Status
Not open for further replies.
Zoro is using armament haki though. Just beacause it's not drawn doesn't mean he's not using it. It's similar to when the scabbards wounded Kaido.
But hardening is better of course. Right? Isn’t Zoro with the actual black blades Better than when they aren’t black?

Like we can assume Zoro was using armament all through the killer fight but surely we agree that when he actually made the blades black in the last attack, that was a SIGNIFICANT boost

Yep, at the same time, Zoros already existing abilities made iz possible in the first place for him to use it. As far as we know, Zoro is the third guy in Wano ever zo be able to use Enma.
Enma would just outright kill most swordsmen.

My stance has always been that Enma is special, but it also takes a special swordsman to be able to use it.

I

Indigo

Here is my question

Is Kaido for the whole chapter is in his Dragon form?

:josad:

Oda, why do you keep doing this!?
Post automatically merged:

sure
Kaido is enjoying the fight, let the dude have fun, he was smiling from all of the attacks back on 1001. He won't go all out straight up, he first goes into dragon form to test their enemies, if they can deal with it he goes into human form and if they somehow deal with that, then he gets really serious and goes into hybrid.

He didn't outshine anyone coz he is busy playing the "underling as shi3ld" role in this battle
Protecting luffy while luffu can tank attacks by himself anyway

Zoro own skills have been poor on kaido than Kiku/kinnemon skills
Both times he cuts fire, he used kinnemon skills.
This is not a good thing for a swordman .
Fire attacks is not a good thing for a swordsman? Kinemon is literally the only one who we knew could do it before Zoro lol.

You sir unfortunately have the Skip Bayless syndrome, you'll twist things and move goalposts to downplay Zoro's feats.

Law, Kidd, Killer can't deal with Kaido's attacks the way Zoro is seemingly able to do.

I

Indigo

Enma would just outright kill most swordsmen.

My stance has always been that Enma is special, but it also takes a special swordsman to be able to use it.
So you think Ryuma, the god of the sword, the strongest swordsman that ever was, would be stronger if he had Enma instead of Shusui? i find this concept really weird, i think a master of Ryou and at the top of their game, it wouldn't matter the blade he was using, especially if you're using a blade yourself turned into a black blade, like Mihawk.

The spoiler providers are calling it a new attack because it’s named for the first time. I think

Unless it’s an even stronger version than the one he used on the scabbards
It could be straight out different. VS the Scabbards it was many invisible wind blades, but there's a lot Oda could do with the Wind in terms of type of attacks.

I

Indigo

So you think Ryuma, the god of the sword, the strongest swordsman that ever was, would be stronger if he had Enma instead of Shusui? i find this concept really weird, i think a master of Ryou and at the top of their game, it wouldn't matter the blade he was using, especially if you're using a blade yourself turned into a black blade, like Mihawk.
Actually, we don't know if Mihawk turned Yoru into a Black Blade right? he prob did, it's just not confirmed yet as far as i know?

K

KAIDO D. STRONGER

I hate to agree with you... but I do

I don’t like how this chapter is basically the same as last chapter

it’s attacks being thrown around and none hitting or doing much damage

It’s really weird What Oda is doing. EVERYONE knows that if one attack even hits guys like Killer or Law, the guys will be out... I was really hoping there would be more direct tactics to this fight than EVERYONE SHOOT EVERYTHING AT THE OTHER GUYS

Now it no longer matters that the supernovas have very different fighting styles. All their abilities are being used the same way, just shoot shit at the other. So one miscalculation and bam, one of them gets fucked up...
Yes, ODA can continue this torture until the first (significant) deadly damage is inflicted / inflicted on Kaido. :whitepress:I do not want to see DRAGON kaido fight, give me kaido base with his martial arts of comabate and haki mastery, new ODA attacks.:beckmoji:

Cinera

𝐀𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐫𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐌𝐚𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐞𝐧𝐧𝐲 𝐏𝐞𝐭
It's brought to our attention this chapter when Zoro used Enma to defend.
I don't think this is that special. It's merely the sword Zoro countered/blocked Kaido's attack with.
  • Was Wado/Sandai under special focus when Zoro used it to cut Big Mom's Heavenly Fire.
  • Would Wado/Sandai be under focus when Zoro uses it to cut Kaido's Boro Breath?
This isn't noteworthy, it's simply that activities Zoro performs using Enma are specially reported on, but the activities he performs using his other swords aren't.

It's brought to our attention this chapter after Zoro attacks Kaido.
Yep, Zoro struck Kaido using Enma for the technique, and the attack triggered Kaido's Oden PTSD.

I maintain my stance that Enma is not treated as any other blade/mere training tool
Not really. The focus Enma has received so far is not materially different from the focus Shusui received in the Oars fight (in fact, Shusui has been even more highlighted).

We have 5 pages of Zoro ruminating on Shusui during his Oars fight.

Enma would continue to receive special focus from Kaido in particular, because it's one of only two swords that gave him his lone grievous scar, so seeing it hurt him triggers his PTSD. However, Zoro hasn't given Enma more attention than he gave Shusui vs Oars (he commented on Enma in only one panel, vs the 5 pages he spent ruminating on Shusui in the Oars fight). This is without even bringing up the attention Zoro devoted to Shusui during and immediately after the Ryuma fight.

The attention Shusui received from Zoro has been far more than what Enma has received so far, you're just suffering from recency bias. Enma may yet receive more attention from Zoro than Shusui did by the time the fight ends, but until then, I wouldn't consider it as especially different. You can trust that I'll be honest in my evaluation of this.

(I'm ignoring the Kaido attention because Kaido has history with Enma while Oars did not have history with Shusui. Despite that, Oars commented that the first Shusui attack would have hurt him pretty badly).

As for whether Enma is a power up, I've said that I think it is already.

Status
Not open for further replies.