasis on how jinbe is stronger than the other mid tier strawhats.

he is too established and strong to belong in the same tier as robin, franky and brook.
Post automatically merged:

really interested to see where jinbe finally ends up in the crew in terms of the dynamics in the strawhats as well.

i still think jinbe's gonna have a go at jack after jack skewers inu so that oda gets to further lay emphasis on how jinbe is stronger than the other mid tier strawhats.

he is too established and strong to belong in the same tier as robin, franky and brook.

really interested to see where jinbe finally ends up in the crew in terms of the dynamics in the strawhats as well.
I don´t think it needs to happen because the minks should trump the narrative necessity to be honest, and i see no reason to assume Jinbe is close to the mid trio, or that Oda needs to prove that.
Putting feats aside, i think guys like Kid and Law shitting themselves over the fact that Jinbe would join Strawhats already underlines a lot.

I think the Strawhats will confront Big Mom, i think there is too much history between the Strawhats and her for them to leave it to Kid and Law.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
the minks should trump the narrative necessity to be honest
i honestly think the anime forshadowed the deaths of some of the scabbards - inu, kinemon, kiku and ashura doji.

notice how only kiku, inu and ashura doji respond to kinemon once he tells that he is going to die in the battle? atleast in the manga, the earlier speech bubble (which talks about channeling out luck being a comrade in arms) was left kind of ambiguous. the anime made it really clear when the va of inu delivered that dialogue.

out of the 4 - ashura, kiku and kinemon are already down and i pray that oda doesnt pull a pell situation with these characters. this is why i think inu is going to die as well.

if inu dies, someone has to take over and finish jack. i see jinbe as the perfect candidate to do so.

Why didn't Franky fight Trebol? Why didn't Robin fight Diamante with this move?

Jack > Who's Who is pure fucking headcanon. It's like saying Izo > Blackbeard, because Blackbeard had a lower rank. Or Hawkins < Black Maria because she's a Tobi Roppo but he's just a headliner.

Yeah, the guy who stopped Akainu and fought with Big Mom on multiple occasions is closer to Franky and Robin who don't even have basic Haki.

No I mean there is no sign of them using it all. WW, P1, and Ulti at least demonstrated they can use it.
Franky not using haki had nothing to do with him being almost equal to Jinbe. Friendly reminder that Pre TS Straw hats beat Cp9 who could use haki at that time.

Sasaki was called the weakest after Franky beat him, and now Black Maria is being called the weakest after Robin beat her. If Brook vs WsW somehow happens, can we expect to read WsW being called the weakest because he lost to Brook?
Because after 24 some people still struggle to understand that the SHs are the main cast and the story is about them progressing and defeating enemies

I don´t think it needs to happen because the minks should trump the narrative necessity to be honest, and i see no reason to assume Jinbe is close to the mid trio, or that Oda needs to prove that.
Putting feats aside, i think guys like Kid and Law shitting themselves over the fact that Jinbe would join Strawhats already underlines a lot.

I think the Strawhats will confront Big Mom, i think there is too much history between the Strawhats and her for them to leave it to Kid and Law.
Yes

Yes jinbe vs Jack cements his place among top 3 commanders/players in SHs.
It will be like other yonko crews where there is captain and then their top commanders.
For SHs it will:
Luffy: Zoro---> Sanji---->Jinbe then the mid trio and then the weakling trio.
Ofc its assuming yamato doesnt join. If she joins then it makes top 4 commanders.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Sasaki was called the weakest after Franky beat him, and now Black Maria is being called the weakest after Robin beat her. If Brook vs WsW somehow happens, can we expect to read WsW being called the weakest because he lost to Brook?
It depends on the difficulties, whom beats whom and why.

It's a very complex matter to discern sometimes. Some users just happen to be too shallow in their reasoning process.

so you're telling me that franky would be able to tank cognac from big mom? without armament haki? and still live to see another day? or franky will be able to block akainu's magma fist?

:kaidowhat:
Not everything is about tanking in a fight. Dodging, blocking, reducing it's damage. FYI Big Mom and a Number tagged Franky.

ConquistadoR

The Rogue Prince
Yes. Franky definitely will.
lmfao general franky with all its defences got destroyed by sasaki and yall are pretending as if its gonna last even a minute against a yonko or an admiral. i love franky but jinbe absolutely shits on him in battle.

Not everything is about tanking in a fight. Dodging, blocking, reducing it's damage. FYI Big Mom and a Number tagged Franky.
where did big mom and a number ever tag franky? panels pls.
franky was prepping a radical beam for big mom which he then launched at the number, one shotting it. big mom came forward to hit franky while she got clowned on for a gag moment by jinbe and robin.

Vivre Card confirmed that CP9 could use haki pre Timeskip.
show the vivre cards. they only confirmed that they could use haki. never said they were able to use it pretimeskip. and we know for a fact that they never used it in the actual battle else the arc wouldve gone differently.

fact is jinbe has been portrayed and shown more closer to the M3 than the mid tier strawhats - accompanied luffy to the rooftop alongside sanji. jinbe took charge of clearing the enemies in the floor where who's who is while sanji similarily dealt/got caught due to PIS in another tobi roppo's lair. while zoro made his way up through marco, its pretty obvious that jinbe was shown similar to sanji until the matchups with sanji even commenting on it lol.