Questions & Mysteries Worst Anime Adaptations

H

Haoshoku

Yeah, the Kingdom anime is awful in that it utterly butchers the damn fights. Imagine taking the bloodshed out of war in a story that is mostly about war. Bladed weapons act like clubs according to that animated failure. :rolaugh:
I heard that it had CGI too which is a no go with anime. It’s a shame that Berserk and Kingdom have poor anime adaptations. Berserk 1999 isn’t even that bad but I found out that it skipped like half the canon material lol.

I heard that it had CGI too which is a no go with anime. It’s a shame that Berserk and Kingdom have poor anime adaptations. Berserk 1999 isn’t even that bad but I found out that it skipped like half the canon material lol.
I only watched a couple of YouTube clips of the fights. I did not stay long enough to see if there was any CGI but yeah, CGI in an anime is simply abominable. Lol.

Trigun/Trigun MAXIMUM is another good series with a mediocre anime adaptation that is grossly unfaithful to the source material though that is what happens when an anime studio jumps on a manga that is nowhere near completed. The antagonists are completely butchered, there are several notable characters and events completely missing and the whole setting is essentially babified (which is kind of like Kingdom in that respect).

One other anime I tried recently but could not get into was Claymore (fun manga btw). I could not even finish episode one. Episode one misses an entire chapter (Ch 2) and attempts to skip from Ch 1 to Ch 3 which is just weird, especially since Ch 2 was actually important in giving insight into the protagonist's personality and abilities. That combined with a truly awful soundtrack that just never knows when to stop, be silent and let a scene sink in, weird animation decisions like painting night scenes red for no reason and dialogue that is either missing entirely or weirdly rushed like it was taken 5 minutes before lunch, was just a massive turn off. Lol.

H

Haoshoku

I only watched a couple of YouTube clips of the fights. I did not stay long enough to see if there was any CGI but yeah, CGI in an anime is simply abominable. Lol.

Trigun/Trigun MAXIMUM is another good series with a mediocre anime adaptation that is grossly unfaithful to the source material though that is what happens when an anime studio jumps on a manga that is nowhere near completed. The antagonists are completely butchered, there are several notable characters and events completely missing and the whole setting is essentially babified (which is kind of like Kingdom in that respect).

One other anime I tried recently but could not get into was Claymore (fun manga btw). I could not even finish episode one. Episode one misses an entire chapter (Ch 2) and attempts to skip from Ch 1 to Ch 3 which is just weird, especially since Ch 2 was actually important in giving insight into the protagonist's personality and abilities. That combined with a truly awful soundtrack that just never knows when to stop, be silent and let a scene sink in, weird animation decisions like painting night scenes red for no reason and dialogue that is either missing entirely or weirdly rushed like it was taken 5 minutes before lunch, was just a massive turn off. Lol.
Avid Kingdom fans might want to avoid seeing this lol

The Trigun anime is good as its own thing, but that's very much as its own thing. Its barely even an adaptation of the manga for the most part.

I would love to see the manga for Trigun/Trigun MAXIMUM get adapted some day, but currently, the likelihood of that happening in the near future is low.

^^^ Yeah, I've heard nothing but bad things about Promised Neverland S2, I'm not even going to watch it. The Manga ended badly too. It's frustrating, it was so good then turned to garbage.

Seven Deadly Sins is another. I couldn't take it anymore and dropped it. The Manga is okay for the secondary characters, but Meliodas and Elizabeth are super annoying and boring. The anime's art is a travesty!

Soul Eater desperately needs a reboot with a studio that sticks to the Mangaka's script.