Chapter Discussion Why Zoro went from 3 swords with advcoc to 2 swords and no advcoc

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
Ryou and hardening are the same thing, both are CoA
As for the sparks they aren't a sign of hardening. You can see several panels of Zoro with smoke and hardening but no trails
I have several other panel
Ryou and hardening are not the same thing

The scabbards and zoro have shown multiple times that you can use ryou and then harden your blade

The tiny spark has only ever been hardening
No coc user has ever had coc lightning that tiny ever in the manga

You have no argument

?
You realise it's zoro flowing his haki out on all his swords
Maybe not a new form per say since looking back at the king fight,the smoke on all 3 swords started being a thing only after Coc coating started being used.

I don't think Zoro is using KOH against Lucci but people thinking the smoke effects on all 3 swords could be KOH,is because that only ever started being a thing after Zoro unlocked coc coating tbh.

Maybe not a new form per say since looking back at the king fight,the smoke on all 3 swords started being a thing only after Coc coating started being used.

I don't think Zoro is using KOH against Lucci but people thinking the smoke effects on all 3 swords could be KOH,is because that only ever started being a thing after Zoro unlocked coc coating tbh.
That because Zoro realized the key to controlling enma was adding an overwhelming amount of CoA haki to enma. Since Zoro likes to keep the power between all his swords even he added that same amount of haki to all 3 of his swords.

When Zoro released and added that overwhelming amount of haki to all his swords he subconsciously released and added ACoC to his swords.

In his battle against King, Zoro learns how to control and release ACoC at will. The next time we saw Zoro use flames/smoke and ACoC he released the flames/smoke first. Then he added the ACoC to his swords.

Later on we see him just release ACoC without the flames/smoke.

Not only did Zoro obtained ACoC against King, he improved his skills to control and manipulate that power.

HA001

Blud.

Just read what he says.

Enma is taking his coa
It has a flame on

Zoro thinks what to do
Zoro says fine I'll release ALL my haki

Zoro puts all his haki into his swords so coc and coa

Swords are coated in coa flames and coc lightning

That is king of hell

Blud.

Just read what he says.

Enma is taking his coa
It has a flame on

Zoro thinks what to do
Zoro says fine I'll release ALL my haki

Zoro puts all his haki into his swords so coc and coa

Swords are coated in coa flames and coc lightning

That is king of hell
Never said it wasn't,just that I get why people would be confused since the flame/smoke thing on all 3 swords started being a thing after Zoro actively started using Coc coating.

@CbShadow explained it pretty well though and I think he is right.
That would still make Lucci pretty impressive if he can clash unarmed with 3 swords style Zoro using Ryuo overload on all 3 swords,even if Zoro didn't use any named attack.

HA001

Never said it wasn't,just that I get why people would be confused since the flame/smoke thing on all 3 swords started being a thing after Zoro actively started using Coc coating.

@CbShadow explained it pretty well though and I think he is right.
That would still make Lucci pretty impressive if he can clash unarmed with 3 swords style Zoro using Ryuo overload on all 3 swords,even if Zoro didn't use any named attack.
Meh I don't take stock to clashing like that with no attacks.
Especially if he gonna get put down by the first named attack

Meh I don't take stock to clashing like that with no attacks.
Especially if he gonna get put down by the first named attack
Depends on the named attack tbh,could be a new santoryu move.

You beleive Queen Or Cracker can clash with Zoro maximizing his Ryuo on all 3 swords?

Last edited:

HA001

Depends on the named attack tbh,could be a knew santoryu move.

You beleive Queen Or Cracker can clash with Zoro maximizing his Ryuo on all 3 swords?
Hyouzou clashed with zoro then crushed by the first named attack
Same with killer
Same with apoo
Oda not letting them have a fight and exchanging attacks is telling.

Hyouzou clashed with zoro then crushed by the first named attack
Same with killer
Same with apoo
Oda not letting them have a fight and exchanging attacks is telling.
Hyouzou wasn't called tough and Zoro wasn't in a hurry though.
Lucci also has quite some Rokushiki techniques we haven't seen yet tbf.

HA001

Hyouzou wasn't called tough and Zoro wasn't in a hurry though.
Lucci also has quite some Rokushiki techniques we haven't seen yet tbf.
Luffy said he was strong
And he clashed with zoro until zoro attacked

Zoro was in a rush vs apoo and his tonfa blocked zoros haki clad sword
Again until zoro attacked

This isn't anything we haven't see before

Sure but we know zoro can take luccis attacks he's took worse

Luffy said he was strong
And he clashed with zoro until zoro attacked

Zoro was in a rush vs apoo and his tonfa blocked zoros haki clad sword
Again until zoro attacked

This isn't anything we haven't see before

Sure but we know zoro can take luccis attacks he's took worse
Problem is all your examples are Pre flame/smoke mode i.e before the mode which Cbshadow explained is Zoro exuding huge amounts of Ryuo and regulating them on all 3 swords.

This would be like the first time Zoro used Enma and cut accidentally the tree but under control and with all 3 swords.

I find it pretty impressive Lucci was matching those strikes with just his nails tbh.
I'm not a believer of Queen/Cracker/Doffy matching that kind of haki output even with nameless strikes.

Zoro will still overwhelm him when named attacks drop like you said.