Speculations Will zoro ever serious fight a woman?

Well Zoro has to fight seriously anybody post-ts.
If the opponent is strong it really doesn't matter;
It can be male, female, a fish, a dragon whatever it is as long as it is strong.
Unfortunately, there are very few women strong enough in One Piece;
BM comes first in mind and Zoro would fight her at his maximum for sure if she was in the way.
Smoothie can be a candidate but she seems one gimmicky and as soon as figured out would get low diffed (that's the impression she gives me)
Katarina Devon can be a good candidate eventhough we know nothing about her
Kuina the return...maybe ? Yikes
Tashigi can be too but far too weak as of right now.
Hancock is an ally

So it all depends on circumstances but I guess my final answer would be : no Zoro won't fight any woman seriously in the manga.

I blame Oda though lol

M

MD Zolo

Anyway I can't understand how you fail to see how weird it is to expect to see female characters to portrayed superior than male characters on a regular basis in the something that is basically made to amuse male teenagers.
Nobody here asked for female characters to be portrayed superior to males on a regular basis. Nobody!!

And people (including people in Japan, Shonen boys in Japan) have eagerly waited for Big Mom vs. Luffy. So, this "female vs. male is taboo" is bullshit.

Shonen boys don't care about gender superiority. They want big fights. And if a female is portrayed on equal footing as a male, such fights are definitely possible.

Its just weird that zoro and sanji are the only 2 strawhats that are weird about fighting women. Even brook a "gentleman" and a swordsman would cut a bitch up ez

Sanji to an extent has an "excuse" but zoro? It goes completely against his flashback
Even in wano hed rather cut down nameless fodder than speed and thats dumb

Zoro doesn't have issue with anyone strong. only if they are weak, that's why he didn't want to cut naked man or Tashigi, Monet because they were weak for him but he could kill them if they come at him.
And beside few women, the others are weak compared to him. He won't have any issue to fight Big Mom/Hancock/Smoothie for example.

That's the issue here, only few really understood Zoro's personnalities. All Zoro and Kuina flashback was about gender equality, how Zoro is gonna avoid a true fight just because he is facing a woman ?

M

MD Zolo

Anyway are you japanes or do you live in Japan? Because otherwise i am not going to be convinced that shonen boys don't care about their gender being superior because 99% of the MCs are male!
No! I am not Japanese nor do I live in Japan. But few of my teachers got their PhD from Japan and some of contemporary seniors are currently living in Japan. From their description, it seems that Japan is more traditional in terms of the role of female but not nearly as traditional as the Indian subcontinent or the Middle East.

The 99% of the MCs being male is definitely related to the readers being young boys - I accept that. But I do not believe that those young boys will care if Luffy fights a girl or if Luffy loses to a girl. As long as the girl was strong and the fight was great, there will be no issue.

Luffy vs. Big Mom or Luffy vs. Ulti has the same thing in common: readers wouldn't be unhappy with either. And that is why bringing both definitely works.

Zoro doesn't have issue with anyone strong. only if they are weak, that's why he didn't want to cut naked man or Tashigi, Monet because they were weak for him but he could kill them if they come at him.
And beside few women, the others are weak compared to him. He won't have any issue to fight Big Mom/Hancock/Smoothie for example.

That's the issue here, only few really understood Zoro's personnalities. All Zoro and Kuina flashback was about gender equality, how Zoro is gonna avoid a true fight just because he is facing a woman ?
Zoro cuts up fodder all the time tho and has no issues at all
Post automatically merged:

Like if zoros ok cutting up fodder but draws the line if their half naked or just women then thats a problem imo

Zoro cuts up fodder all the time tho and has no issues at all
Post automatically merged:

Like if zoros ok cutting up fodder but draws the line if their half naked or just women then thats a problem imo
All the fodders because they attacked him first. Best example is Water 7 fodders, he attacked them because they were waiting for them but he still used the back of his swords because he didn't want to hurt them, why ? Because they are weak.
Why are you keep talking about naked men who happened once in the entire manga ? did the naked men were facing and attacked him ? no they were running and showing him their back, do you remember zoro's point of view about hurting someone from the back and unarmed ?
Yes it's a problem for some of you. But not for Zoro, Oda and not for most of people, the fact Zoro doesn't want to cut or wound naked man or some women didn't affect the plot or his crewmates. Just put on your mind Zoro is a japanese samurai. They have values, code and think highly of themselves.
As I said, Zoro doesn't care about weak one, if you are strong he will fight you.

