General & Others World building: good or bad ?

Actually is not World Building. OP only has a big world. And that's it. The only moment it was really a World Building was all the scenario about Teach vs Ace that leads to Marineford. Besides that it seems the whole World is stop waiting for Luffy to come a do something interesting in their lifes.
A lot of Oda's world just is not interconnected. Each island might as well be it's own universe considering how self contained they are.
Oda simply likes endlessly expanding the lore of his verse regardless of if it actually adds anything to it.
Oda is creative and he certainly creates varied and exotic places with some inspiration from real life locations (e.g. Water 7 is Venice on steroids and Alabasta is Egypt). With that said, being creative is not the same as being consistent.
100% Agree. This is what folks are confusing as worldbuilding:
Oda’s "worldbuilding" is outstanding for a weekly series. There’s nothing else that even comes close to it considering the time-restrictions he has.
What I think is a more accurate assessment:
Oda’s worldGenerating is outstanding for a weekly series. There’s nothing else that even comes close to it considering the time-restrictions he has.
But as said above, Oda is average at building it all together. The world feels empty and non-existent without Luffy and the straw hats present. A lot of it is also just goofy for the sake of it.
World building is just another word for “filler”. Creating all these side characters doesn’t make it world building
Tontata? Been gullible for 800+ years. Why? just because

Minks? Friends with Kozuki for 800+ years. Why? They cool

etc...

But as said above, Oda is average at building it all together. The world feels empty and non-existent without Luffy and the straw hats present
Don’t agree.

Take out Luffy and his crew- which obviously has a detrimental effect on how you examine the series, rare is the series improved by the removal of it’s main characters- and the world building is still very good. The setting of the sea-based, island world, the various factions like the World Gov (which itself has multiple factions), the Yonko, the Balance of Power between them, the RA, independents (people of Skypiea, the Fishmen, the giants), the big mystery of the Void Century, devil fruits and Haki, smaller things like Den Den Mushi, bounties, meito, dials: these are all aspects that combine to create a very well made, interconnected world, even without the Strawhats.

Again, considering the medium it is told in, there is absolutely nothing like One Piece when it comes to worldbuilding.

A lot of it is also just goofy for the sake of it.
A stylistic choice that Oda has been consistent with since the very beginning. Complaining about One Piece being “too goofy” is like saying Berserk is “too gritty.” The series opens with a kid eating a magic fruit and turning into a rubber man, that should be a clear sign that it’s not taking itself seriously, much like Berserk opening with Guts having sex with a woman, who turns into a monster, then gets her head blown off by him is a give away that this is not for kids.

Omg you complain about one piece constantly
Don’t get me wrong im with you
I think post time skip is an absolute shitshow

but im just wondering if you hate it so much why keep on reading?
For me I just read it out of habit really
:kayneshrug:

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
World building is arguably Oda’s greatest strength as a writer, both historically and currently…how effectively he can use all the things he’s set up to tie Luffy’s journey together remains to be seen, but saying that the man doesn’t know how to flesh everything out is hilariously narrowminded.
*checks who created the thread*
Never mind, par for the fuckin’ course :gonope: