Controversial Yuji has had a finger sealed within him sense he was born

The TCB trans is wrong, the 生まれながらに makes it clear that Yuji had a finger sealed in him on birth. The translation is from Bergelmir on fanverse, for Sakunas and Uraume can be seen below.

Page 1
Uraume: Who and what is Itadori Yuji?
Sukuna: He is Kenjaku's child. Of which body, I don't know.
Uraume: ....That time, I was sure I felt something just like Sukuna-sama did.
--------This could also be "I was sure I felt something like Sukuna-sama", as in Uraume felt the same thing in Yuji as he feels in Sukuna-sama. Which. Totally valid interpretation since they're talking about Yuji having a soul-relation to Sukuna.
Uraume: But I just made a show of laughing
Uraume: Its exceeding power cannot be explained by just the traces of Sukuna-sama's power left in a empty vessel
Sukuna: Its Kenjaku. There is no way he would have a child without a reason
Sukuna: Most likely, the one he joined with is the reincarnation of my other self
--------番った相手tsugatta aite is the 'the person you/he/she/they paired with', can be used as a lab partner, a sports partner, any partner. And a marriage partner, a sexual partner. Sukuna is just saying "the person he got dicked by".
Sukuna: I believe its soul was the same
Uraume: Sukuna-sama's other self.... you say?
Sukuna: I avoided my destiny to be born as a twin
Sukuna: My mother must have been starving. So before I began starving as well, I ate my other self inside the womb.
Sukuna: And his soul spun and spun and paired up with Kenjaku.
--------巡りmeguri is to travel, patrol, go in circles. Its also a word used to describe people/souls reincarnating through time. So he's saying the twin reincarnated over the millenia until, as Jin, it made sweet, sweet love to Kenjaku.

Page 2
Sukuna: Just like you know, Itadori Yuji was
Sukuna: born as Player of the Culling Games, and had my cursed item sealed in him.
--------So this is the line in question. The word 生まれながらにumarenagarani means "while being born, as he/she/they were being born, when born", and it is grammarly situated to link to both being a Player and having a finger sealed in him. Meaning that Yuji was both already a Player and had a finger in him when he was born.
Sukuna: It was probably to ensure his strength as a vessel
Uraume: I see....
Uraume thoughts: But, then....
Uraume thoughts: Does that not mean that Itadori Yuji has potential hidden in him equal to Sukuna-sama.....?
--------潜在能力senzai nouryoku is 'potential, potential abilities/capabilities, latent abilities/capabilities'. Basically all the latent potential a person has.

Take it as you will.

This is confirmed by volume 14 cover where only 14 fingers are despite the fact Yuji had already consumed 15 fingers making it only a total of 19 fingers

So, there was never a finger that Gojo kept or Yuta/Rika consumed?

Man, how careless Gojo really was? He didnt plan shit for Sukuna fight. Wont be wrong to say he was suicidal.

But he was confident in next gen, that's the only good thing.

So, there was never a finger that Gojo kept or Yuta/Rika consumed?

Man, how careless Gojo really was? He didnt plan shit for Sukuna fight. Wont be wrong to say he was suicidal.

But he was confident in next gen, that's the only good thing.
Gojo did keep a finger, Uraume only gave Sakuna 3 fingers + the mummy making it a total of 19 fingers. The question is whether Sakuna absorbed the finger within Yuji or not it's kind of ambiguous by gege

Gojo did keep a finger, Uraume only gave Sakuna 3 fingers + the mummy making it a total of 19 fingers. The question is whether Sakuna absorbed the finger within Yuji or not it's kind of ambiguous by gege
Day 1 of spreading misinformation.

Jokes aside, I dont think so. Finger issue is resolved already.

So this is the line in question. The word 生まれながらにumarenagarani means "while being born, as he/she/they were being born, when born", and it is grammarly situated to link to both being a Player and having a finger sealed in him. Meaning that Yuji was both already a Player and had a finger in him when he was born.
It can simply mean they were intentionally feeding fingers to Yuji to seal Sukuna inside him.

Sukuna: Just like you know, Itadori Yuji was
Sukuna: born as Player of the Culling Games, and had my cursed item sealed in him.
Born as a player?

Who is this translator? Can he explain this line?

After reading these 3 lines it is safe to assume that Sukuna is saying Yuji entered culling games after consuming Sukuna's fingers.

Day 1 of spreading misinformation.

Jokes aside, I dont think so. Finger issue is resolved already.

It can simply mean they were intentionally feeding fingers to Yuji to seal Sukuna inside him.

Born as a player?

Who is this translator? Can he explain this line?

After reading these 3 lines it is safe to assume that Sukuna is saying Yuji entered culling games after consuming Sukuna's fingers.
He's a japanese reader he's done translations on fanverse before. The explanation is that since Yuji's birth hes had a finger sealed in him to strengthen him as a vessel and because of this he was born a player of the culling games.

1st finger: Eaten by Yuji in Chapter 1
2nd finger: Given to Yuji by Gojo
3rd finger: Eaten by Sukuna to strengthen his hold over Yuji's body
4th finger: Eaten by Sukuna via hand mouth after Megumi defeated the finger bearer
5th finger: Forcefully fed to unconscious Yuji by Himiko and Nanako
6th to 15th fingers: Forcefully fed to Yuji by Jogo
16th to 19th fingers: Eaten by Meguna after Uraume acquired them off screen

And the last one was eaten by Rika

Tyrant MUUGEN

呪のろいの王おう
Fraudjo got lucky man
Holy shit
Sukuna was not going all out and missing power its crazy :willight:
let’s see Sukuna had to use 10s & Mahoraga, a 3on1, Megumis Soul and a Binding Vow to just beat one sorcerer….

…while also having a back up plan in place with his body to regain CE/CT

did I miss anything?