Chapter Discussion Yuji being brought to life was lame

OK, Yuji stands no match against a cursed spirit, the author has to rely on sukuna, but it probably feels cheap for him to rely on sukuna everytime shit hits the fan, so he decides Yuji should lose control and let Sukuna go wild.

Sukuna keeps his word and fights Megumi, he holds Yuji captive by taking his heart. Eventually Megumi is about to summon a spirit Sukuna can't handle in his current form so he releases himself and returns Yuji back to normal.

Yuji dies because no heart, everyone weeps, but turns out he's alive.

The fakeout death felt cheap, Sukuna has no reason to kill Yuji given a vessel like him only comes by every 1000 years, Sukuna could have just messed with Megumi, injured him badly, see his power, and then return Yuji back to normal with his heart intact.

It removes the stakes to revive a character whos been dead for a while and had no heart, it discouraged me from reading any further for a bit, but now I'm back just wanting to rant

OK, Yuji stands no match against a cursed spirit, the author has to rely on sukuna, but it probably feels cheap for him to rely on sukuna everytime shit hits the fan, so he decides Yuji should lose control and let Sukuna go wild.

Sukuna keeps his word and fights Megumi, he holds Yuji captive by taking his heart. Eventually Megumi is about to summon a spirit Sukuna can't handle in his current form so he releases himself and returns Yuji back to normal.

The fakeout death felt cheap, Sukuna has no reason to kill Yuji given a vessel like him only comes by every 1000 years, Sukuna could have just messed with Megumi, injured him badly, see his power, and then return Yuji back to normal with his heart intact.

It removes the stakes to revive a character whos been dead for a while and had no heart, it discouraged me from reading any further for a bit, but now I'm back just wanting to rant
JJK was on the verge of being cancelled that's why Gege had yuji die so that he could wrap up the story

Sukuna didn't switch with Yuji because of the summon Megumi was about to make
Yuji took control of the body on his own because Megumi's words resonated with him