Character Discussion Would you prefer had Doffy been a Yonkou instead of Kaido?

His bird cage was Yonko Level.

But no, Doffy should be Warlord at his level as he was.

If Doffy were Yonko level he wouldn't be that pussy controlling underworld by 'contracts' and weapons. He would be somewhat of a Kaido but clever. Maybe next Rock?

absolutely correct.
doflamingo is a man who goes for the kill.

kaido is just too stupid for his own good.

kaido: we don't need that many conquerors (proceeds to not kill the conquerors, instead he sends them to a shitty prison to break their spirits).
that's like garp, leaving a baby ace and a 7 years old luffy to be raised by bandits and expects them to grow into upstanding citizens.

kaido also didn't ask oden about laugh tale and the one piece.

he didn't kill the scabbards.

Last edited:
No, Doflamingo is essentially not a brave risk taker kind of guy..even Crocodile can be considered as a yonko but not doffy. Him being scared of Kaido/BPs. His aim being just doing business by hiding. Even his main aim when compared to someone similar like crocodile tells the tale. Crocodile took over alabasta to get to pluton and wanted to do something at world scale...while DD took dressrosa for just his mafia business. I could never see if as being capable of a yonko like character.
I remember the time when Monet died saying he should become the PK....at that time I thought oda had very big plans for him, his ambition is probably high..and he is hiding his main aim and potentially an anti hero too...but everything went in drain.

I prefer that Oda actually developed Kaido. Doffy served his purpose and will go down as the best antagonist in One Piece by far. However, we are 120 chapters into Wano and Kaido has yet to be given a backstory. Yamato felt like Oda created her out of nowhere, just to add more "flare" to Kaido. It just doesn't make sense how Oda butchered Kaido like this. We were given Big Mom backstory at the very beginning of WCI which was a rather very good back story regardless of how Oda written her character after that. But here we are with Kaido and we are given nothing, instead we are given lame dialogues of Kaido being as generic as ever:

- “These brats...are strong!!”

- “I’m actually taking damage..this is fun!!”

- “This brat injured me...how is this possible??!!”

- “When you’re having fun, you smile!!”

Like what is this crap?

I prefer that Oda actually developed Kaido. Doffy served his purpose and will go down as the best antagonist in One Piece by far. However, we are 120 chapters into Wano and Kaido has yet to be given a backstory. Yamato felt like Oda created her out of nowhere, just to add more "flare" to Kaido. It just doesn't make sense how Oda butchered Kaido like this. We were given Big Mom backstory at the very beginning of WCI which was a rather very good back story regardless of how Oda written her character after that. But here we are with Kaido and we are given nothing, instead we are given lame dialogues of Kaido being as generic as ever:

- “These brats...are strong!!”

- “I’m actually taking damage..this is fun!!”

- “This brat injured me...how is this possible??!!”

- “When you’re having fun, you smile!!”

Like what is this crap?
I agree with you regarding everything except for last part......it is more like alluding to something related to Joyboy...there are few instances Kaido has hinted something about Joyboy and also why he chose Wano....regardless of the damage done to Kaido character, I think I will give a chance to Kaido and come to conclusion before Wano gets concluded....

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
Kaido on the other hand is just a boring, stupid, giant meatbag. All he does is drink and cry, no personality or charisma other than getting jerked off by all the characters for being "so strong". He's just a really tough practice tool for Luffy to get stronger, nothing more. But as a character he might as well not exist and nothing of value would be lost
This MFer spittin

I agree with you regarding everything except for last part......it is more like alluding to something related to Joyboy...there are few instances Kaido has hinted something about Joyboy and also why he chose Wano....regardless of the damage done to Kaido character, I think I will give a chance to Kaido and come to conclusion before Wano gets concluded....
I be honest, nothing annoyed me more in Wano then when Kaido referenced Nika/Joy boy. It was like Oda was insulting the reader's intelligence. As if all Oda has to do to entertain us is to mention Joy Boy. As if we are cats and Oda is swinging yarn around at us while we are easily entertained, playing, trying to catch the yarn. Like fuck you Oda lmfao. Nika was a character Oda created out his ass. And Kaido doesn't know anything about Joy Boy. The only thing he probably knows about it is something so trivial and nonsense. Similar to how Oda revealed the name of the last island as "laughtale" and everyone was hyping over a stupid name after 25 years of writing. No reason why Oda had to hide the name of the last island for 25 years. And no reason why Oda should continue to hide Kaido's knowledge unless it is just fake hype which I am 99.9% certain it is.

Lee Ba Shou

Conqueror of the Stars
I be honest, nothing annoyed me more in Wano then when Kaido referenced Nika/Joy boy. It was like Oda was insulting the reader's intelligence. As if all Oda has to do to entertain us is to mention Joy Boy. As if we are cats and Oda is swinging yarn around at us while we are easily entertained, playing, trying to catch the yarn. Like fuck you Oda lmfao.
You must hate Shanks then lol, because Shanks’ entire presence in this manga is the equivalent of a parent trying to distract a baby by dangling shiny keys in its face.

The only reason people still get hyped for things like Shanks and Joyboy is that Oda simply hasn’t spent enough time on them to completely ruin them yet lol, and he only ever references them when he’s aiming for shallow hype moments with no substance behind them.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
I like kaido's character, but it definitely would've been great if doffy was a yonko

Someone mentioned how much of a missed opportunity it was that there isn't a secret yonko that runs the underworld

Doffy would've been perfect in that role
That would’ve been cool? If Doffy had a few more competent underlings and was considered an “honorary” Yonko due to his influence but not exact power.

That would’ve been cool? If Doffy had a few more competent underlings and was considered an “honorary” Yonko due to his influence but not exact power.
Definitely, doffy is cunning and manipulative, him running things behind the scenes is literally half his character

If he was around big mom's level of strengh and had commander level fighters, he would've went down as the greatest one piece vilain, I don't think any other vilain in op, aside from blackbeard will be as manipulative and cunning as doffy

BB as a yonko already is an improved version of Doffy. Smarter, clever, more knowledgeable, he aims for the top and has the means to back it. Doffy would just be a watered down version of BB and Oda for sure doesn't want to have somebody potentially step on his final villain role in the slightest. Be happy Doffy had his arc and a lot of fans loved him. You could have had him yonko lvl but that could have ruined his character. Would you risk to damage the portrait we saw of him in Dressrosa just for some stupid powerlevel?