Versus Battle Goku v Beerus

Beerus’ power will continued to be retconned and pushed higher and higher the longer Super goes on for. Remember when he was afraid of the Super Saiyan God, which is an ant compared to UI?
Yeah the goal of super is to surpass the gods, and Beerus's prophecy is still in effect, the fish told him he would one day have worthy rivals. I think we will know when Goku gets to his level, they will fight again.

Thus far Beerus doesn't feel the need to fight him, thus he's still below him.

No matter how nonsensical that sounds.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Yeah the goal of super is to surpass the gods, and Beerus's prophecy is still in effect, the fish told him he would one day have worthy rivals. I think we will know when Goku gets to his level, they will fight again.

Thus far Beerus doesn't feel the need to fight him, thus he's still below him.

No matter how nonsensical that sounds.
Super will probably end with Goku beating the Gran priest and somehow still being below Beerus

I kinda get why but I think Beerus is what’s holding the series back now (alongside poor writing). Cant have much threat when your BFF god of destruction can step in any arc.
Keyword is when he can step in, but he never does.

Last time they helped was in the Resurrection of F sage, and that was Whis, not Beerus.

But meh.

Stopped caring about DBS since the start of the Moro saga lmao.

I didnt even read it.

Read the last 2 chapters and that was that.

TheAncientCenturion

I will never forgive Oda
‎‎‎
Keyword is when he can step in, but he never does.

Last time they helped was in the Resurrection of F sage, and that was Whis, not Beerus.

But meh.

Stopped caring about DBS since the start of the Moro saga lmao.

I didnt even read it.

Read the last 2 chapters and that was that.
I think you’re missing out on Moro. The first half was good and refreshing. Middle chunk was what you’d expect and the finale was shit. Like you read the worst part.

Beerus doesn’t step in but it’s usually for contrived plot reasons. The mans presence is an obstacle to write around lol. I think he needs to die, get replaced by some new strong guy who’s antagonistic to the Z fighters.

I think you’re missing out on Moro. The first half was good and refreshing. Middle chunk was what you’d expect and the finale was shit. Like you read the worst part.

Beerus doesn’t step in but it’s usually for contrived plot reasons. The mans presence is an obstacle to write around lol. I think he needs to die, get replaced by some new strong guy who’s antagonistic to the Z fighters.
Beerus dying while it would be nice will never happen, the character's merch sells llike hotcakes.

Ill check the arc :P

Bogard

You can't win
Looks to me they are attempting to retcon Beerus to be closer to angel level fighters. Beerus was originally portrayed as one shot material to Whis, but in the recent chapter it's mentioned that Whis is in constant ultra instinct state, which means he is always in ultra instinct mode.

On the other hand, they now claim that Beerus has a mode that if someone on Vegeta's level could learn, could allow him to surpass Goku's current UI level, a mode unknown to Vegeta, and thus suggesting it to be a technique increasing Beerus' base level.

If it's the case then, it could allow Beerus to turn out to be closer to angel level fighters than he originally appeared to be, in which case, Goku could probably not be able to beat him now. I guess it could also go in accordance to the oracle fish prediction about the time when he'd get rival(time that seems not to be the case now), as well as why plot had to move him away from planet Moro just the moment he finally decided to fight

So while it logically doesn't make sense that Goku didn't surpass him yet, the narrative seem to suggest that Beerus is still stronger

Looks to me they are attempting to retcon Beerus to be closer to angel level fighters. Beerus was originally portrayed as one shot material to Whis, but in the recent chapter it's mentioned that Whis is in constant ultra instinct state, which means he is always in ultra instinct mode.

On the other hand, they now claim that Beerus has a mode that if someone on Vegeta's level could learn, could allow him to surpass Goku's current UI level, a mode unknown to Vegeta, and thus suggesting it to be a technique increasing Beerus' base level.

If it's the case then, it could allow Beerus to turn out to be closer to angel level fighters than he originally appeared to be, in which case, Goku could probably not be able to beat him now. I guess it could also go in accordance to the oracle fish prediction about the time when he'd get rival(time that seems not to be the case now), as well as why plot had to move him away from planet Moro just the moment he finally decided to fight

So while it logically doesn't make sense that Goku didn't surpass him yet, the narrative seem to suggest that Beerus is still stronger
My theory is that Toyotaro likes Beerus and doesn’t want him to become like all of the other side characters in DB who were initially a challenge for Goku, but then became irrelevant over time (Tien, Piccolo, etc), so he’s avoiding addressing how strong Beerus is compared to Goku

Beerus is whataever level Goku is currently at mutiplied by 10

Repeat for every arc

The day Goku surpasses Beerus is the day Super ends

Their character dynamic doesnt work if Goku is the stronger one

And Beerus loses all relevance to the plot the day he is surpassed

Finalbeta

Law Nerd
Beerus is whataever level Goku is currently at mutiplied by 10

Repeat for every arc

The day Goku surpasses Beerus is the day Super ends

Their character dynamic doesnt work if Goku is the stronger one

And Beerus loses all relevance to the plot the day he is surpassed