General & Others Why is Zoro so popular?

it is because he is character made for kid(age 10-17) while Sanji as stated by oda is made for mature op audience. We all know the age 10-17 is what makes up largest part of op audience. so your answer
Funny because in the latest popularity poll based on age showed zoro is way above sanji.

The fight was clearly between luffy and zoro. And guess what mature women like zoro and luffy more than sanji.

How ? :zorothink:

It's okay, here is the link :
https://thelibraryofohara.com/2020/01/12/one-piece-magazine-volume-8-demographic-popularity-poll/

Funny because in the latest popularity poll based on age showed zoro is way above sanji.

The fight was clearly between luffy and zoro. And guess what mature women like zoro and luffy more than sanji.

How ? :zorothink:

It's okay, here is the link :
https://thelibraryofohara.com/2020/01/12/one-piece-magazine-volume-8-demographic-popularity-poll/
40~49 maybe don't make up even 10% of op fanbase. And I never said males don't like zoro. All I said overwhelming majority of kids like zoro because he's made for such audience while Sanji is made for mature audience which is STATED by oda

Why I like Zoro as a character :

1. Loyalty - The moment he chose to give up his life for Luffy’s in Thriller Bark was the moment I knew this man is a ride or die Nakama. There’s no doubt in my mind that he’d do anything for the sake of his captain even if it means he ends up dying.

2. He’s Real - When Usopp left the crew and Sanji left the crew everyone was thinking with their emotions except for Zoro he was the only one who could see the bigger picture and he was brutal in his honesty when it came to those 2 situations.

3. He’s ambitious - His goal is one that everyone in the One Piece world would look at and laugh because it’s almost an impossible achievement but Zoro doesn’t care he made a promise to his dead friend and he’d rather die then break that promise.

4. He’s fearless - Zoro would cut off his own legs with no fear, He’d sacrifice his life for Luffy’s with no fear, He’d turn around and look a top tier in the eye and ask for a death sentence then say scars on the back are a swordsman shame.

5. He’s a badass - This ones self explanatory the guy has the best one liners in one piece. For example after the Kuma Sacrifice

Sanji : What happened
Zoro : Nothing happened (whilst standing in a pool of his own blood)

There’s more that I could add but you get what I mean.

40~49 maybe don't make up even 10% of op fanbase. And I never said males don't like zoro. All I said overwhelming majority of kids like zoro because he's made for such audience while Sanji is made for mature audience which is STATED by oda
Stated by Oda ? Where ? And if it's the case he is not doing a great job because in the reality mature people like the others more than sanji.
You are just saying kid prefers zoro and mature people prefer sanji which is not the case as i said. You can even make a poll here based on age, you will see.
Check the poll, there is from 9 years to +60 years old, you have your answer and oda too if he really said that.
Sanji never crossed luffy or zoro. Most of times, even ace and law have more votes.

So it's just that zoro is better than most of OP characters, simple.

Why I like Zoro as a character :

1. Loyalty - The moment he chose to give up his life for Luffy’s in Thriller Bark was the moment I knew this man is a ride or die Nakama. There’s no doubt in my mind that he’d do anything for the sake of his captain even if it means he ends up dying.

2. He’s Real - When Usopp left the crew and Sanji left the crew everyone was thinking with their emotions except for Zoro he was the only one who could see the bigger picture and he was brutal in his honesty when it came to those 2 situations.

3. He’s ambitious - His goal is one that everyone in the One Piece world would look at and laugh because it’s almost an impossible achievement but Zoro doesn’t care he made a promise to his dead friend and he’d rather die then break that promise.

4. He’s fearless - Zoro would cut off his own legs with no fear, He’d sacrifice his life for Luffy’s with no fear, He’d turn around and look a top tier in the eye and ask for a death sentence then say scars on the back are a swordsman shame.

5. He’s a badass - This ones self explanatory the guy has the best one liners in one piece. For example after the Kuma Sacrifice

Sanji : What happened
Zoro : Nothing happened (whilst standing in a pool of his own blood)

There’s more that I could add but you get what I mean.
^Also this, sums it up well. His one New World trait that has stood out to me as well is his perceptiveness to be calm and analyze every situation and to know when people are lying. Like when he knew Kiku was a skilled swordsman

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
it is because he is character made for kid(age 10-17) while Sanji as stated by oda is made for mature op audience. We all know the age 10-17 is what makes up largest part of op audience. so your answer
1. Provide a source for these claims you're making. One Piece in general is aimed at a male teen audience, and that's the most that's been said.
2. A demo research was done a couple years ago in japan, showing the large majority of One Piece's readership there are older individuals.

1. Provide a source for these claims you're making. One Piece in general is aimed at a male teen audience, and that's the most that's been said.
2. A demo research was done a couple years ago in japan, showing the large majority of One Piece's readership there are older individuals.

I can see that. One Piece is more than two decades old, probably a lot of people that read it from the beginning in their young(er) days kept reading it till today

Lion of Olympus

The Prince of Power
to me i like his loyalty, hes no pushover, he is a badass, he is number 1 swordsman, trained under mihawk, he is also kind, he wakes people up when they needed to be woken up, and he has TONS of badass moments and has a platonic relationship with luffy. his rivalry with sanji is funny and his willpower is something else. and i like his evil grin when he battles those he deems a exciting battle. and hes kind of like a samurai himself. so yeah. he is a badass.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Because he's a ruffian who plays by his own rules in most cases. He's respectful but only whenever he wants to be, not because he needs to automatically respect someone or for societal norms. He's shown intense loyalty to Luffy and his aspirations, enough so that he's willing to cut friendships with people like Usopp if they're endangering Luffy and the crew.

Add in his own brutal fighting style, swords, and you've got yourself a good formula for a popular character.