Speculations Why is Shanks so **** Mysterious??

Yoho

โœŒ๐“ฃ๐“ฑ๐“ฎ ๐“ข๐“ฒ๐“ถ๐“น๐“ต๐“ฒ๐“ฌ๐“ฒ๐“ฝ๐”‚ ๐“ธ๐“ฏ ๐“›๐“ฒ๐“ฏ๐“ฎโœŒ
โ€Ž
๐Ÿค”is he really all that mysterious we know more about him than we do half the strawhats

We know he's from the West Blue, more specifically God Valley

We know he was found by the Roger Pirates after the events of God Valley

We know he has some kind of connection that gives him some pull with the gorosei

Some theorize it's because Garling is his father, (I don't agree with that but it's a possibility)

We know he fought blackbeard at some point and was left with his signature scar

We know he had daily duels with Mihawk

We know he's currently keeping tabs on black beard and they'll likely clash at some point

We know quite a bit about him

To make people more curious, just like you.

I don't think Oda will make some plot twists with him so he should fall as some sort of "guardian of the balance" for OP world and that is why he is trying to keep BB in check (he could and should have killed him back at Marineford, doubt Oda can correct that plot hole decently), he has knowledge due to Roger telling him about what he found in Raftel and so what Shanks must do as his inheritor (he was given the straw hat) after Roger died (this is a big speculation), aka wait for the chosen one (Luffy, who Shanks gave the hat) and try to hinder the successor of Xebec (or whatever Shanks saw in BB despite wanting to follow the will of Xebec).

Ducking every yonko and top tier
Misinformation :kriwhat:

He literally went to WB ship, Intercepted Kaido and made him run back home, Stopped the mf war and was ready to throw down with anyone there...

BB is being protected by oda rn lol. Until BB amasses enough power to actually beat shanks, oda is not gonna let them meet. And even then, BB will win only because of dirty tricks and shit.

:endthis:

The man is not "mysterious" to me. Literally all he is when you peel back what we know is a depressed alcoholic coasting through life until shit happens.

From the looks of it Roger literally just told him this:

In the sense that NO, he ain't gonna follow in Rogers footsteps. Shanks ain't Joyboy. He ain't Nika.

Just like Roger wasn't either.

Shanks got told by Roger that his goal in life was to be a glorified Uber driver who should fetch the right fruit, for the right kind of crazy kid that could, perhaps, one day be Nika.

Shanks has been drinking himself to sleep ever since to cope with the fact thats all he will ever be.

How do we know that? Shanks stole the fruit, had the fruit, presumable KNEW what the fruit did and still didn't eat it himself. Why?

Either because he was literally on the lookout for Ace and Roger told him to give it to his son, or even SHANKS knew he wasn't HIM and thus unworthy of the fruit and role it would give him and instead chose to carry it around till he found somebody worthy.

To be frank, either ways its legit crazy ever since Oda retconed Luffys fruit to always having been the Nika fruit (and make no mistake thats what DID happen) that Shanks ever left Luffy without training him/didn't let him join his crew. Unless Oda canonizes plot Armour/destiny protection as an active ability of the fruit which Shanks knew it could do?

Luffy could have died like at least 20 different times due to Shanks leaving him without training and or supervision Pre-Skip alone.

Instead he parties, occasionally beats up some fodder, and has spent the last few years going "damn, somebody should REALLY take care of Blackbeard... not me though!" and thats it!

Like legit, to all people that think this man is the god king why didn't he just kill Teach already? Shanks had the speed and element of surprise on Marineford to blitz Akainu and save Koby but couldn't kill the guy he has been warning Whitebeard, Ace, and the Gorosei about? Hell why does he not show up to Teaches base RIGHT NOW for that matter? Literally everbody should know where he is at!

If Mihawk was doing that kind of shit? Going around warning other swordsmen about some guy that has been arguably not even a Top Tier until a few months ago in-universe? And how somebody should really take care of him? He would be clowned into oblivion.

But with Shanks? Nah, he has his "reasons" for dodging fights/doing jack shit for most if not all of his career!

Yeah right!

:milaugh:

Last edited:
The man is not "mysterious" to me. Literally all he is when you peel back what we know is a depressed alcoholic coasting through life until shit happens.

From the looks of it Roger literally just told him this:

In the sense that NO, he ain't gonna follow in Rogers footsteps. Shanks ain't Joyboy. He ain't Nika.

Just like Roger wasn't either.

