Character Discussion Yamato officially (!) confirmed to be a girl (and not a trans-person)

Well, that short movie shit is for the birds. Yamato's vivre card says female, though, so fair enough. It's not like Oda is a progressive type or from a progressive background so I actually don't mind if he doesn't touch gender politics at all. Still enjoy the character just as much.

Well, that short movie shit is for the birds. Yamato's vivre card says female, though, so fair enough. It's not like Oda is a progressive type or from a progressive background so I actually don't mind if he doesn't touch gender politics at all. Still enjoy the character just as much.
Morley and O-Kiku have been confirmed to be trans which I don't mind but I just hated that people on Twitter took Yamato completely out of context even with Oda implying early on that she was a bona fide lady

Morley and O-Kiku have been confirmed to be trans which I don't mind but I just hated that people on Twitter took Yamato completely out of context even with Oda implying early on that she was a bona fide lady
I mean there's running a misdirection until a reveal and then there's running a misdirection after people already have what they should have to understand wtf is up. Oda still has characters calling Yamato a son, so it's really not the most straightforward situation.

I sort of feel for those people because it really mattered to them, but at the end of the day shonen manga is probably the worst place for a sensitive subject like that and it's just fortunate that there are legit gay and trans characters anyway.

I was hoping to find a topic about it. Since I don't enter much here lately I don't know if anything happened maybe blocked threads etc.

Where are the SJW that used to defend Yamato being called a man instead of woman? Why so quiet now? Why none of you said "Sorry I was wrong" but instead you keep saying "I knew Oda wouldn't follow that path. It was clear that she never was a transgender" and bla ba bla?