Questions & Mysteries Will Big Mom go down in this arc ?

Will Big Mom go down this arc ?

• Total voters
I am going to go ahead and say yes. A lot of people expect her to face Luffy in Elbaf but I dont see her making it there.
The reasons are the following
Half her main crewmates have been defeated already. Katakuri and Cracker got beaten while Perospero is on his way to go down. By the end of the arc if she survives, her crew will look like a joke compared to the Straw Hat pirates. In my opinion, Kidd will match Luffy's king's haki feats and finish the job with Law's help.
Its time for the new generation to live up to the hype, and for Oda to put Kidd on the map as Luffy's rival. So thats the second reason, I think she will go down.I believe the big mom pirates will appear just on time to witness her death by Kidd's hands.
The third reason is that Oda doesnt seem to put Luffy fight female villains that often. Yes we did have Alvida, and a skirmish with Ulti, but Luffy has never fought a woman as the final boss of a saga.

So in my opinion its over for her within the next 30 chapters, I dont see her as super important for the Elbaf arc.

She can be rendered as a mentally incapacitated child for the rest of the series, but she sure as hell isn't going to be defeated here.

I'm not sure about her relevancy to Elbaf but her character arc is far from over for it to get closure in the next 30 odd chapters.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I imagine she most likely won't in that Oda set up a very sophisticated parallel between the two since the times of Fishman Island and I mean a fighting parallel, which was ultimately perpetuated on WCI by Katakuri's wording. So chances are he will likely face her off, perhaps even in a solo and this arc is already seeing Luffy tackling Kaido so it's not the case he will vanquish 2 of them I presume.

She can be rendered as a mentally incapacitated child for the rest of the series, but she sure as hell isn't going to be defeated here.

I'm not sure about her relevancy to Elbaf but her character arc is far from over for it to get closure in the next 30 odd chapters.
I can see her character closing with her witnessing an illusion when dying, of herself eating at a table with her children which became giants.

She will lose her crew and be stripped of her yonko title fulfilling kaidos line about betrayal and the karma she deserves.

She will take the L but also be in Elbaf as a smaller plot line

Oda is not going to use a villain for 3 arcs in a row, wtf are people smoking.

The whole Wano saga was built up in Thriller Bark with both BM and Kaido being introduced/hinted and started with Fishman Island, it's supposed to symbolise the fall of the old guard and the rise of the worstgen

I know people want to use the argument that Luffy will defeat all 4 emperors because he said so, but Big Mom coming after Kaido will be just lame. If BM would finally get defeated in Elbaf, it will be very anticlimatic.

BM WILL fall in Wano, how Oda handles it is the question.

Oda is not going to use a Villain for 3 arcs in a row, wtf are people smoking. The whole Wano saga was built up in Thriller Bark with both BM and Kaido being introduced/hinted and started with Fishman Island, it's supposed to symbolise the fall of the old guard and the rise of the supernova. Oda is not going to use a villain for 3 arcs in a row, i know people want to use the argument that Luffy will defeat all 4 emperors because he said so, but Big Mom coming after Kaido will be just lame. If BM would finally get defeated in Elbaf, it will be very anticlimatic.
Defeating Kaido = defeating the super alliance.
There's no need to knock out BM or kill her to be considered a victory for the new era and the downfall of the old one.
In the same way she "lost" against Luffy in WCI.

Defeating Kaido = defeating the super alliance.
There's no need to knock out BM or kill her to be considered a victory for the new era and the downfall of the old one.
In the same way she "lost" against Luffy in WCI.
I could see that because it's Oda, but at the same time it was hinted with the BM pirates asking who would become captain if she dies, with everyone poiting at Katakuri. But I am 100% sure BM will not be relevant anymore after this arc.

people need to stop acting like there is a binary choice between big mom being defeated now and her coming back in eblaf or even having a rematch with Luffy. All of that can happen, it just won't be very important.

Allying with Kaido is the peak of big mom's career. This is basically a fact. The marines said that a kaido/big mom alliance would be unstoppable, that it would be worst than the roger or the whitebeard pirates. There is absolutely nothing big mom could do, as an antagonist, to trump allying with kaido.

Kid and Law will defeat her and turn her back into O-Lin. O-Lin will be an ally in elbaf, and maybe after Luffy becomes pirate king, he will return to WCI and fight O-Lin, turning her back into big mom in order to get her alliance for the final war.

people need to stop acting like there is a binary choice between big mom being defeated now and her coming back in eblaf or even having a rematch with Luffy. All of that can happen, it just won't be very important.

Allying with Kaido is the peak of big mom's career. This is basically a fact. The marines said that a kaido/big mom alliance would be unstoppable, that it would be worst than the roger or the whitebeard pirates. There is absolutely nothing big mom could do, as an antagonist, to trump allying with kaido.

Kid and Law will defeat her and turn her back into O-Lin. O-Lin will be an ally in elbaf, and maybe after Luffy becomes pirate king, he will return to WCI and fight O-Lin, turning her back into big mom in order to get her alliance for the final war.
I agree with you except for the last paragraph, i have a hard time imagining how are law and kid supposed to defeat BM by themselves. I mean, look at kaido, it would take Luffy and Yamato at the very least (I think zoro is going up there too, so might even a 3v1), and Luffy and Yamato are comfortably above Kidd and Law individually. So imo, BM will be defeated in this arc, but Law and Kidd will most likely receive a help from others

Question is how would that happen? Law can damage her I guess via his df but Kidd can't?
So it seems kinda hard to see, especially now that we've seen her laughing everything she's on panel with Kidd and Law. She has taken no damage.
I don't see Oda rushing her fight and have her defeated in a few chapters like calamities.
He obviously wants to focus on the rooftop fight