General & Others Zoro and Sanji, Wings of Pirate King

Also, I find it funny that people clamp onto random internet people like the guy that gets paid thousands upon thousands of dollars to translate as correct as possible so that the customers who actually buy the product get as accurate a translation as possible, would intentionally subvert it and would have translated it as such without knowing what the strict interpretation meant. That, as opposed to him understanding what the original text was, and translating it as he did because he knew what the actual intent was.
Indeed, the person who is paid to translate this as correct as possible chose "one of the wings".

Oh, I'm sorry, you were talking about one of the official translations, not the other one.

Indeed, the person who is paid to translate this as correct as possible chose "one of the wings".

Oh, I'm sorry, you were talking about one of the official translations, not the other one.
No, you wrong, it's obvious that the hired Spanish guy wants to fit some agenda so he translated it as "One of the wings"

:cantseeme: :saden: :suresure:

Lhulu

Tobidara Believer
β€Ž
English translation - both wings
Spanish translation - one wing

The portuguese translation is useless since it's literally a ctrl-c/ctrl-v from english one.

Anyway, Zoro and Sanji aren't equal in power-level so i don't know why some guys are so mad about that title.

No, you wrong, it's obvious that the hired Spanish guy wants to fit some agenda so he translated it as "One of the wings"

:cantseeme: :saden: :suresure:
I'll confess you something: the Japanese readers are part of this conspiracy too, and even Oda himself when he used the term to refer to both Zoro and Sanji, but if you say anything I will have to translate you into English, if you know what I mean... :beckmoji:

I'll confess you something: the Japanese readers are part of this conspiracy too, and even Oda himself when he used the term to refer to both Zoro and Sanji, but if you say anything I will have to translate you into English, if you know what I mean... :beckmoji:
Language is merely a social construct, why do our ancestors have more right than us to it, that is blatant racism.....I say we get with the times and change the fundamentals of our vermicular as a whole............to fit with my narrative on a Japanese children's comic.

If i recall who OEKaneki is, his/her angle here is that as a Nami fanatic who constantly used to argue Nami > Sanji in terms of crew significance, Zoro and Sanji getting special recognition in the crew would suck big time.

Also from that angle, it also probably sucks that something with such monumental significance as Volume 100

features Luffy, Zoro and Sanji on the Cover instead of Luff, Zoro and Nami, the trio he loves to promote :milaugh:
Nami is more important than Sanji.

Volume 1 is way more monumental than Volume 100 and this was the cover:

Chapter 1000 was a bigger milestone than Volume 100 and this was the illustration Oda used to celebrate it:

There's a reason Oda referred to Luffy, Zoro, Nami as the 3 main characters and the triggers for the story.

Chapter 1000 was a bigger milestone than Volume 100 and this was the illustration Oda used to celebrate it:

There's a reason Oda referred to Luffy, Zoro, Nami as the 3 main characters and the triggers for the story.
So a volume before Sanji was introduced :milaugh:

You know, all the SH's including Nami are part of the larger spread going over 3 covers.

It's just that she's sidelined with everyone else, while Sanji and Zoro are front and center with Luffy for the Volume 100 :myman:

You know, all the SH's including Nami are part of the larger spread going over 3 covers.

It's just that she's sidelined with everyone else, while Sanji and Zoro are front and center with Luffy for the Volume 100 :myman:
Are people still saying Nami is Luffys left hand... I thought dressrosa shut that up when nami straight up called Sanji the captain when they were in an emergency.

Yes main characters introduced earlier in the story tend to be more important than main characters introduced later in the story.

That's nice about Volume 100. Too bad, it was Nami and not Sanji in Oda's celebratory illustration for Chapter 1000, which he made a bigger deal of than Volume 100.

They triggered the story because they were the first ones, it's lame trying to compare Sanji's importance with Nami's in the grand scheme of things, Usopp came first than Sanji and it's the same thing.

Baratie arc has Zoro fighting Mihawk, losing and stating his life time goal, it has Luffy having his first extreme diff fight and talking about never giving up on his goal, being saved by Sanji and both having particular moments. Sanji witnessed all of that with his own eyes, one of the reasons for him to set sail it's that Zeff saw on Luffy the same thing Sanji was hiding within himself. Thats actually in this arc

It's not hard to see that without Zoro and Sanji, the Strawhats would have died long ago, their decisions and actions make huge differences in the plot. Obviously without Nami's assistance they wouldn't even set sail properly or reach their goal, thats undeniable.

You guys get salty with the Zoro/Sanji wings thing but are fine with saying that Nami has much more overall importance than Sanji

Yes main characters introduced earlier in the story tend to be more important than main characters introduced later in the story.

That's nice about Volume 100. Too bad, it was Nami and not Sanji in Oda's celebratory illustration for Chapter 1000, which he made a bigger deal of than Volume 100.
Only in theory is Nami ever more important than Sanji, while in practice it's the exact opposite. In the meta-narrative of One Piece Nami would be a more relevant entity but within the nuances of the story she doesn't come close to half of the influence Sanji has on the plot.

Oda's making a special 3 Volume Covers spread and you think it's not a big deal ? :milaugh:

I guess you got to roll with that if you argue for Nami and she's shoved to the side :kayneshrug:

They triggered the story because they were the first ones, it's lame trying to compare Sanji's importance with Nami's in the grand scheme of things, Usopp came first than Sanji and it's the same thing.

Baratie arc has Zoro fighting Mihawk, losing and stating his life time goal, it has Luffy having his first extreme diff fight and talking about never giving up on his goal, being saved by Sanji and both having particular moments. Sanji witnessed all of that with his own eyes, one of the reasons for him to set sail it's that Zeff saw on Luffy the same thing Sanji was hiding within himself

It's not hard to see that without Zoro and Sanji, the Strawhats would have died long ago, their decisions and actions make huge differences in the plot. Obviously without Nami's assistance they wouldn't even set sail properly or reach their goal, thats undeniable.

You guys get salty with the Zoro/Sanji wings thing but are fine with saying that Nami has more overall importance than Sanji.

:kaidowhat:
I mean there's a reason it's always either Nami or Zoro advising Luffy on major decisions or being the main crewmate involved in the formation of alliances (like with Law and the Grand Fleet).

Oda's making a special 3 Volumes spread cover and you think it's not a big deal ? :milaugh:

I guess you got to roll with that if you argue for Nami and she's shoved to the side :kayneshrug:
And Sanji wasn't even included for Chapter 1000...just the OG Trio

I mean there's a reason it's always either Nami or Zoro advising Luffy on major decisions or being the main crewmate involved in the formation of alliances (like with Law and the Grand Fleet).

And Sanji wasn't even included for Chapter 1000...just the OG Trio
Nami did not make an appearance in the actual chapter :milaugh:

Just characters that share the Volume 100 cover with Sanji :myman: