General & Others Why Ulti and P1 being "defeated" is a misdirection by Oda

P

PeperLevi

@Giggio You shouldn't pay attention to Garp the Fist. He is in favor of all the things that if happen,will make Wano Arc end up being garbage and the ultimate reason for all the fandom give up on One Piece.
I agree with you. The current arc should last as long as necessary,in order of end up with all the points builded and finished and being a payoff worthy of all the journey in New World.
"People who approve garbage writing are as unbearable as garbage writing itself."
A quote by myself.

@Giggio You shouldn't pay attention to Garp the Fist. He is in favor of all the things that if happen,will make Wano Arc end up being garbage and the ultimate reason for all the fandom give up on One Piece.
I agree with you. The current arc should last as long as necessary,in order of end up with all the points builded and finished and being a payoff worthy of all the journey in New World.
"People who approve garbage writing are as unbearable as garbage writing itself."
A quote by myself.
Peper, how could say such hurtful things

I don’t think I’ll recover from this

It’s not misdirection, it was just a poorly written finale to the fight.

Kanjuro, Ulti, Page One- enemies are starting to get beaten. All the other fights are (with the exception of Luffy and Zoro, the two heroes to make a dramatic comeback at the final hour) set-up. There’s really nothing to do now but get the fights over and done with.

1. Usopp and Page One. Again, poorly written end to the fight. But there was never the personal animosity between Usopp and Page One that existed between Nami and Ulti. Less time was spent on the fight. While Oda was giving double-spreads of Nami attacking Ulti, joint attacks with Franky, Nami bowing to defeat Ulti for beating up kids, Page One and Usopp was getting none of that. He might get up only to be immediately one-shot by Usopp, but it’s not especially necessary.

2. Agreed, it was shit. But it’s over. Look at how it flowed.
Nami- ”I need stronger lightning”
Nami- ”I will beat her”
Big Mom heavily weakens Ulti
Zeus- ”One more hit will finish her off”
Then Nami uses her one more hit of stronger lightning to beat her. That’s it, fight over. Bringing Ulti back now is just pointless

3. Ulti’s was Ulti Mortar, Page One is blatantly a punching bag that Oda doesn’t care about

4. It’s been made very clear that King and Queen are the strongest Beast Pirates. They might well go on to get some more hype, but that doesn’t mean that the Flying Six fights have to stagnate even further. Ulti being defeated is pretty irrelevant to this.

5. The deep Wano lore will either come from a Kaido flashback, in the fight with Kaido or as an exposition drop at the end of the arc. Again, no reason to delay the fights. The less important stuff can just be dealt with whenever necessary.

6. No they don’t. If they were going to play a significant role, they would actually have been significant in the arc so far. Only Big Mom and Perosepero will be relevant, that’s why they got to Onigashima and have actually had screentime.

7. The Marines aren’t coming to Wano, Oda’s kept telling us this. They are too wary of the strength of the samurai, Wano is not in the World Gov’s jurisdiction and the abolition of the Warlords plus whatever has happened with Sabo/Vivi is taking up all their manpower.

8. Probably. But that won’t delay the other fights. If anything Luffy’s next defeat can only happen once the other fights are done, so there’s someone else to hold off Kaido while Luffy recovers.
I really want to see P1 come back, go berserk when he sees his sis heavily wounded and defeated, and become much more frightening and badass. Similar to how in JoJo’s Part 5, Pesci seemed like the weak, timid sidekick to Prosciutto, but after Prosciutto was defeated, Pesci went into a rage and revealed himself to be actually more threatening than Prosciutto when he’s fighting competently

I really want to see P1 come back, go berserk when he sees his sis heavily wounded and defeated, and become much more frightening and badass. Similar to how in JoJo’s Part 5, Pesci seemed like the weak, timid sidekick to Prosciutto, but after Prosciutto was defeated, Pesci went into a rage and revealed himself to be actually more threatening than Prosciutto when he’s fighting competently
P1 never showed that much care for his sister. Am I wrong? She just bully him.

Do you guys think this is the start of the domino effect of the end of the arc? because i have several reasons to why this is a fake out
1) Page 1 didn't fight usop
2) Nami's "victory" was waaay too cheap
3) We didn't see Ulti's and P1 strongest attacks
4) King and Queen didn't have a single set-up combat chapter showcasing why they are the strongest beast pirates
5) Major Wano plotlines needing screentime, like the shimotsuki and wano-ancient kingdom connections, Nidai kitetsu, the kokeshi dolls found by brook in orochi's castle
6) Big mom pirates like smoothie and daifuku have to play some significant role in the arc
7) The marines are guaranteed to go to wano, no way oda pulls an admiral for a shichibukai like doffy and doesn't for the climax of a 10 years long saga
8) Luffy will 100 percent get trashed 1 more time
That would be my thoughts in the good old days
HOWEVER
Considering Oda is making Toei fill in the gaps, all those reasons you mentioned feel like will be filled by Toei at this point