Current Events Will Zoro do battle against any strong swordsmen or samurai in Wano?

Now that Kyoshiro is a good guy, there are no samurai or swordsmen that are built up enough in Wano to be Zoro's opponent. Unless we are getting new swordsman characters in Act 3 right? The possible King fight will be cool but I think before Wano began, most people thought we would get some cool sword fights, being that its a land of samurai and Zoro is a swordsman, but there are no established samurai, just Smile users. Are we going to go through all of Wano without Zoro fighting a master class samurai? Not gonna lie, I would be really disappointed. I understand it's Oda's story and vision but after hyping Wano as a land of great swordsmen with high grade swords, I am not seeing any indication that they will be a part of the story or Zoro's character development. Kyoshiro has been the only strong swordsmen that we have seen. The story is reaching a point where the Straw Hats are going to be defeated here, then they recover and win during the 2nd fight. Doesn't seem like there is much room for swordsmen story development anymore. Instead of running around with Tonoyasu, he should have been with some samurai. Some times I just think Oda cares more about silly side characters than the Straw Hats.

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
He will battle Kaido and that's it

King is a swordsman and not samurai

Regardless I doubt he will even fight him

Kyoshiro was the only one so

Now that Kyoshiro is a good guy, there are no samurai or swordsmen that are built up enough in Wano to be Zoro's opponent. Unless we are getting new swordsman characters in Act 3 right? The possible King fight will be cool but I think before Wano began, most people thought we would get some cool sword fights, being that its a land of samurai and Zoro is a swordsman, but there are no established samurai, just Smile users. Are we going to go through all of Wano without Zoro fighting a master class samurai? Not gonna lie, I would be really disappointed. I understand it's Oda's story and vision but after hyping Wano as a land of great swordsmen with high grade swords, I am not seeing any indication that they will be a part of the story or Zoro's character development. Kyoshiro has been the only strong swordsmen that we have seen. The story is reaching a point where the Straw Hats are going to be defeated here, then they recover and win during the 2nd fight. Doesn't seem like there is much room for swordsmen story development anymore. Instead of running around with Tonoyasu, he should have been with some samurai. Some times I just think Oda cares more about silly side characters than the Straw Hats.
Didn't zoro beat Killer?

How do people never count that he beat his so called "worst generation counterpart".

It's like Luffy beating kid and everyone stops counting kid as anything bet it turns out Luffy was way stronger than him and mid diffed him

Hotei might be As strong as Kyoshiro
But Zoro is stronger than kyoshiro so fighting someone as strong as kyoshiro is sort of mehhh

Like the big sword fight Zoro had this arc with Killer was when Zoro was nerfed and he specifically stated to match Kyoshiro when he's still nerfed.

Don't people see it as weird that these encounters Zoro has are always with him nerfed? It's almost like Oda specifically does not want Zoro to actually fight at full strength any of these times because plot requires it for some reason.

Zoro was stronger than all these people BEFORE he even got Enma and after training he's very clearly above these dudes already

The whole point of Oden’s flashback concerning Wano was to show that Wano was a rich country with a lot of strong individuals but that Orochi and Kaido’s rule destroyed the country and the samurai’s spirit. This is why there is no more strong samurai except for Oden’s vassals who was the last Shogun (in spirit at least) of Wano.

Therefore narratively speaking they cannot have any strong samurais in the enemy camp. Furthermore, in chapter 986 Oda emphasis (by Hyogoro) that the samurai’s spirit was lost by having the Oniwabanshu and the Mimawarigumi changing side after Orochi’s death.

Zoro fighting a strong samurai will be anti-climatic. Which is why Zoro will fight a strong pirate swordsman instead.

Funny thing is that zoro Hardly fought any swordsman in the traditional meaning of the word only Mihawk & Ryuma I belive, he fights people with sharp abilities/tools so if he does not fight a swordsman in wano it would just be the normal thing.
though NGL with wano I raised my expectations for a strong badass samurai -the shogun- that gives the Grandmaster the fight of his live.
Then Orochi happend :whitepress:
Oda clearly set Kaido and his goons as the main bad guys and portrayed Orochi and his men as weaklings who rely on kaido to keep ruling wano so i think we wont have a strong evil wano swordsman

Why should Zoro always fight a swordsman or someone that uses a sword regardless if it a samurai or a swordsman or whatever?
Because Zoro is the only person in the crew whose fights specifically have a point regarding his dream.

And if Zoro isn't fighting a swordsman then the fight has nothing to do with his dream. Even if the swordsman is a Flying pteranadon from an extinct black winged race who produces flames, as long as it's a swordsman, it matters to his dream.

Otherwise we have a monet situation where oda has to have Tashigi fight instead since Monet isn't a swordsman

Because Zoro is the only person in the crew whose fights specifically have a point regarding his dream.

And if Zoro isn't fighting a swordsman then the fight has nothing to do with his dream. Even if the swordsman is a Flying pteranadon from an extinct black winged race who produces flames, as long as it's a swordsman, it matters to his dream.

Otherwise we have a monet situation where oda has to have Tashigi fight instead since Monet isn't a swordsman
I don't agree with this.