Well. His backstory tells us he has no problem doing it. But then we get this:
It would be nice if we get an explanation or something about all of this. But personally I think nothing will happen.
I think that had more to do with Enel aiming for Robin's face and leaving a visible wound there than anything else.

Also, Zoro's only chance at a serious fight against a woman is if he somehow clashes with Big Mom this arc.

All the fodders because they attacked him first. Best example is Water 7 fodders, he attacked them because they were waiting for them but he still used the back of his swords because he didn't want to hurt them, why ? Because they are weak.
Why are you keep talking about naked men who happened once in the entire manga ? did the naked men were facing and attacked him ? no they were running and showing him their back, do you remember zoro's point of view about hurting someone from the back and unarmed ?
Yes it's a problem for some of you. But not for Zoro, Oda and not for most of people, the fact Zoro doesn't want to cut or wound naked man or some women didn't affect the plot or his crewmates. Just put on your mind Zoro is a japanese samurai. They have values, code and think highly of themselves.
As I said, Zoro doesn't care about weak one, if you are strong he will fight you.
Enemy fodder is enemy fodder gender shouldn't make a difference but it does for zoro
And w7 is a bad example because they weren't really enemies or bad people they were civilians
Even in wano he perpously chose not to cut speed but was ok cutting down her even weaker subordinates

Like zoro can hurt women but the fact that he rather not makes no sense. The fact he got so mad at enel for hurting a woman makes no sense. Especially considering his flashback with kuina

I mentioned the naked man thing once because you brought it up...and thats dumb too tbh
And while zoro not wanting to cut them or women might not negatively effect the plot it does a disservice to zoro's character at least imo

M

MD Zolo

All i know is all the other strawhats outside zoro and sanji are 100% fine throwing hands with any throwing hands no matter if you a man or woman

I pray to God he doesn't have jinbe do the same
Why the hell are you putting Sanji and Zoro in the same boat? Zoro said that he prefers not to hurt a woman, but if it is necessary, he will and he did.

Sanji on the other hand is more pathological. You are trying to manufacture a condition for Zoro where it doesn't exist.

This is Fu*king stupid. Zoro fought a girl 2,000 times. He has no issues fighting one. He doesn't when he doesn't have to. This is in no way comparable to Sanji's condition.

Why the hell are you putting Sanji and Zoro in the same boat? Zoro said that he prefers not to hurt a woman, but if it is necessary, he will and he did.

Sanji on the other hand is more pathological. You are trying to manufacture a condition for Zoro where it doesn't exist.

This is Fu*king stupid. Zoro fought a girl 2,000 times. He has no issues fighting one. He doesn't when he doesn't have to. This is in no way comparable to Sanji's condition.
Because they are the only strawhat that are weird about fighting women
Sanji is obviously worse but that doesn't erase zoros issues when it comes to the topic

I know its dumb zoro has absolutley no reason at all to hesitate when it comes to hurting or fighting women. Yet he still does for some reason. Even getting made when people hurt them

L

Levi_Ackerman

Maybe against Black Maria or Smoothie .

Wano and Elbaf (if Mama comes ) are the final arcs in which he has the chance to seriously fight against a woman. Once Elbaf ends, there are no more strong female opponents to give him a challenge anymore.

Barring Tashigi ofc.

HA001

World's Strongest Swordsman
β€Ž
Because they are the only strawhat that are weird about fighting women
Sanji is obviously worse but that doesn't erase zoros issues when it comes to the topic

I know its dumb zoro has absolutley no reason at all to hesitate when it comes to hurting or fighting women. Yet he still does for some reason. Even getting made when people hurt them
That robin scene is a one off. He went to go kill nami when he thought she killed ussop and crushed the bodybuilder womans skull. If monet was any threat he would have dealt with her too. Its like making this a male thread cause he said he didnt want to cut naked men.