Versus Battle WorstGen’s Second Annual (???) Great General’s Tournament: Winner’s Bracket, Round 1

Who Wins?

• Total voters

TheKnightOfTheSea

𝕷𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖔𝖋 𝕸𝖔𝖔𝖓'𝖘 𝕾𝖕𝖆𝖜𝖓
Better strategist, undoubtedly. Better campaign leader, I buy that sight unseen regarding his feats.

As a matter of leadership and battlefield tactics, I ain’t willing to give that up. Yo Tan Wa is a one of one there, considering her messianic like stature with her people.

That LDR 100 isn’t for show and winning Ryouyou is a Top 3 feat of generalship (the other being Shukai and Eikyuu). SSJ wasn’t bullshitting when he told Kotsu Min Haku that they would show him things he had never seen before.
Yotanwa is absolutely the real deal, but Rinshoujou has phenomenal portrayal.

It's hard to compare their leadership capabilities because Yotanwa is also a king in addition to the mountain tribe's top military commander. Rinshoujou having 10 subordinate vassals under him is crazy and he shouldn't be underestimated.

Overall it's hard to compare them because we never saw Rinshoujou in action, but i'm not sure if any solo great general could beat 100k mountain lads lol

Yotanwa is absolutely the real deal, but Rinshoujou has phenomenal portrayal.

It's hard to compare their leadership capabilities because Yotanwa is also a king in addition to the mountain tribe's top military commander. Rinshoujou having 10 subordinate vassals under him is crazy and he shouldn't be underestimated.

Overall it's hard to compare them because we never saw Rinshoujou in action, but i'm not sure if any solo great general could beat 100k mountain lads lol
As far leadership goes, I don't think there is anything to discuss.

RSJ bought and raised Gyou'un and CGR, he was their master from the beginning of their relationship. We don't know what the case was with the rest of the Ten Heroes, but we can reasonably assume his nobility, station and status all played a big role.

The mountainfolk don't give a shit who your daddy was or how much money you got, and yet Yo Tan Wa, a woman, is taken for king and deified as Lord of Death by like a hundred clans of former enemies that now fight alongside each other for her cause.

Granted, there wasn't much of a choice in the mountainfolk being conquered, but there absolutely is in way they respond to her leadership, and these mfers have religious experiences when she speaks to them.

RSJ was smarter and likely better at strategy, and likely even had a deeper bag in terms of tactics, but YTW isn't lacking in any department, and pretty much no one can compete with her as a leader - aside from maybe Ri Boku, a hero to soldiers and commonfolk alike, whose greatest strength and weapon is empathy.

How the hell is Rinshoujou losing?

That man was stated to be relative to Renpa and Ouki in spite of his illness and has some of the best henchmen we've seen in the whole series in Chougaryuu and Gyouun

Meanwhile Yotanwa was being played by Shunsuiju for a while and almost died in the process.

That man was stated to be relative to Renpa and Ouki in spite of his illness and has some of the best henchmen we've seen in the whole series in Chougaryuu and Gyouun

Meanwhile Yotanwa was being played by Shunsuiju for a while and almost died in the process.
The Qin 6 wank on this forum is way too high bro

She outplayed him in the end by luring out Zhao forces and taking the city. With the number advantage they had she had to take some risks, but things worked out the way she planed in the end.

She outplayed him in the end by luring out Zhao forces and taking the city. With the number advantage they had she had to take some risks, but things worked out the way she planed in the end.
She got lucky that the Quanrong behaved the way they did.
Shunsuiju isn't a GG and he still pushed her an extreme amount.

Yotanwa isn't Renpa/Ouki caliber, Rinshoujou is.

SSJ wasn't even in control the battle of the Quanrong arrived.

I don't know why so many of you here have this bizarre notion that it was YTW vs SSJ.

It wasn't. It was YTW versus a group.

Ryouyou is a Top 3 generalship feat. RSJ has no meaningful feats to speak of, only hype. YTW has both. It's not complicated.
Post automatically merged:

He didn't push shit.

Once the Quanrong arrived, he was in the passenger seat of that battle.

It's annoying that people pretend like Yotanwa performed some extraordinary strategy and therefore is a high level strategist. To lure the enemy out, break through and take their city is literally your basic strategy in that given battle considering the number disadvantage.

That the Quanrong moved so far out of their base and follow the enemy at night time is some next level retarded shit.

This is not in the same realm as Rinshoujou who had Ouki on his heels but perfectly remained in control and dictated everyone's movements.

In this matchup we have a Top Tier tier strategist and tactician versus a martially orientated general that has a good understanding of warfare.

She got lucky that the Quanrong behaved the way they did.
They did the exact thing she wanted them to do. It's called outplaying someone.

You really think Rinshoujo would do better then her in this situation? No food, massive disadvatange in numbers, powerful Quanrong troops against you, fighting on enemy's terrain etc?

It's annoying that people pretend like Yotanwa performed some extraordinary strategy and therefore is a high level strategist. To lure the enemy out, break through and take their city is literally your basic strategy in that given battle considering the number disadvantage.

That the Quanrong moved so far out of their base and follow the enemy at night time is some next level retarded shit.

This is not in the same realm as Rinshoujou who had Ouki on his heels but perfectly remained in control and dictated everyone's movements.

In this matchup we have a Top Tier tier strategist and tactician versus a martially orientated general that has a good understanding of warfare.
I don't think anyone is trying to say Yotanwa is a better strategist then him, but at the same time she deserves some credit. There simply weren't many possible moves to win this. She was in a terrible spot to begin with and yet she still pulled a victory by making her enemies overconfident.

I never thought it was a impressive tactic
Through all of that battle all i thought was this is retarded but the situation was horrible for YTW and she overcame it
By portrayal she is close to guys of that level and she has a big manpower advantage here so that's why i'm giving her the vote

I don't understand the rationale behind penalising winning battles by uncomplicated means, at all.

The more straightforward the path to victory, the more impressive it is - especially in victories under extreme circumstances like Ryouyou.

Layered strategies and complex formations are fun to look and talk about, but what do they matter in the grand scheme of things versus the results? They should matter very little, if they should matter at all.

Yo Tan Wa led 50K of her people + Heki's 10K to victory against a 171K army while fighting on empty stomachs and unfamiliar terrain. What is there to argue about?

They did the exact thing she wanted them to do. It's called outplaying someone.

You really think Rinshoujo would do better then her in this situation? No food, massive disadvatange in numbers, powerful Quanrong troops against you, fighting on enemy's terrain etc?

I don't think anyone is trying to say Yotanwa is a better strategist then him, but at the same time she deserves some credit. There simply weren't many possible moves to win this. She was in a terrible spot to begin with and yet she still pulled a victory by making her enemies overconfident.
I never thought it was a impressive tactic
Through all of that battle all i thought was this is retarded but the situation was horrible for YTW and she overcame it
By portrayal she is close to guys of that level and she has a big manpower advantage here so that's why i'm giving her the vote
Don't get me wrong, even I think this battle is extremely close and both sides have the ability to take this one.

The strength of the mountain tribes is clear, pure might boosted by that ridiculous leadership of Yotanwa. I like this matchup because for me both Yotanwa and Rinshoujou give off leader of a state vibes instead of being a military general which probably explains why they're such respected leaders.

That the Heki army actually pushed the Quanrong forces further than Bajio, Feego King and Katari actually shows that the mountain tribes lack in tactics and formation while Heki is able to perform textbook level of tactics, but their raw might is unparalleled.

I just think with Rinshoujou and Chougaryuu this will get tough but Yotanwa and Bajio are individually already > Gyou’Un ( well debatable with Bajio)