Shanks got told by Roger that his goal in life was to be a glorified Uber driver who should fetch the right fruit, for the right kind of crazy kid that could, perhaps, one day be Nika.

Shanks has been drinking himself to sleep ever since to cope with the fact thats all he will ever be.

How do we know that? Shanks stole the fruit, had the fruit, presumable KNEW what the fruit did. and still didn't eat it himself. Why?

Either because he was literally on the lookout for Ace and Roger told him to give it to his son, or even SHANKS knew he wasn't HIM and thus unworthy of the fruit and role it would give him and instead chose to carry it around till he found somebody worthy.

To be frank, either ways its legit crazy ever since Oda retconed Luffys fruit to always having been the Nika fruit 8and make no mistake thats what DID happen) that Shanks ever left Luffy without training him/didn't let him join his crew. Unless Oda canonizes plot Armour/destiny protection as an active ability of the fruit which Shanks knew it could do?

Luffy could have died like at least 20 different times due to Shanks leaving him without training and or supervision Pre-Skip alone.

Instead he parties, occasionally beats up some fodder, and has spent the last few years going "damn, somebody should REALLY take care of Blackbeard... not me though!" and thats it!

Like legit, to all people that think this man is the god king why didn't he just kill Teach already? Shanks had the speed and element of surprise on Marineford to blitz Akainu and save Koby but couldn't kill the guy he has been warning Whitebeard, Ace, and the Gorosei about? Hell why does he not show up to Teaches base RIGHT NOW for that matter? Literally everbody should know where he is at!

If Mihawk was doing that kind of shit? Going around warning other swordsmen about some guy that has been arguably not even a Top Tier until a few months ago in-universe? And how somebody should really take care of him? He would be clowned into oblivion.

But with Shanks? Nah, he has his "reasons" for dodging fights/doign jack shit for most if not all of his career!

Yeah right!

:milaugh:
Bro cooked the entire Shanks fanbase. :crazwhat:

It looks like he typed a million words to say nothing at all tho
Ah sorry, forgot that most of the people on here are illiterate and anything beyond a paragraph looks like a novel to you all.

Let me help you out and break it down REAL simple for you and all the others that got the attention span of a goldfish!

Shanks is a glorified delivery driver and alcoholic.

He is more so a personified plot device than an actual character if we want to be real.

He ain't that deep, and there is nothing โ€œmysteriousโ€ about him.

There, my response above summed up in three sentences. Even made the text nice and large so its easier to understand!

Ah sorry, forgot that most of the people on here are illiterate and anything beyond a paragraph looks like a novel to you all.

Let me help you out and break it down REAL simple for you and all the others that got the attention span of a goldfish!

Shanks is a glorified delivery driver and alcoholic.

He is more so a personified plot device than an actual character if we want to be real.

He ain't that deep, and there is nothing โ€œmysteriousโ€ about him.

There, my response above summed up in three sentences. Even made the text nice and large so its easier to understand!
Illiterate people tend to make emotional rhetoric and you seem to do a lot of that. They also tend to confuse the simple with the complex. Shanks is a complex character.

In terms of writing, you make sentence fragments and run-ons. You also use colorful language, and emotional rhetoric. It would benefit you to be concise and less emotionally intense.

Last edited:
Illiterate people tend to make emotional rhetoric and you seem to do a lot of that. They also tend to confuse the simple with the complex. Shanks is a complex character.

You're not good at using reasoning skills, and it shows.
Bro, you made this thread asking me "Wtf is this dude really doing?" and I pretty much said "NOTHING" and that he ain't "mysterious" at all and the first thing you do is shit on my awnser. Be happy I bothered to write anything at all instead of the usual dogshit:

"He a RAT is what he is haha!"

Beyond all slander, Shanks is a stereotypical mentor figure for Luffy that jump started the journey whom Oda rewards a moment of hype every five years or so to even remind people โ€œyeah, he exists, member this guy?โ€ and nothing more.

Shanks ain't that deep of a character okay? He HAS no mystery attached to him. Don't like that answer? That is not my problem.

Shank belong to Figarland family , he is son of Garling .

Oda loves to play games with Shanks to think he is not a good person and he is buddy up with Gorosei . Overall it goes to show he is shady and dark thatโ€™s how he is being portrayed .

what I think :

Shanks has been planning up big , he intentionally didnโ€™t enter PK race up until Kaido was done . He doesnโ€™t play nice and considers Luffy as his rival . We have no idea what is his end goal but I think it will end up having huge clash against Strawhats . They will have final fight before laugh tale and Luffy will surpass him most likely .