Questions & Mysteries Will Teach vs Shanks deliver

One of the longest fight buildups in the series, roughly 15 years of anticipation.

In the case that it wouldn't be offpanel, would Oda still fuck it up, or would it restore One Piss' former glory?

At this point I honestly don't care if Teach wins or vice versa, I just want that battle to be worth all the hype and live up to the expectations of past years.

It's happening soon during elbaf arc or before elbaf arc officially starts
"THAT and THAT person will finally fight..."

Just know this :
Teach will win via cheapshot, distraction or outside inference
Oda will save Shanks hype that way like he did for Garp and Oden

Oda should squeeze a mini arc for those two crews duking it out. There's not even that many chapters needed

2-3 full chapters of Shanks vs BB, 2-3 other chapters focusing on their heavy hitters, and maybe a chapter or two for some lore like Ancient Weapon and stuff

But likely Oda will focus more on live action and running/waste of time chapters and we get Blackbeard using his awakening which allows him to instantly win any fight after an off screen because he doesn't have time to draw important shit

Would love for it to deliver. But following basic one piece rules Luffy opponent can’t be shown all out on panel against anyone but him.

We’ll probably have to settle for the usual teach jobbing, until he uses “insert ability”. At which point all the meat of the battle off paneled. Shank defeat from there will end up some random info dump during the SH vs BBPs arc.

There are four fights Oda absolutely cannot fuck up:

- Blackbeard vs Shanks
- Akainu vs Luffy
- Blackbeard vs Luffy
- Mihawk vs Zoro (even though I also think there's a chance that this might not happen)

About Blackbeard vs Shanks, it's true we're probably not gonna see all of it. Still, we needs to see an all out Shanks, and at least a portion of Blackbeard's arsenal on page.

There are four fights Oda absolutely cannot fuck up:

- Blackbeard vs Shanks
- Akainu vs Luffy
- Blackbeard vs Luffy
- Mihawk vs Zoro (even though I also think there's a chance that this might not happen)

About Blackbeard vs Shanks, it's true we're probably not gonna see all of it. Still, we needs to see an all out Shanks, and at least a portion of Blackbeard's arsenal on page.
akainu and mihawk are too weak fo this stage of the game, they were only relevant in paradise, remove akainu vs luffy and mihawk vs zoro it will never happen cuz its not worth, its like saying big mom vs smoothie who would win

Imo there are very good chances for it to happen but honestly nothing is set in stone (at least because everybody is expecting this and Oda doesn't want to make things too predictable). Then it will probably take the format of BB vs Ace, BB will win (maybe Oda will not show BB aces) and leave a dying Shanks who will meet Luffy a last time in order to fullfil their old promise. So imo I would expect something like Ace vs Teach, so a good fight, yet Oda could shadow some parts or the ending (like when BB dark sphere hit Ace flame sphere and we didn't see the outcome), but either way if we will ever see Shanks go all out it will be in that fight.