Character Discussion Yamato general discussion

I think that Yamato is fine, I just find her unnecessary. She was randomly throw into the story 60 chapters into this arc during this huge raid. Her existence feels shoehorned in, especially if you're going to give her this much relevance. Like imagine if Robin wasn't introduced or mentioned until Alabasta. Or if we didn't know Franky until the crew started invading Enies Lobby. She has a cool design, and it's nice to see a strong female, that isn't treated like garbage, but she feels sudden. I'm also not the biggest fan of Oden or Ace, so her having a strong personal connection to those characters didn't help me like her.

Speaking of personal connections, I legitimately forgot, until I started typing this, that she's KAIDO's daughter. Doesn't even feel like that matters.
I know what you mean, and despite loving Yamato, you're not wrong.

But "randomly thrown" is how I feel about most things in Wano :catsweat: at least she's a nice one

i'm laying down why Yamato
1) sucks as a character
2) sucks as a straw hat

Now the reasons for point 1 are very simple , we have this daughter of the antagonist as a MASSIVE sudden power up to the alliance right out of the fucking blue , all the preparations , all the gathering of intel , weapons , soldiers , it amounts to peanuts when compared to Ultimate Haki Mythical God Devil fruit President Yamato, also Oda using Kaido's own daughter as a plot device to let Kaido not run around slaughtering the alliance( wich would have a sight to behold) is garbage writing.
Also i promise you , if Yamato was any other type of character then a Big Boobies, pretty face Female the backlash would be right about 100 times as much , so stop being a simp and rebel to this plot destroying bitch of yamato.

Now as to why she sucks a straw hat :
We have 10 god damn fucking chacters as a main cast , 9939429420420429 secondary characters , the straw hats are pretty much just a add-on, i say no this bullshit , we love the straw hats , we followed their journey since east blue , we have seen them grow both as characters AND as fighters , and guess what ? their plot relevance is right about 0.00000000001% then what yamato plot relevance is, FOR FUCK SAKE chopper fought queen for a few chapter and healed some people , Brook defeated a NUMBER yes a useless trash NUMBER , yamato did that as soon as she was on screen right after CASUALLY knocking out a FLYING SIX that Nami actually took some effort and MASSIVE help in beating.

Now Luffy , he trained his entire life , we have seen him struggle time and time again to grow more powerful and finally after 1010 chapters he's able to somewhat go blow for blow with Kaido ( alltough for a very short time ) AND GUESS WHAT ? plot-girl... uh i mean Yamato just SPAWNS in the middle of the war AND BEM BLOW FOR BLOW WITH KAIDO WITH ADVANCED COC , COA ,COO , ONE OF THE GODAMN RAREST DEVIL FRUITS IN THE SERIES AND 28 YEARS OF TRAINING THAT WE NEVER EXPERIENCED AS READER TO FIGHT KAIDO , FUCK THIS

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
1) sucks as a character
2) sucks as a straw hat

Now the reasons for point 1 are very simple , we have this daughter of the antagonist as a MASSIVE sudden power up to the alliance right out of the fucking blue , all the preparations , all the gathering of intel , weapons , soldiers , it amounts to peanuts when compared to Ultimate Haki Mythical God Devil fruit President Yamato, also Oda using Kaido's own daughter as a plot device to let Kaido not run around slaughtering the alliance( wich would have a sight to behold) is garbage writing.
Also i promise you , if Yamato was any other type of character then a Big Boobies, pretty face Female the backlash would be right about 100 times as much , so stop being a simp and rebel to this plot destroying bitch of yamato.

Now as to why she sucks a straw hat :
We have 10 god damn fucking chacters as a main cast , 9939429420420429 secondary characters , the straw hats are pretty much just a add-on, i say no this bullshit , we love the straw hats , we followed their journey since east blue , we have seen them grow both as characters AND as fighters , and guess what ? their plot relevance is right about 0.00000000001% then what yamato plot relevance is, FOR FUCK SAKE chopper fought queen for a few chapter and healed some people , Brook defeated a NUMBER yes a useless trash NUMBER , yamato did that as soon as she was on screen right after CASUALLY knocking out a FLYING SIX that Nami actually took some effort and MASSIVE help in beating.

Now Luffy , he trained his entire life , we have seen him struggle time and time again to grow more powerful and finally after 1010 chapters he's able to somewhat go blow for blow with Kaido ( alltough for a very short time ) AND GUESS WHAT ? plot-girl... uh i mean Yamato just SPAWNS in the middle of the war AND BEM BLOW FOR BLOW WITH KAIDO WITH ADVANCED COC , COA ,COO , ONE OF THE GODAMN RAREST DEVIL FRUITS IN THE SERIES AND 28 YEARS OF TRAINING THAT WE NEVER EXPERIENCED AS READER TO FIGHT KAIDO , FUCK THIS
The entire alliance was to beat just Kaido.
Kaido got Big Mom as an ally.
I don't see why the alliance can't get Yamato to try to even the sides again.

Doggo

Welcome to the House of Hope
yeah thats boring shit... but unless Scabbards can do more as their potrayal should be and not turning into some uselss shit too.
Don't worry.
Law, who couldn't do shit against Doflamingo besides hit him once with some cheap shot is gonna help Kidd beat Big Mom.
You know Kidd, right?
The dude that hasn't gotten a single W since he appeared, besides a Pacifista (was with Law as well).
Is joining Law to fight Big Mom as a "filler" fight.

Oh...this raid....:shame:
Post automatically merged:

Many people loathe how overused Sanji's gag is post-timeskip
I do as well.
What I'm saying is that Yamato's gag is not the "worst thing" people think it is.
Despite the fact that Oden is the most garbage character Oda has ever written, I think Yamato idolizing him and going over the top with it is fine. I actually laughed at Shinobu and Momo's reactions to her screaming she's Oden.

I do as well.
What I'm saying is that Yamato's gag is not the "worst thing" people think it is.
Despite the fact that Oden is the most garbage character Oda has ever written, I think Yamato idolizing him and going over the top with it is fine. I actually laughed at Shinobu and Momo's reactions to her screaming she's Oden.
I absolutely loathe it and I have high gag tolerance, maybe it would have been acceptable if Oden wanking wasn't already omnipresent before Yamato's Introduction. I'm sick of this shit:shame:

Don't worry.
Law, who couldn't do shit against Doflamingo besides hit him once with some cheap shot is gonna help Kidd beat Big Mom.
You know Kidd, right?
The dude that hasn't gotten a single W since he appeared, besides a Pacifista (was with Law as well).
Is joining Law to fight Big Mom as a "filler" fight.

Oh...this raid....:shame:
lmao yeah sudden power up is a bullshit for now..

1) sucks as a character
Honestly, it's impressive that you managed to write an entire paragraph about why Yamato sucks as a character... without writing a single word about her character. Bravo.