Character Discussion Would whole cake island have been better if Zoro was in it?

As we know, whole cake island was an opportunity for Oda to focus on the strawhats who were kicked out off dressrosa. But there was one character who wasn't in WCI that I really felt needed to be there. And that is zoro. While zoro did have a big moment in dressrosa, I feel like it doesn't make sense to have a sanji-centric arc and not have zoro involved.

Out of all of the straw hats, zoro is probably the closest to Sanji, bar maybe Luffy or the women. Because of this and because of their "rivalry", I think that it would have been really interesting to see zoro in the arc. Luffy getting beat up by sanji and then chasing after him, while nice, was something we've seen carried out in some form or another in previous arcs. It was supposed to be a parallel to water 7 when usopp fought Luffy.

However, there is one key difference between the two scenarios. In usopp vs luffy, it was impactful because the conflict was real. In sanji vs Luffy, it was obvious that it wasn't. I feel like this kinda ruined a lot of the potential whole cake island had.

Rather, I think it would have been so much better if it was Zoro who was there instead of Luffy. First off, zoro vs sanji was and is still a big thing, there would already be insane anticipation for this if Oda set it up. But far more importantly, zoro and sanji already have some conflict with each other, so wouldn't it be more interesting for Oda to tear open that conflict and explore their relationship a bit more?

We could still have all of the Luffy moments, and maybe even a really short Luffy vs sanji. But I feel like adding zoro into this arc would make it feel much more complete.

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
WCI would have been magnificent if the entire crew went, not just Nami/Chopper/Brook. The Straw Hats had already been separated for the majority of Dressrosa, which was the longest arc in the series at the time, so to prolong their reunion another three years made the jaunt to Big Mom’s house insufferable for me, even before all the dumb shit that happened therein.

Zoro would make the arc better for sure but not for your reasons.

Sanji x Luffy is not to be Usopp x Luffy but something like Usopp + Robin x Luffy. Water 7 and Enies Lobby is like one big arc as WCI. Sanji made the fight with Luffy just like Usopp and then sacrifice himself for the crew just like Robin. Luffy this time didn't fought Sanji as well he didn't had to back then with Usopp, but Sanji had no need to beat Luffy anyway. The bad part is that, makes absolute no sense Sanji beating Luffy. And until now I think Oda pushed too much to make Sanji feel that way about his family and save them. Was good because it really payed off later.

Zoro would be good because fights would make more sense. Zoro could take Cracker and Luffy wouldn't look that weak for needing Nami and plot armor for beating Cracker. And he could handle BM out of ship instead of Jinbe only. But Luffy would still have tons of plot armor x Katakuri and would still be a shity arc anyway.

Zoro is the vice capitain, that is why he was needed to be at Wano while Luffy was out.