Character Discussion Why Post-time skip Luffy is trash (Wano)

Is Luffy's character and plot trash

• Total voters
Yeah, this was before she came to Wano and put the entire alliance at risk due to his recklessness.:goatasure:
Doesn't matter, his main focus has always been Kaido, he disregarded Apoo and all the fodder so he could make it upto Kaido to the point where he'd trust his crew to deal with her (which they did).

:seriously:

There's a bunch of characters that pose a threat to the alliance and the alliance members, Luffy isn't gonna babysit every single mfer and focus on what he's here to do and what he can do, take down Kaido.

:kata:

Stairs is about to spit straight facts.
but it was placed here to compete with Zoro and Ryuma connection.
Stairs... don't become the sole thing you wish to destroy

And the whole power scaling of Luffy. Absolute Trash. Kaido's Ragnarok has powered up Luffy more than his actual lessons. Not to mention how Luffy has to one up everything now, whereas pre-timeskip he knew when others were best suited to the task. The whole "Luffy show" is crap. What happened to the power Mihawk talked about? The trait we admired Luffy for. That trait is practically useless because he and the power of plot can do whatever they can (Except defeat Zoro, that'll never change.)
Luffy is a trash character.
this jargon is unbearable...

WHINE LESS AND PROVIDE MORE.. you have just whined that luffy always overshadows your boi Z God... and he has business with BM and now is fighting 1v1 with Kaido..

what are you prattling my guy is it inferiority complex .. take a chill pill and get rid of biases... they distort your view of Onepiece in general..

luffy has been then most consistent character (char development wise) Post timeskip...

Hello fellow worst generation. A special greeting to the followers of the Grandmaster.:datas:

I know what you're thinking, "Stairs talking about Luffy? She's about to spit facts.":steef:

And you're right. Stairs is about to spit straight facts.

Pre-time skip, Luffy was a charm. A great character even. He knew when he was out of his league. He knew when he was incapable. But mostly, the plot did not cater him such as a mother's teat to a baby.
:goyea:

Now I can discuss the entire of Luffy's character in the post-time skip, but I want to focus on Wano specifically.

Luffy and the plot that caters to him is absolute trash.:chopoff:

Everything must now be "SOMEHOW" connected to Luffy. It's fucking stupid. Pre-time skip, Luffy had is individualization, and rarely did it forcibly bleed into another character story. Even the "prophecy parallels" are trash.:goatasure:

For example, the Ace and Kaido thing. Luffy did not need this, but it was placed here to compete with Zoro and Ryuma connection.:mihugh:

And the whole power scaling of Luffy. Absolute Trash. Kaido's Ragnarok has powered up Luffy more than his actual lessons. Not to mention how Luffy has to one up everything now, whereas pre-timeskip he knew when others were best suited to the task. The whole "Luffy show" is crap. What happened to the power Mihawk talked about? The trait we admired Luffy for. That trait is practically useless because he and the power of plot can do whatever they can (Except defeat Zoro, that'll never change.):zosleepy::zosleepy::zosleepy:

Also, Luffy has so much business with Big Mom, but he just ignores her. He was talking such a big game before Wano, and now that she is here for him, he is basically ignoring her. All so Zoro can't get Kaido to himself. Luffy and the plot are absolute trash. Luffy was someone who could depend on others to do what's best, now Oda has him trying to do everything himself. Essentially destroying his character and the plot.:whitepress:

Oda is so trash with Luffy's writing now, remember when he gave Zoro's flashback of Yasuie to Luffy. Yasuie's flashback and connection was something primarily set for Zoro, but in chapter 1000, Luffy is feeling the spirit of Yasuie in his red coc

:milaugh::milaugh::milaugh:

I am done. Luffy is a trash character.:endthis:

He no longer holds the essence of what I originally liked about him.

Why did One Piece have to become Luffy Piece:pepemy:
Post automatically merged:

All strowhats are way worse than they were in pre-timskip.

Stairs... don't become the sole thing you wish to destroy

this jargon is unbearable...

