General & Others Without a base island and fodder army, do Luffy really feel like a Yonko to you?

Does Shanks have a base island? Not sure if Elbaf was told to be it.

Did Whitebeard had a base island? I don't think he made his hometown his base island.

Roger for sure also didn't had a base island but still we could say he was like a Yonko.

Base island is not requirement to become a Yonko.

And he does have a fodder army wtf? His grand fleet is that. The captains are strong but the captains crew are fodders. Even the Giant crew.

No because this describes Shanks and even Whitebeard to a lesser degree all the same, neither of them really have an Onigashima/WCI type thing where they just chill there for months/years on end, from what we saw of Whitebeard in flashbacks etc, he's always sailing.

And the Grand Fleet isn't fodder compared to other Yonko allies.

Nikuzi

⚓𝒫𝒾𝓇𝒶𝓉𝑒 𝒬𝓊𝑒𝑒𝓃 𝒮𝑒𝓃𝒸𝒽𝑜𝓊⚓
Imo this makes him clear of other yonkos because him and his crew can solo entire other armies.

But he also has his fleet and fishman island

Luffy has a grand fleet and allies all over the world. He's more than deserving of the yonko title. Him and BB are different from the old yonko that just sat in their territory surrounded by their army's. Luffy and BB both move without the full strength of their armies and don't just fortify themselves.

Do they even feel like a crew?

Always needing allies cause the crew only has 9/10 members

Instead of Oda having fodders and other mid tiers in the crew and letting his fleets sail with him,
We're stuck to with this

Even Roger had 30+ members on the ship
So does Shanks has 20+ people on his main ship
And walks around with his fleets too

Sure, a base and a fodder army is the most useless thing for a yonko. Just look at who is probably the strongest yonko currently: Shanks. He has no base, he wanders here and there with his ship, just like Luffy, and his grand fleet is actually not an help but a burden he has to protect, guess for Luffy could be the same if actually logic applied to the manga (why wouldn't marines or BB pirates or whoever has beef with the SHs go and attack the guys who joined in Dressrosa).

Also from the story point of view it would be a burden if he has now to make an island his HQ, he has to leave people there to protect it, actually somebody must eventually attack it... Now Oda is going full on the "find the one piece" route and also actually, he will not change the formula he always used and made OP what it is now.

I don't have much attachment to the title of "Yonko" and I don't care about some checklist items that need to be ticked for it.
It's just a title but Lufy's position as THE protag is worth infinitely more.

Shanks has the true fodder fleet, compared to those poor bastards Luffy's fleet is amazing.

I still don't consider Luffy a true Yonkou tbh, but story-wise it makes sense for him to be one. And technically, Oda made him look impressive in WG's eyes - he has a lot of support from different islands, he has a fleet, his own crew is so dangerous to WG that they keep on sending CP-whatever agents after Nico Robin.

What I'm trying to say, at this point it doesn't matter if we as readers don't see Luffy as a Yonkou, it's how the WG sees it in the story.

Strawhat Grand Fleet is fodder army imo, while Strawhat Base can be Fishman Island or Wano...Luffy's way too carefree and opposite of a royal-vibe king to feel like a Yonkou...maybe thats what Oda designed PK vibe to be like, just like a carefree guy, ridiculous and fun to party with, but...is also an unstoppable power by himself, and also followed by a band of brothers always ready to fight as a unit.