General & Others Zoro and Sanji, Wings of Pirate King

Fanboys still clinging to “SanJI is OnE of TwO WiNGs” to try and make him and Zoro equivalent, I see. Powerscaling fanboys will never stop being embarrassing.
This has nothing to do with power scaling man I mean the Japanese translation literally translates to “one of”😭😭 Jesus Christ is this what y’all think this is about? Even though it’s clear zoro is ahead in terms of strength??

Keep in mind that Japanese words usually don't specify whether they're singular or plural. So 両翼 (literally both wings) could be both wings or one of both wings (similar to the yonkou debate). From what I've seen, most japanese speakers are interpreting it as one of (a set of) both wings and they are the main target readers...

This has nothing to do with power scaling man I mean the Japanese translation literally translates to “one of”😭😭 Jesus Christ is this what y’all think this is about? Even though it’s clear zoro is ahead in terms of strength??
You’re full of it if you think that this whole thing is t fabricated trash about powerscaling. Stop. That’s all it ever is.

Also, I find it funny that people clamp onto random internet people like the guy that gets paid thousands upon thousands of dollars to translate as correct as possible so that the customers who actually buy the product get as accurate a translation as possible, would intentionally subvert it and would have translated it as such without knowing what the strict interpretation meant. That, as opposed to him understanding what the original text was, and translating it as he did because he knew what the actual intent was.

But yeah, internet people totally have more incentive to get it closer than the truth, because, you know, “muh character must be strong”.

If i recall who OEKaneki is, his/her angle here is that as a Nami fanatic who constantly used to argue Nami > Sanji in terms of crew significance, Zoro and Sanji getting special recognition in the crew would suck big time.

Also from that angle, it also probably sucks that something with such monumental significance as Volume 100

features Luffy, Zoro and Sanji on the Cover instead of Luff, Zoro and Nami, the trio he loves to promote :milaugh:

Last edited:
Stop explaining guys, English > Spanish and Japanese and everything else that somehow shows the opposite, it's clear

If you dont accept this you're delusional, right?
Now cope

Stop explaining guys, English > Spanish and Japanese and everything else, it's clear

If you dont accept this you're delusional, right?
Now cope
Even the English one is just fine as a literal translation. It's just going to be a title that can be used for either just one at a time or both as "The Wings of the Pirate King" or " Kaizoku-O no Ryoyoku"

If i recall who OEKaneki is, his/her angle here is that as a Nami fanatic who constantly used to argue Nami > Sanji in terms of crew significance, Zoro and Sanji getting special recognition in the crew would suck bit time.

Also from that angle, it also probably sucks that something with such monumental significance as Volume 100

features Luffy, Zoro and Sanji on the Cover instead of Luff, Zoro and Nami, the trio he loves to promote :milaugh:
Lmao coming from a dude that ties his favorite character to Zoro constantly because the only way he finds any worth in said character is if said character has even footing with another.

Nami is more important than Sanji in the crew in terms of significance, keep crying that Oda called Luffy, Zoro, and Nami the “triggers” of the story.

Also, I think “Sanji getting special recognition in the crew would suck bit time,” despite how I’m arguing that Sanji is the wings alone.

Go back to posting your nonsense theories about how Sanji can stop time and give up while you’re behind.

If i recall who OEKaneki is, his/her angle here is that as a Nami fanatic who constantly used to argue Nami > Sanji in terms of crew significance, Zoro and Sanji getting special recognition in the crew would suck bit time.

This not really saying much because oda literally went out of his way and made a special volor page for the orginal 3 for chapter 1000

You’re full of it if you think that this whole thing is t fabricated trash about powerscaling. Stop. That’s all it ever is.

Also, I find it funny that people clamp onto random internet people like the guy that gets paid thousands upon thousands of dollars to translate as correct as possible so that the customers who actually buy the product get as accurate a translation as possible, would intentionally subvert it and would have translated it as such without knowing what the strict interpretation meant. That, as opposed to him understanding what the original text was, and translating it as he did because he knew what the actual intent was.

But yeah, internet people totally have more incentive to get it closer than the truth, because, you know, “muh character must be strong”.
1. Are there people that are gonna use this as a power scaling argument? Absolutely but you make it seem that’s what this is all about when that is absolutely not the case.

2. have you read the thread? No one is saying the English translation is wrong people are just saying it lacks context and based on the Japanese translation it doesn’t just mean “wings” singularly but also translates to “one of”and this is coming from Japanese readers the intended audience as well. Stephen does a great job no ones saying he doesn’t buy for this particular case as many others the clippers English translation may not be the most accurate cuz it lacks context but that doesn’t make it inherently wrong.

Lmao coming from a dude that ties his favorite character to Zoro constantly because the only way he finds any worth in said character is if said character has even footing with another.

Nami is more important than Sanji in the crew in terms of significance, keep crying that Oda called Luffy, Zoro, and Nami the “triggers” of the story.

Also, I think “Sanji getting special recognition in the crew would suck bit time,” despite how I’m arguing that Sanji is the wings alone.

Go back to posting your nonsense theories about how Sanji can stop time and give up while you’re behind.
You're butthurt because Zoro and Sanji being the wings clearly denotes Nami's ass is down on the ground while they help the PK soar to new heights :milaugh:
Post automatically merged:

This not really saying much because oda literally went out of his way and made a special volor page for the orginal 3 for chapter 1000
Whole Volume Cover > single chapter color page :kayneshrug:

is just fine as a literal translation
Thats what some people can't get. If the used terms didn't imply the same thing in a SBS, If native Japanese weren't implying the same + other languages like Spanish also doing the very same thing then there was no reason to discuss. Its a complete matter of literal translation applied in a especific context

Thats what some people can't get. If the used terms didn't imply the same thing in a SBS, If native Japanese weren't implying the same + other languages like Spanish also doing the very same thing then there was no reason to discuss. Its a complete matter of literal translation applied in a especific context
Well yeah, the japanese words are exactly the same as in the SBS. It's even a post time skip SBS, not outdated info :milaugh:

Funny how people feel so strong about Databooks not written by Oda, but their answer to SBS information directly written by Oda is that "Maybe Oda will his change mind :pepemwai:" :milaugh:

Fk Oda and his „wings nickname„.
No one asked for this and no one needs this, fk the condom. He does not need „wings„ he has enough plot armor to end the manga in the next chapter.:milaugh:

Aight guys just let them be.

We gave them the information, they can do whatever they want with it.

This will come up again sooner or later, so we don't need to convince anyone of anything. It's not like that's going to change how Oda handles things

:myman:
Sanji on Ace side?? Could it be another foreshadowing for sanji?

😂😂😂