WHINE LESS AND PROVIDE MORE.. you have just whined that luffy always overshadows your boi Z God... and he has business with BM and now is fighting 1v1 with Kaido..

what are you prattling my guy is it inferiority complex .. take a chill pill and get rid of biases... they distort your view of Onepiece in general..

luffy has been then most consistent character (char development wise) Post timeskip...

Obviously I read it because I addressed the points that you made.

It just seems like you’re starting to doubt ZKK and are lashing out
ZKK is inevitable. Doubting the Grandmaster? We don't do that here.

Doesn't matter, his main focus has always been Kaido, he disregarded Apoo and all the fodder so he could make it upto Kaido to the point where he'd trust his crew to deal with her (which they did).

:seriously:

There's a bunch of characters that pose a threat to the alliance and the alliance members, Luffy isn't gonna babysit every single mfer and focus on what he's here to do and what he can do, take down Kaido.

You ignoring the fact that Luffy knows he's responsible for Big Mom, yet he lets her run however she pleases. Either way you try to put it, Luffy's character will remain trash. If he ignores her because of Kaido, it means he is too stupid and has regressed character wise(Luffy vs Lucci)

ZKK is inevitable. Doubting the Grandmaster? We don't do that here.
well i won't say doubt but we're certainly not gonna by this stupidity in calling luffy trash coz you can concur to the truth malady
ZKK is kind 6 feet under atm.. i keeping my dead hopes up.. but even if it materialize won't be of any significance anymore.. just cliche over hype and inconsistent character development.. unless ZKK is a collab feat

You ignoring the fact that Luffy knows he's responsible for Big Mom
The Strawhats in unison made the decision to do whatever they did when they barged into Big Mom's territory, its not the time. He's here to deal with Kaido first, that's all there is to it. He's stated this multiple times. Luffy didn't plan on going into Big Mom's territory, it was Sanji's conflict that forced him and part of his crew to go there.

"Either way you try to put it, Luffy's character will remain trash"

No, Luffy's character will become trash if he stops trusting his allies and crew to deal with Big Mom, which they did in WCI in an even tougher situation. Luffy's trust in his crew has always been a massive key in his character. You of all people shouldn't be telling anyone what is and isn't trash.

:milaugh:

You ignoring the fact that Luffy knows he's responsible for Big Mom, yet he lets her run however she pleases. Either way you try to put it, Luffy's character will remain trash. If he ignores her because of Kaido, it means he is too stupid and has regressed character wise(Luffy vs Lucci)
So either you want Luffy to not focus on doing what he's been trying to do, Defeat kaidou, or you just want to see him fail.

The fucks wrong with you? Get that hateboner out of the discussions.

It's the fact that zoro hasn't had a single good fight since timeskip, yet can be neck and neck with luffy and in some instances even surpass him.
when we make the same argument about sanji....yall start wetting yourselves....

luffy is nor sanji or zoro as a main character he's pretty unique and he is known for his character unlike zoro .

people come to luffy by default coz as the main character his development is notch above the rest and more complex and intertwined... unlike zoro

why not face the fax that luffy has better things to do than deal with BM..his primary goal was Kaido it was never BM... THATS A NARRATIVE MISCONCEPTION ON YOUR END SIS

Last edited:
Power level wise I calculated them to probably stand rather close odds wise.

Character wise in its totality I prefer Zoro in that Luffy still looks too childish and bumbling to me. However I overall still enjoy some aspects of his personality, such as his rage and determination in attaining his goals.

Power level wise I calculated them to probably stand rather close odds wise.

Character wise in its totality I prefer Zoro in that Luffy still looks too childish and bumbling to me. However I overall still enjoy some aspects of his personality, such as his rage and determination in attaining his goals.
this is still more constructive that sayin A B C ain't happening hence luffy is a trash character . luffy way more well defined as a character as an MC than zoro and sanji.. Wano is where zoro had independent development.. where he ventures own his own.

i get your bias against zoro but from an ubias stand point most one piece fans tend to like luffy by default.