General & Others Why you keep reading One Piece?

Been reading One Piece weekly since Thriller Bark. The mystery and intrigue were my primary interests (Will of D, Void Century, etc) and still are. I also really enjoy the overall world-building and characters. I want to see Luffy become Pirate King, I want to see Zoro become the world's greatest Swordsman, I want Sanji to find All-blue, etc.

Been reading One Piece weekly since Thriller Bark. The mystery and intrigue were my primary interests (Will of D, Void Century, etc) and still are. I also really enjoy the overall world-building and characters. I want to see Luffy become Pirate King, I want to see Zoro become the world's greatest Swordsman, I want Sanji to find All-blue, etc.
What was the One Piece community like back then? Most people I know didn’t start reading until after the timeskip.

I had hopes for One Piece until chapter 1009. Since 1010 I'm emotionally away from series and just want to see how every fanboy stupid theory is wrong and they don't know noting about One Piece, Oda, Luffy etc.
Also I wanna see the series decline in all aspects and I'm curious if Oda will ever realize the dumb things he is doing. It is becoming commom to authors rechange your history but usually just the end, maybe Oda will be the first to change the "middle"(almost ending but still middle)?

I like the "candies" Oda giving to me....so I read it....if I don't like it, I will throw it away like how we throw away into trash can....I definitely don't discuss something I hate so much.....I am not that of a tsundere or masochist.....

What was the One Piece community like back then? Most people I know didn’t start reading until after the timeskip.
It was definitely a lot smaller. Back then Naruto was king pretty much everywhere, and had a far faaar bigger community. One Piece didn't really "blow up" until Marineford. However I didn't really participate in forums back then, just read the chapters on One Manga (Any OG's remember this site?), and commented my thoughts on the chapters.

What kind of idiot wastes time reading/watching a series that they hate just soo they can waste even more time discussing it? specialy one of the size of one piece.
I agree. This is so stupid. One Piece is not short serie.

I understand those who think the series isn't good lately. But I don't understand those who criticize the features that have existed since the beginning of the series and therefore claim that the series is so bad. Not everyone has to like the series. Some don't care about their bad side, some do. personal taste. But it's ridiculous that people who don't like these parts of them read 1000 chapters. masochism.