Powers & Abilities Zoro and Advanced Armament Haki

One thing that has been bothering me in this recent fight against kaido, is zoros level of armament haki. We know that the scabbards can use advanced armament (emission not internal destruction), as they were able to cut kaido. From my understanding, zoro never had this ability (there is absolutely no proof that he had advanced armament emission), which is why he received enma. Enma "exudes the users ryou", and basically allows zoro to use advanced armament through that blade. In chapter 1001 when zoro uses purgatory onigiri, he does 0 damage to kaido and says "i need to unleash more of enmas power". My question now is, when zoro used dragon twister as well as asura on kaido, was he using only advanced armament on enma? We know that when zoro uses 3 sword style moves, they form 1 singular slash. What I currently think is that when zoro used asura, he had emission haki on enma, and regular hardening on wado and kitetsu, and by combining the three he was able to make a large singular slash on kaido just like back when he used asura on Kaku. As well, we know that conquerors haki was infused into this attack. Personally, I feel like Oda needs to give us a better confirmation on zoros current level of armament haki, as there is LOADS of confusion and many different takes on this from the community. I do think zoro will be able to use emission haki on all 3 blades very soon though, and possibly bloom by the end of wano.

Edit: nvm zoro can use advanced armament on all 3 blades, this makes 10x more sense now thanks to the ppl who replied and gave evidence.

Last edited:
regular hardening on wado and kitetsu,
This means Wado and Kitetsu did nothing during ashura... There is no regilar hardening that can hurt kaido

For a bit of context, Zoro learned Ryuo in Alabasta. Yes, the Breath of all things thing that Zoro used to cut Mr.1 was Ryuo since Hyogoro as he taught Luffy Ryuo, said the exact same words as Zoro’s master

See, what Enma was doing is OVER EXERTING Zoro... Zoro’s main problem was that Enma took way more power than everything else such as here

Enma is taking so much power it has a whole Huge ass Aura around it.

Zoro’s job has simply been to reduce the excess power and balance it evenly

This is Enma before the Ashura and compare the Aura around it here to the other times the aura was around it

By the time Zoro uses Ashura, there is NO aura anymore... Zoro has mastered Enma and Now his attacks perfectly balanced (As all things should be)

So Zoro already knew Ryuo in Alabasta. Its the ability to cut hard things that shouldnt be able to be cut. For example Steel or Kaido’s Dragon scales.

But Enma was extreme over exertion. It pushed out so much power that Zoro is forced to adapt. He has to get better haki and balance to the point that Enma’s haki drain doesnt even affect him. Now Zoro has good enough haki for all his swords.

And he can use Ashura with the Ryuo he knew alrrady with his well balanced swords

Because like you said, if Zoro never uses ryuo on Wado or Kitetsu then essentially those swords did nothing.

Last edited:
he had the barrier already
its a bit harder to see with swords
but here you go
the barrier/ryou is what mihawk taught him over the ts
when he stops the attack
top left

you more or less get the idea
hyou's explanation confirmed that too
also this
they all learnt ryou/barrier and you see their swords coated in black

what he did to scar kaido seems to have coc not just coa

This means Wado and Kitetsu did nothing during ashura... There is no regilar hardening that can hurt kaido

For a bit of context, Zoro learned Ryuo in Alabasta. Yes, the Breath of all things thing that Zoro used to cut Mr.1 was Ryuo since Hyogoro as he taught Luffy Ryuo, said the exact same words as Zoro’s master

See, what Enma was doing is OVER EXERTING Zoro... Zoro’s main problem was that Enma took way more power than everything else such as here

Enma is taking so much power it has a whole Huge ass Aura around it.

Zoro’s job has simply been to reduce the excess power and balance it evenly

This is Enma before the Ashura and compare the Aura around it here to the other times the aura was around it

By the time Zoro uses Ashura, there is NO aura anymore... Zoro has mastered Enma and Now his attacks perfectly balanced (As all things should be)

So Zoro already knew Ryuo in Alabasta. Its the ability to cut hard things that shouldnt be able to be cut. For example Steel or Kaido’s Dragon scales.

But Enma was extreme over exertion. It pushed out so much power that Zoro is forced to adapt. He has to get better haki and balance to the point that Enma’s haki drain doesnt even affect him. Now Zoro has good enough haki for all his swords.

And he can use Ashura with the Ryuo he knew alrrady with his well balanced swords

Because like you said, if Zoro never uses ryuo on Wado or Kitetsu then essentially those swords did nothing.
this makes a lot of sense and is actually quite logical, well said.
Post automatically merged:

he had the barrier already
its a bit harder to see with swords
but here you go
the barrier/ryou is what mihawk taught him over the ts
when he stops the attack
top left

you more or less get the idea
hyou's explanation confirmed that too
also this
they all learnt ryou/barrier and you see their swords coated in black

what he did to scar kaido seems to have coc not just coa
yeah this makes sense

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
I learned an efficient way to spot barrier haki by myself and it's very easy.

It takes to notice the intrinsic tridimensional structure of the drawing and so spot the position of the swords and the hit protected towards Zoro.