Character Discussion Will Eustass Kid become a Great Pirate after Wano?

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
For starters we can safely assert that Kidd is no Whitebeard, so let's dismiss any scenario of Kidd evenly matching Pirate King Luffy and similar things like that from our minds, at least for now.

We will need to look at the matter step by step and find out what happens, since so far this big chaos about Luffy v Kidd is not supported by a lot of evidence at all. Not even the fact they are both factored in the new gen and even the worst gen is enough by itself, just like the fact they possess CoC or the D. does not imply that Kidd is fated to become Luffy's main antagonist anytime soon.

First of all, i dont think Luffy cares about territory, he will definely protect the island where people he considers friends live in, but he dosent demand compensation for any of that stuff like BM and kaido do, they rule their territory. i cant see Luffy doing that at all.

Second, depending what you consider a great pirate he already is....Remenber, Kidd is pretty strong even when put in the new world where only the best of pirates are, its no exageration to say he already is in the 1% strongest people in the world, specialy when you consider the average level of people in the normal oceans where the huge majority of people live, and even in the grand line.

I mean, how many people live in the Op world? i would say its enough for 100-200 people to be at the very least 1% of the world population, and Kidd is definely in the top 100 strongest characters in the series.

Last edited:
For starters we can safely assert that Kidd is no Whitebeard, so let's dismiss any scenario of Kidd evenly matching Pirate King Luffy and similar things like that from our minds, at least for now.

We will need to look at the matter step by step and find out what happens, since so far this big chaos about Luffy v Kidd is not supported by a lot of evidence at all. Not even the fact they are both factored in the new gen and even the worst gen is enough by itself, just like the fact they possess CoC or the D. does not imply that Kidd is fated to become Luffy's main antagonist anytime soon.
Katakuri is Luffys WB, nuff said.
I think he takes of Kaidos territory and maybe Shanks since he’s got a hard for shanks for some reason.
Maybe he thought that was the weakest emperor, so he’d pick off the little guy like he normally does
Post automatically merged:

First of all, i dont think Luffy cares about territory, he will definely protect the island where people he considers friends live in, but he dosent demand compensation for any of that stuff like BM and kaido do, they rule their territory. i cant see Luffy doing that at all.

Second, depending what you consider a great pirate he already is....Remenber, Kidd is pretty strong even when put in the new world where only the best of pirates are, its no exageration to say he already is in the 1% strongest people in the world, specialy when you consider the average level of people in the normal oceans where the huge majority of people live, and even in the grand line.

I mean, how many people live in the Op world? i would say its enough for 100-200 people to be at the very least 1% of the world population, and Kidd is definely in the top 100 strongest characters in the series.
Yes this is an accurate assessment. No matter how many times I’ll shit on Kid, I’ll rmmbr that he is one of the strongest pirates in the toughest seas. That’s saying something

Katakuri is Luffys WB, nuff said.
I think he takes of Kaidos territory and maybe Shanks since he’s got a hard for shanks for some reason.
Maybe he thought that was the weakest emperor, so he’d pick off the little guy like he normally does
Post automatically merged:

Yes this is an accurate assessment. No matter how many times I’ll shit on Kid, I’ll rmmbr that he is one of the strongest pirates in the toughest seas. That’s saying something
I'm not sure about Katakuri either but mostly in that we don't know what's the full potential of that man and how much he will still grow and what he will do right after the BPM shall be vanquished. But we will see.

He is a conquerers haki user in the Worst Generation. Of course he is going to become a legendary pirate. Not only that but he’s suffered humiliating losses and has still not had his will broken, we all know in One Piece a guy like that will get far. Oda has given Kidd these humiliating “Ls” thus far in the story to prepare for all the Ws he’s going to take soon. Eustass Kidd is the ultimate underdog of the series. Both fans and characters in the manga sleep on him. :finally:

he’d pick off the little guy like he normally does
Wtym?

Of course he'll become a great pirate. All the 5 who are on the rooftop will and Kidd happens to be one of the leaders
But a lot of people hate him to much and deny it, they'll soffer some delusion post Wano
Can't wait to read the bait thread: "Why did Oda gave such a big role to Kidd? Has he made a mistake?"
:milaugh:

Two scenarios:

1- They all gang up on Kaido:
No, Eustass will NOT be great pirate. Because it will eventually comes down to Luffy to finish Kaido (since I don't believe he will die), but let's say Oda wants to kill him, Oda will make Zoro do it!

But overall Luffy is the one getting most credit against Kaido! Not Kidd

2- Scenario 2: Kaido focuses on other Yonko, Big Mom... then yeah! Both Luffy and Kidd take out Kaido and Big Mom will result in both aknowledged as great pirates
(Although Luffy on a slightly greater scale, cause he got waaaaay more allies and fleets and resources)

But generally Kidd will maintain his rivalry as long as both focused on different equal opponents like Kaido and Big Mom

Kidd will never outshine Luffy if he focused on same opponent because Oda will always wank Luffy more

Luffy will become a fullfledged great pirate aka yonko aka the level Shanks was expecting him to be in order to give him back his hat. Kidd at best can become a pseudo yonko aka Luffy current status and that imo is right since of course Luffy will be the main contender while people like Law and Kidd will just be side characters compared to Luffy. If it is a vs Doffy fight again they could even be used just to hype Kaido and BM like what already happened with Law.

When Luffy will get the OP at that ppint he most likely will have already fought BB or that will be the very next fight to happen after Luffy discovers it so Kidd by that point will be higly irrilevant, if Luffy hasn't already left him in the dust like for Law by EoS the gap will already be relevant and anyway Kidd for sure is not EoS stuff, probably this arc will be his most relevant point in the whole manga. He will have other apparances like post eos if he will still be alive or in a supposed big war at the end of the manga but he will have this arc and not other ones like Law. Now are his 15 minutes of celebrity.

Maybe Kidd will try the standard emperor route and take territories, that would be fine since Oda can simply put that as side infos when the SH are reading the newspaper or something. About Luffy I don't see him all of a sudden starting to manage territories, he will be the backer of the country and that is that, it is the same that happened for Fishman island: Poseidon and co will keep to rule it woth even more freedom than before (no candies for BM to dispatch), same for Wano with Momo.

What I see Oda doing with him after Wano? He will be put again in the background but not to the point to be buried in it like characters like Gin or Vergo who only exist in some threads in this forum nowadays. Maybe he will get the same as Croco and Lucci, very rarely there will be some very small upgrades about them (shown for a moment between the arcs like it always happen) and where he is and what he is doing. Maybe, if he is quite lucky, he will get some special status like Law and get some light in the interludes between each arc to show that even if they are not Luffy real matches they are improving to the point they will become the next emperors (Kaido and BM replacements).

Last edited: