Should Oda have more panels of Zoro and Chopper bonding Post Timeskip

• Yes

Votes: 22 88.0%
  • No

Votes: 3 12.0%

• Total voters
G

Gran D. Master

No. Chopper can go fucking die. He's a shitty useless mascot meant for selling merchandise at this point, nothing else. The only interaction they should have is one where Zoro kills him and then eats him

Jew D. Boy

I Can Go Lower
You can apply this to most SHP interactions as they’ve dropped off mightily since the timeskip...Luffy basically operates as an independent boss at this point, his crew mates just react to him with little going the other way. All Zoro/Sanji do is fight with themselves, all Nami does is tell them to fuck off, all Usopp does is cower or chide everyone mentioned above, all Chopper does is fret and provide the ~*~kawaii desu~*~ moments, all Brook does is make bone jokes, and Jinbe has literally just shown up as a part of the crew. The only one who hasn’t completely regressed to a single personality trait is Franky, and that’s because he’s still just a gigantic weirdo so anything he does is taken as a joke anyway. Truly miss the days when we got to see them all bond and enjoy each other’s company...and I’m worried those days are done for good.

EDIT: It’s only after reading this back that I realize I missed Robin...that says more about the impact she’s had on the story since the timeskip than anything I could have added.

Last edited:
You can apply this to most SHP interactions as they’ve dropped off mightily since the timeskip...Luffy basically operates as an independent boss at this point, his crew mates just react to him with little going the other way. All Zoro/Sanji do is fight with themselves, all Nami does is tell them to fuck off, all Usopp does is cower or chide everyone mentioned above, all Chopper does is fret and provide the ~*~kawaii desu~*~ moments, all Brook does is make bone jokes, and Jinbe has literally just shown up as a part of the crew. The only one who hasn’t completely regressed to a single personality trait is Franky, and that’s because he’s still just a gigantic weirdo so anything he does is taken as a joke anyway. Truly miss the days when we got to see them all bond and enjoy each other’s company...and I’m worried those days are done for good.
The only hope I have is that either:

- Wano (the fights, the emotion, etc) shows a return to form for the series towards the climax.
- More personal storylines like Kuma/Bonney or Franky/Robin's eventual confrontation with Pluton being found, issues BB and Shanks come back into the fray, Dragon's motives, true history, whatever tragedy that is happening with Alabasta right now (if it is a tragedy) start to come back into the fold.

Really, I think A LOT of it has to do with what characters we care about and continue to care about and I can personally see a lot of these characters get personal growth moments again towards the forthcoming arcs.

A huge problem is this massive storyline Oda had to do with Kaido/BM and the Samurai. Its nearly 4x longer than the plotline Vivi had with Alabasta and in the end we all likely cared more about Vivi's impact and emotions with the crew. A lot of this is due to the sheer number of characters involved. Dressrosa is the definition of overstuffed and trying to accomplish too much. This is why I hope that once this arc ends, it starts to fold back to teased plotlines like Kuma's or gives us decent updates on Vivi and her father, things that are way smaller/more intimate.

Shit has the potential to be personal, it just hasn't been for years, and I think it really comes down to the number of characters Oda introduced in the last 8 years or so. Hopefully most of them just fade away after this arc (or don't return until the EoS at least), the Strawhats stay together for the remainder of the series, and the next arcs are about plotlines we've wanted answers to for years.

Edit: And dont get me wrong, I've enjoyed the last 8 years of OP, but really, I've been just along for the ride primarily for the art, designs, and revelations (the Reverie was awesome) until the series gets back to a lot of teased pre-timeskip characters (Kuma, Vegapunk, BB, Shanks, Admirals, Revolutionaries etc) and their plotines which have yet to at all be addressed.

I hate what Oda did to chopper. Chopper was actually one of the strongest straw hats pre-skip, with him coming right after Zoro and Sanji, as far as powerlevel goes.

This was true in his introduction at drum island and it was also true all the way to the end where Chopper's monster point allowed him to low diff Kumadori, who was stronger than fukurou(who franky beat).

pre-skip chopper was actually an interesting character. Post-skip chopper has been reduced to a mascot

KiriNigiri

The Road To Harmony
I definitely miss Zoro interacting with the crew. Even now, he's lost and separated from everyone else. It's nice he gets his own personal focus, but it wouldn't hurt to see him hangout with the others more.

I'd like to see more interactions with Nami and he. They sort of acted like older siblings to Luffy when Luffy would decide to be rambunctious. Their seniority as crewmembers is nostalgic.

Zoro and Usopp are hilarious just for how much they contrast and compliment eachother, while also having similar resolves and dreams.

I've never laughed harder than during this moment when Zoro and Usopp were stuck together while dealing with Kaku and Jabra.

Zoro and Sanji are a classic everyone knows at this point.

Zoro/Jinbe has some potential as well.

Their relationship pre ts was indeed really nice.
You also have usopp relationship with sanji that I really enjoyed especially that moment in enies lobby when sanji told that he'll do what he can't (defeating jabra) and usopp will do what anyone else in the crew can't (sniping the shit out of spandam). This was a real boost on his self esteem.

Regarding zoro and chopper, they haven't spend much time together since post ts started, I hope we see more advices from zoro to him, he always was like a big bro to chopper, tough with him when it was needed. And chopper manned the fuck up when zoro asked him to do so.