General & Others Will Luffy get a 10th Senior Officer?

This isn't so much a general nakama recruitment thread, but more so a thread regarding if Luffy will even get a 10th Senior Officer in the first place, seeing as how Luffy has 9 of them at this point. I feel it's valid to ask in light of Oda mentioning in his interview with Gosho Aoyama about "Luffy's crew of ten" and it being figured that it's too late to meaningfully have anyone else be part of the Straw Hats.

It's also figured that any future Straw Hats would just appear in the epilogue, but with Blackbeard having 10 Titanic Captains, and going by what Oda said, I don't get the impression that 11 Straw Hat Pirates vs. 11 Blackbeard Pirates would just be something that happens in the epilogue. I also don't get the impression that having a rounded out 11 vs. 11 is something Oda would want to pass up either, but what do you guys think?

Last edited:
Idk if this idea has been brought up but I sense an opportunity for a great future parallel between BB and WB:

One of BBs Titanic Captains will betray him and abandon him during or before the fight with the SHs

It would parallel Squardo stabbing WB in the back as well as BB breaking the law of WB's ship and killing his commrade.

And that way the SHs would be the numerical underdogs until that oerson betrays BB and levels the playing field

Idk if this idea has been brought up but I sense an opportunity for a great future parallel between BB and WB:

One of BBs Titanic Captains will betray him and abandon him during or before the fight with the SHs

It would parallel Squardo stabbing WB in the back as well as BB breaking the law of WB's ship and killing his commrade.

And that way the SHs would be the numerical underdogs until that oerson betrays BB and levels the playing field
I suppose Whitebeard Pirates would back up Luffy in case he got into a fight with Blackbeard and his own manpower.

Actually, if Caribou tells Blackbeard about Pluton, and then Blackbeard invades Wano with his Ten Titanic Captains, then assuming Wano has good defense by that point, Yamato might become Luffy’s 10th Senior Officer by then to make it 11 vs. 11 at Wano. I doubt this just happens in the epilogue too.

It's Koby

He's been around since chapter 2, he's one of luffy's closest friends, and he could join the crew as SWORD conducts undercover operations, as seen with Drake. Koby also has a dream and is decently strong.

The blackbeard arc seems to be set up to be a Koby rescue arc. Almost every SH has been saved by Luffy from the main villain of that character's arc. Luffy saved zoro from Morgan, Nami from Arlong(and buggy? idk, i forgot), Sanji from Krieg, Usopp from Kuro, etc. And this next major saga is going to be about Luffy saving Koby from Blackbeard.

I think he would make the most sense and would be a far better option than Yamato, caribou, etc. Also, I think he will parallel Teach's 10th officer being Aokiji.

Wait a minute.

Let's say Egghead is the last arc before Fullalead, that would mean that we need to get the 10th Straw Hat before then right?!

Assuming Aokiji is the 10th, we still need to have one more to balance it out. I don't see this arc being very long, either.

If Egghead truly is the last arc before then and if the SHPs VS. BBPs is soon, then wouldn't this drop Vivi, Carrot and Yamato from the race?

Who could possibly be next? Unless Carrot really is on the ship (probably not) or Vivi returns in this arc or shortly before the next, I can't see any other possibilities.

(And don't say Caribou. I'm not counting him.)

The only other possibility that I can think of is that Oda changed his mind within the past decade or so. It can definitely happen, and there's been quite a few candidates since then. Maybe there'll be more than 10 in the end afterall?